Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

A question for those knowledgeable about CBR. We're booked for a short stay in October but have never stayed there before. We'll have a rental car and I was wondering if there's a place to enter/exit the resort property other than the main/front entrance. Thanks! Also many thanks to those sharing pics and info as the construction progresses. It really helps to set expectations.

Sending a giant THANK YOU to 12jdc. We appreciate all your efforts in providing us with the flavor of the CBR right now.

To us, it seems that people staying in Martinique should be receiving MORE than a $75 per day gift card (even if they booked after 3/15). THEY are certainly the most affected by the construction....without a doubt. We can't believe ANY of those rooms are being booked! Of course, the bottom line for Disney is $$$ so, for them, it makes sense.

The Centertown area isn't ideal and it seems a bit chaotic but it's only in the first few weeks of operation. Our hope is the kinks will be worked out and, within a month or so, changes will be made to have things flow better than they looked in your video. It seems navigating by foot near and around Centertown isn't easy. Looked like you were having a hard time figuring out how to arrive at the food court. We saw the signs but were they enough? Also, noise at the main pool was very apparent. Not good for guests who spend time there during the daytime hours.

All the islands, other than Martinique, look pretty "normal" but we did hear some construction noise which is to be expected.

Again, many thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share this video with all of us!
Oh thank you but I can't take credit it is from Theme Park Brothers on youtube. I don't know if he is planning on doing occasional updates or not. You could post a comment on his video on youtube or his channel. I was just watching youtube prepping for my trip and I came across it. He posted it today.

I've never stayed at CBR, but plan to stay part of the time in September, then CSR so that I have a fitness center:yay:. As others have mentioned, the only rooms available right now are the Pirate Rooms. Can people tell me if there are any benefits of staying at Trinidad North or South aside from the distance from amenities? I'm actually going to keep checking for cancellations and possibly move to non-pirate. I also hope that they come out with an AP discount this summer that would cover some of my time there. Let me know your thoughts all of the CBR aficionados.:worship:

My 2 cents...We were staying at CR for a week. Decided to add one more day while there. CR was full, so choose CBR for one night as we have stayed at CBR before and loved it. Knew of the construction going in, but thought how bad could it be just for a sleep/shower.

After a day at MK, we checked in. We had requested a pull down bed.This was our only request as we have 3 kids (though 1 is 2.5). Did not get it. Got a room in Martinique. A handicapped room, although we did not need or request this. Was disappointed because the front desk had said we would get a pull down when we inquired about the room the night before. We had to go over to CBR the night before to inquire about a room as reservation center was down.

Everyone settled in to rest for an hour and then our plan was to walk around, enjoy the beach and get food. After an hour we were still tired so we checked the room service menu. Nothing looked good and it was $$$. Honestly we just wanted pizza delivered like we've gotten from POP before! Looked at the map they had given us with food centers marked. Thought we'd just grab a sandwich from one of the hotel rooms they've converted to grab in go rooms. Walked to the closest one and were soooo disappointed. A couple of hard boiled eggs, and pop tarts and nutri grain bars. No sandwiches. No salads. No wraps. This was probably 7 pm, so maybe they had sold out??? I don't know, but it was such a let down. Decided to walk to the buffet at center town.

This was a long walk after a park day, with 3 tired kids. We were hungry. I was getting annoyed. I was SO glad we were only staying one night. Even with the $75 GC it would not have been worth the hassle. It ruined the "magical" Disney feel. My ex marine DH said the center town white tent area,felt like he was back in the fields. When we arrived we decided the buffet was not for us. So we just grabbed 3 cheeseburgers and a tukey sandwich. Nothing came with fries, just these disgusting (weirdly spicy?) chips. I love spicy food, but these were just gross. The cheeseburgers were not great, but edible. The turkey sandwich was gross. Hubby traded his burger with me and ate it. It has a nasty sauce on it. A few hours later DH woke up throwing up. DO NOT GET THE TURKEY SANDWICH!

The drink stations were OK, but squishy. Only a few people can fit inside at once. By the time we were done, we had 2 people waiting outside to go in.

The cooler bags were a nice surprise.

Our room was right by the quiet pool, so I stayed up doing laundry before we heard home. Very convenient.

Overall, CBR is a disaster of an area right now. We will not consider staying there again until the construction is done. It is not worth the hassle and congestion (center town was packed). It didn't feel very Disney.

We had our own car,so didn't have to deal with the buses. Not sure how they are.

One more thing....We were on the DP and had many leftover snack credits. Normally we stock up on candy and treats. There was no where to do this at CBR! We left WDW with many wasted credits! :(

Oh thank you but I can't take credit it is from Theme Park Brothers on youtube. I don't know if he is planning on doing occasional updates or not. You could post a comment on his video on youtube or his channel. I was just watching youtube prepping for my trip and I came across it. He posted it today.

Thanks for the clarification. We were so happy to see the video we didn't pay close enough attention that you only posted it and didn't film it. I'll go to YouTube and thank Theme Park Brothers. That video took somebody a very long time to shoot!

IMG_2696.JPG
One more thing....We were on the DP and had many leftover snack credits. Normally we stock up on candy and treats. There was no where to do this at CBR! We left WDW with many wasted credits! :(

The candy and packaged treats are in the island markets in each village

My 2 cents...We were staying at CR for a week. Decided to add one more day while there. CR was full, so choose CBR for one night as we have stayed at CBR before and loved it. Knew of the construction going in, but thought how bad could it be just for a sleep/shower.

After a day at MK, we checked in. We had requested a pull down bed.This was our only request as we have 3 kids (though 1 is 2.5). Did not get it. Got a room in Martinique. A handicapped room, although we did not need or request this. Was disappointed because the front desk had said we would get a pull down when we inquired about the room the night before. We had to go over to CBR the night before to inquire about a room as reservation center was down.

Everyone settled in to rest for an hour and then our plan was to walk around, enjoy the beach and get food. After an hour we were still tired so we checked the room service menu. Nothing looked good and it was $$$. Honestly we just wanted pizza delivered like we've gotten from POP before! Looked at the map they had given us with food centers marked. Thought we'd just grab a sandwich from one of the hotel rooms they've converted to grab in go rooms. Walked to the closest one and were soooo disappointed. A couple of hard boiled eggs, and pop tarts and nutri grain bars. No sandwiches. No salads. No wraps. This was probably 7 pm, so maybe they had sold out??? I don't know, but it was such a let down. Decided to walk to the buffet at center town.

This was a long walk after a park day, with 3 tired kids. We were hungry. I was getting annoyed. I was SO glad we were only staying one night. Even with the $75 GC it would not have been worth the hassle. It ruined the "magical" Disney feel. My ex marine DH said the center town white tent area,felt like he was back in the fields. When we arrived we decided the buffet was not for us. So we just grabbed 3 cheeseburgers and a tukey sandwich. Nothing came with fries, just these disgusting (weirdly spicy?) chips. I love spicy food, but these were just gross. The cheeseburgers were not great, but edible. The turkey sandwich was gross. Hubby traded his burger with me and ate it. It has a nasty sauce on it. A few hours later DH woke up throwing up. DO NOT GET THE TURKEY SANDWICH!

The drink stations were OK, but squishy. Only a few people can fit inside at once. By the time we were done, we had 2 people waiting outside to go in.

Our room was right by the quiet pool, so I stayed up doing laundry before we heard home. Very convenient.

Overall, CBR is a disaster of an area right now. We will not consider staying there again until the construction is done. It is not worth the hassle and congestion (center town was packed). It didn't feel very Disney.

We had our own car,so didn't have to deal with the buses. Not sure how they are.
Interesting to hear such a polar opposite view of the tent food choices. Everyone else I've read has raved about it

Yeah, I read some positive reviews as well. Was honestly surprised by them. Figured I'd add my POV.
Yeah. Well, it gives me pause. Especially the part about the grab and go not having any sandwiches or salads available at 7:00 p.m. Many people come back to the resort, from the parks, around that time with the plan of having a lite dinner. Hmmm... That said, these grab and go rooms are soooo spread out throughout the resort that it's probably difficult to keep them all stocked at all times because there's no central "kitchen" to gather from.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read some positive reviews as well. Was honestly surprised by them. Figured I'd add my POV.
All POV are welcome without a doubt. I'll be there in just over a week and we'll see where ours fits in. Though we rarely eat at the resort there are times here or there where we grab something so I'm sure with over a week there we'll try it at least once.

Thank you for your honest review...after reading this I think we will either plan to eat in the parks or stop in at POP on our way back to the resort mid day and eat at their food court. IM sorry this ruined it for you , thank goodness it was only for one night! My hubby still rants about those nasty chips..lol

Yeah. Well, it gives me pause. Especially the part about the grab and go not having any sandwiches or salads available at 7:00 p.m. Many people come back to the resort, from the parks, around that time with the plan of having a lite dinner. Hmmm... That said, these grab and go rooms are soooo spread out throughout the resort that it's probably difficult to keep them all stocked at all times because there's no central "kitchen" to gather from.
But seriously..if its a case of them not stocking them they need to get their act together and fast..summer is here and its just going to get busier and busier..

Thank you to everyone keeping us updated about everything going on during the construction at CBR.

Has anyone had experience with the buffet or food truck that has food allergies?

Gitts2008 reported that she spoke to several CMs on the phone about food allergies and she feels confident that allergy concerns will be addressed and there will be options for those that have food allergies. I wish I could feel confident about this. Hoping to hear reports from someone that has been there since the food truck and buffet have been in operation that has a food allergy.

Based on what I've read so far, I'm a little worried about staying at CBR. We had originally booked a split stay AS Sports/CBR, with CBR to be the "nicer" part of our vacation. I just modified so that we now start at CBR and then move over to AKL standard view. Figured the increased price is probably worth it, if relaxation, fun pool, and comfy beds are high on the list for the latter half. Plus $262 per night for AKL seems like a sweet deal. My kids have no idea, so this will be a nice surprise for them too.

I'm a wee bit worried too. We are staying in November but figured disney is always renovating and seems to be easily managed. Now I'm wondering. We are getting free dinning so I doubt we could find a room elsewhere for the same price. We just missed the booking for the gift cards and like someone else said I wish they were giving them to anyone staying during construction. Maybe if they get more negative feed back they will change that or change what they are doing. I have hope they can get it together by November (the summer ought to whip them into shape).

I definitely appreciate all the honest reviews and the video. I think it's important for people to have all the information so that they can make an informed decision. We all have different priorities. For me, personally, this construction is a deal breaker. It might not be for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter