Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked as a 2-queen bed standard room or 2-queen plus a child-sized pulldown bed for September, indicated as accommodating 5 adults. Can anyone shed light on how the room accommodates 5 adults, as a child-sized pulldown bed will not accommodate an adult?

I think its ridiculous for people to still be going on about the gift cards. Disney owes you nothing. Regardless of your trip or when you booked or didn't book or whatever other excuse you think should get you something. You choose where to spend your money. If you don't like that you're not getting gift cards because of when you booked then that is your own fault. You more than likely knew about the construction if you booked any time after March 1st or so when they announced it. Go somewhere else if you feel so inconvenienced. Someone else will surely take your place. Disney does such a great job with everything I think people need to be a little more gratfeul. Unless something crazy or terrible happens and completely ruins your trip, all on here should just enjoy their vacation and time away from the everyday stresses of life.

You are correct, Disney owes you nothing... other than what you pay for. Part of what you pay for at a resort is atmosphere, ambiance and conveniences. When you pay full price but are not getting the full scope of those as was designed for that resort then the price should be adjusted for what you are now able to get. If the price isnt reflective of the losses then you are due compensation. Its like placing an order for a suit but when its delivered you only receive the jacket because they ran out of fabric. You would not tolerate that, without price adjustment, no matter how much of a "great job" they did with the jacket.

We are booked as a 2-queen bed standard room or 2-queen plus a child-sized pulldown bed for September, indicated as accommodating 5 adults. Can anyone shed light on how the room accommodates 5 adults, as a child-sized pulldown bed will not accommodate an adult?

We had a pull down last September. My 5 year old DD slept on it. It's not quite a full sized twin bed, but I wouldn't call it child sized. I'm a 5"6 average sized woman. I could have slept on the bed. However, I probably would have been approaching the maximum size to feel comfortable on that bed.

You are correct, Disney owes you nothing... other than what you pay for. Part of what you pay for at a resort is atmosphere, ambiance and conveniences. When you pay full price but are not getting the full scope of those as was designed for that resort then the price should be adjusted for what you are now able to get. If the price isnt reflective of the losses then you are due compensation. Its like placing an order for a suit but when its delivered you only receive the jacket because they ran out of fabric. You would not tolerate that, without price adjustment, no matter how much of a "great job" they did with the jacket.
Perfectly stated and WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!!:)

As of a couple weeks ago there was a burn ban in the Orlando area so all the bon fires were stopped. Not sure if it's been lifted yet.
I believe it! My brother lives in Orlando (works at Universal :rolleyes1), and he says it's been dry as a bone there. I'm sure we will kill the drought when we get there in August, as we tend to bring rain wherever we go:scratchin

I believe it! My brother lives in Orlando (works at Universal :rolleyes1), and he says it's been dry as a bone there.
No doubt-parts of the Palm Trees here at CBR are turning brown.

34650925521_f07183ef71_h.jpg

I have had conflicting information from cast members when I called-we will be staying in November. One said each buffet would be a table service credit on DDP, another said it would be a counter service credit-does anyone know from experience which it is? Thanks for these great updates, everyone!

Except you didn't know you were only receiving part of it..

People who booked after the GC's were called off FULL WELL KNOWING that there was construction going on are not owed anything. The point is crystal clear. I'm sorry you fail to understand.

I am here now. I apologize if some or all of this is duplicative.

We are in Aruba. I think Aruba or Jamaica would be fine if you have a standard room.

Construction a lot more than I had anticipated. Barbados is walled up and the buildings are gutted. Workers in hard hats all over inside gates and around Custom House.

Coffee available at the guest rooms previously talked about and at the big tent by the pool where you can get the buffet.

A lot of food trucks around main pool area.

The pool bar is there. Just surrounded on all sides by the construction fencing.

Today at the main pool they had Donald, Goofy, and Minnie doing the pool party.

There are the freestyle coke machines but they are not by all of the ice machines. They can be kind of tricky and hard to find (at least they were for us).

This trip is with my 3 girls and my folks. We did get connecting rooms. I didn't do online check in because wanted gift card. In hindsight I wish I had and just went and got the gift card later. They had it in the back in an envelope with name on it. Amount predetermined and on letter in envelope. Our check in process was not great. My parents have the dining plan and all the information was not even explained. They still don't have charging privileges on their room. It wasn't offered at check in and it is a hassle to get over there.

We are here until early Tuesday morning if anyone has specific questions I can try to find out.

I love CBR, but I got this room with the AP discount and gift card. If I didn't have that incentive I don't know that I would be here. It is definitely a construction zone.

I am here now. I apologize if some or all of this is duplicative.

We are in Aruba. I think Aruba or Jamaica would be fine if you have a standard room.

Construction a lot more than I had anticipated. Barbados is walled up and the buildings are gutted. Workers in hard hats all over inside gates and around Custom House.

Coffee available at the guest rooms previously talked about and at the big tent by the pool where you can get the buffet.

A lot of food trucks around main pool area.

The pool bar is there. Just surrounded on all sides by the construction fencing.

Today at the main pool they had Donald, Goofy, and Minnie doing the pool party.

There are the freestyle coke machines but they are not by all of the ice machines. They can be kind of tricky and hard to find (at least they were for us).

This trip is with my 3 girls and my folks. We did get connecting rooms. I didn't do online check in because wanted gift card. In hindsight I wish I had and just went and got the gift card later. They had it in the back in an envelope with name on it. Amount predetermined and on letter in envelope. Our check in process was not great. My parents have the dining plan and all the information was not even explained. They still don't have charging privileges on their room. It wasn't offered at check in and it is a hassle to get over there.

We are here until early Tuesday morning if anyone has specific questions I can try to find out.

I love CBR, but I got this room with the AP discount and gift card. If I didn't have that incentive I don't know that I would be here. It is definitely a construction zone.

Thank you for taking the time to update! Appreciate the honest feedback.

Are the multiple food trucks serving different menus?

Is there iced tea anywhere for refilling mugs?

What building of Aruba? How much noise are you hearing? How much do you see coming and going from room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!