Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know what the lines are like at the freestyle beverage stations?

What are your thoughts on staying in what is left of Martinique? I'm torn.
I'm picturing in my mind it being sort of isolated, with green walls on at least 2 sides, parking lot on the other, lake/path way on the other.
That can be great for quiet or it can be rather discomforting at the same time. Sort of hard to say how it will feel.
How does it seem when you look at those buildings? Do they seem sad and abandoned or are they still connected to the rest of the resort enough that it won't make much difference?
Preferred was all they had when I booked so I'm trying to decide where I'd prefer to request

I'm wondering the same thing. Preferred was the only thing available when we booked in October. My parents booked in January for and have a non-preferred King room. I had called in a while back to request rooms close together (was even willing to give up my "preferred" location to be near them). So it seems that we will be relegated to Martinique since all of Trinidad North is preferred. However, it really shouldn't matter. We will be in WDW so it's all good! :)

I'm wondering the same thing. Preferred was the only thing available when we booked in October. My parents booked in January for and have a non-preferred King room. I had called in a while back to request rooms close together (was even willing to give up my "preferred" location to be near them). So it seems that we will be relegated to Martinique since all of Trinidad North is preferred. However, it really shouldn't matter. We will be in WDW so it's all good! :)
Actually, all of Martinique is preferred now. The non-preferred buildings are the ones that are closed.

Actually, all of Martinique is preferred now

Hmmm..... Well that will make it really hard for our rooms to be close together then! I'm thinking I may need to call again the week before we arrive to see what the situation will be. The most important is for our rooms to be close together. It would also be nice to be close-ish to Centertown as DM is in an ankle/foot brace since she fell on our Spring Break trip to D.C. and broke 2 bones in her foot. :(

Have they changed the fridges at CBR? I saw a photo recently and it looked like they were different and held a lot less. Trying to plan my shopping trip & what we will have space for in the fridge.

Have they changed the fridges at CBR? I saw a photo recently and it looked like they were different and held a lot less. Trying to plan my shopping trip & what we will have space for in the fridge.
Disney changed the fridges property wide a couple years ago. Not counting DVC of course, which are totally different animals.
They took out the ones with freezer space

@AngiTN is correct that they did change out all the fridges. However, they do not hold any less than they have before. In fact, without the little freezer section they can hold more.

Thanks for the fridge info!
As long as it can hold 2 hugs of milk (the smaller sized jugs), 8 yogurt and a few lunchables I should be ok

Does anyone know what the lines are like at the freestyle beverage stations?
Non-existent.:)

Every time I have gone,no one else is there-I think a lot of Guests don't even realize they are there.

They are "tucked" away in the little "rooms" where the Ice Machines are so not very "visible".

does anyone know what color buildings Trinidad South are? ( pirate rooms), asking for my son as apparently it matters !! ( insert eye roll)

IMG_2625.JPG

@AngiTN is correct that they did change out all the fridges. However, they do not hold any less than they have before. In fact, without the little freezer section they can hold more.

I checked in today and I got a dud. This thing is tiny

It is already applied. I got an emailed invoice a few hours after talking with the guest services CM. It shows the reduced rate & the new amount due. It doesn't indicate there is any kind of discount, just lists our package exactly as it did before, with just a different rate.

I haven't linked it to MDE yet because I have a current stay at YC with an annual pass rate. I didn't want anything to mess with that. Also I will have to make an account for my DH as 1 of the packages is in his name. I'll do that & link everything up next week when we get home. But I expect it will show up with the reduced like the emailed invoice shows.
Have you spoken with anyone at Disney to confirm you are also getting the gift cards for $75/night?

What are your thoughts on staying in what is left of Martinique? I'm torn.
I'm picturing in my mind it being sort of isolated, with green walls on at least 2 sides, parking lot on the other, lake/path way on the other.
That can be great for quiet or it can be rather discomforting at the same time. Sort of hard to say how it will feel.
How does it seem when you look at those buildings? Do they seem sad and abandoned or are they still connected to the rest of the resort enough that it won't make much difference?
Preferred was all they had when I booked so I'm trying to decide where I'd prefer to request
They look sad and isolated,but I'm in Jamaica so it may not feel that way to Guests staying there.

However,the "advantage" of being close to the Pool is somewhat gone because the route to the Pool now has Guests having to go around the front of OPR and to the far end of the Pool by the Spa(hot tub) to access the Pool.

Martinique is definitely feeling the most effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter