Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

They have "attached" a small "Bar top" to the rail by the little beach across the sidewalk from new Bar.

They are going to have bar stools at this "Bar top" where Guests can take their drinks in addition to the tables on the beach.

This new area will have a really nice view looking out on the lake.

They look sad and isolated,but I'm in Jamaica so it may not feel that way to Guests staying there.

However,the "advantage" of being close to the Pool is somewhat gone because the route to the Pool now has Guests having to go around the front of OPR and to the far end of the Pool by the Spa(hot tub) to access the Pool.

Martinique is definitely feeling the most effects.
Thanks for your thoughts. That is sort of how I thought it may feel. I think we'll just have to leave it to chance. What I really want most is a pull down bed. DGD is getting to the point where she's too big to share a bed with, since she sleeps like a star fish. And DH and I don't do well in a queen bed ourselves. So I hope (and have requested) a room with a pull down. I'll make do with wherever we end up if we can have that.

Thanks for your thoughts. That is sort of how I thought it may feel. I think we'll just have to leave it to chance. What I really want most is a pull down bed. DGD is getting to the point where she's too big to share a bed with, since she sleeps like a star fish. And DH and I don't do well in a queen bed ourselves. So I hope (and have requested) a room with a pull down. I'll make do with wherever we end up if we can have that.

How did you request a pull down bed? My DD is the same "starfish" sleeper, and we booked CBR specifically for the pulldown. How do I put in a request for that as there is no place to request it in MDE? Thank you AngiTN!

How did you request a pull down bed? My DD is the same "starfish" sleeper, and we booked CBR specifically for the pulldown. How do I put in a request for that as there is no place to request it in MDE? Thank you AngiTN!

You can call and have the request noted on your reservation. If you do online check in don't choose any of the options there or it will cancel out your phone request. Pull down beds go to families of five first and with all the rooms that were removed I'm not sure what the likelihood will be of getting your request, but it's worth a shot.

What a nice surprise! I wonder if everyone is getting those bags? Also Is it a cooler?
My friend whos there now said she got one but her mom in the next room didnt...she mentioned it to the housekeeping lady next morning and next day there was one on her moms bed waiting for her when she got back from the parks...they are a cooler yes..pretty neat!

Wow those bags are awesome. I use a freezer bag from grocery shopping and that would come in handy. I hope they are still doing that in December, but if not that's ok too.

Oh and there is a coke freestyle machine in the ice/vending area next to the shop for your mug

Can anyone confirm if iced tea is an option for mug refills?

I see the sign for selling mugs says tea, but from photos posted so far I cannot see anywhere they are dispensing iced tea. I see the coffee dispensers... anything near those with iced tea? I do see the hot tea options.

Also, I don't recall ever seeing iced tea as an option on a freestyle machine I've used.

Thanks for any help.

At CBR now. Noise level at main pool while what sounds like jack hammering is very loud and only 50 feet from pool area. Not overly pleasant, but still a decent number of guests in the pool. We prefer the quiet pool in Jamaica. Raining here now, heading over to the soon. I will be checking here periodically, feel free to ask me any questions.

If I understand it all correctly they are only questioning those who got an extra discount AND a gift card. Those who got just the gift card haven't had any difficulties. Not saying it's right by any means, just that there was a loss in communication when they sent out the blanket gift card email. They sent it to everyone rather than figuring out to send it to those who hadn't already received an alternate offer.
I received the $75/ discount off my room only balance as well as the$75/ night gift card. I didn't even have to ask about the gift cards as they were in an envelope waiting for me at check in.

Sending a giant THANK YOU to 12jdc. We appreciate all your efforts in providing us with the flavor of the CBR right now.

To us, it seems that people staying in Martinique should be receiving MORE than a $75 per day gift card (even if they booked after 3/15). THEY are certainly the most affected by the construction....without a doubt. We can't believe ANY of those rooms are being booked! Of course, the bottom line for Disney is $$$ so, for them, it makes sense.

The Centertown area isn't ideal and it seems a bit chaotic but it's only in the first few weeks of operation. Our hope is the kinks will be worked out and, within a month or so, changes will be made to have things flow better than they looked in your video. It seems navigating by foot near and around Centertown isn't easy. Looked like you were having a hard time figuring out how to arrive at the food court. We saw the signs but were they enough? Also, noise at the main pool was very apparent. Not good for guests who spend time there during the daytime hours.

All the islands, other than Martinique, look pretty "normal" but we did hear some construction noise which is to be expected.

Again, many thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share this video with all of us!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter