Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Update - They are having a soft opening today only for Disney execs for the dinner buffet. Approx prices will be 13.99 for breakfast and $19.99 for dinner. Firm details will be available tonight after the execs leave. A drink most likely Coke freestyle beverage will come with buffet and no to go option for the buffet. Food will be Carribean inspired. 3 Food trucks will serve breakfast from 7 am -11:30 and lunch/ dinner from 11:30- 9pm. Concierge will be in room 3109. Thanks to Debbie A for keeping my CBR FB group updated. I know many here are anxious so I wanted to share.

As long as they have Mickey waffles I am good

Food Truck Hours:Breakfast 7:00AM-11:30AM
Lunch/Dinner 11:30AM-9:00PM

Pool Bar Hours:11:00AM-10:00PM

The Freestyle Machines are out now-they are at each Ice Machine "location".

CMs who have dined at the Buffet are very impressed.:)
Its amazing how we can get excited over the little things like freestyle machines in each location

Just letting everyone know that I checked in yesterday and received both the room discount as well as the gift card offer no problem.
Was your room discount on top of a general public or AP discount?

I'm sorry what is a freestyle machine?
Coke Freestyle machine, you program your own beverage vs. picking already mixed selections.
They are very common around here in both restaurants and movie theaters. We've had them for several years
freestyle-fountain-604mk101012-604-337-6cdf8543.jpg

coke_freestyle_menu_large-2.jpg

Coke Freestyle machine, you program your own beverage vs. picking already mixed selections.
They are very common around here in both restaurants and movie theaters. We've had them for several years

Thank you...so how do you pay for the drinks?

Thank you...so how do you pay for the drinks?
Just like you'd pay for any other drink. You either have a refillable mug or you buy a drink when you get your food and they give you a cup. They've always had self service drink stations. They just changed the machine you use to get the drink

I got my 75 per night back in February...... I also received the gift card when I arrived.

I just wanted to update; I emailed with emails that were suggested and attached the emails I had received from WDW guest services and from Caribbean Beach Resort regarding the gift cards. On Wednesday morning I received a call stating that my case had been investigated and though I was erroneously offered gift cards that Disney conceded that it was their error, and that they were going to provide me with the gift card as promised. Thank you to all who offered help and guidance, I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

I just wanted to update; I emailed with emails that were suggested and attached the emails I had received from WDW guest services and from Caribbean Beach Resort regarding the gift cards. On Wednesday morning I received a call stating that my case had been investigated and though I was erroneously offered gift cards that Disney conceded that it was their error, and that they were going to provide me with the gift card as promised. Thank you to all who offered help and guidance, I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Awesome!

Just like you'd pay for any other drink. You either have a refillable mug or you buy a drink when you get your food and they give you a cup. They've always had self service drink stations. They just changed the machine you use to get the drink

What about coffee in the mornings at the grab and go rooms? It looked to me in the few pictures that I've seen that there are those smaller electric coffee pots there... I have no wish to make my own room coffee - with the softened water from the tap..ugh.. (I'm used to getting a mug for the week tho I don't use it much except for coffee in the am and maybe Iced tea in the evening at the food courts.)
Anyone there now who can answer about the coffee, please help... (BTW: how good does it taste??)

What about coffee in the mornings at the grab and go rooms? It looked to me in the few pictures that I've seen that there are those smaller electric coffee pots there... I have no wish to make my own room coffee - with the softened water from the tap..ugh.. (I'm used to getting a mug for the week tho I don't use it much except for coffee in the am and maybe Iced tea in the evening at the food courts.)
Anyone there now who can answer about the coffee, please help... (BTW: how good does it taste??)
I never use that myself. I buy bottled and make coffee in the room. That way I can have coffee while I get ready. Otherwise I have to wait till I'll ready to get it and that would just suck

I would like to know as well for my husband. He's a huge coffee drinker and will need lots of regular coffee!

I think it will have some positive things too. Like having mini food areas in each village
The Island Markets are nice for the convenience in not having to walk to Centertown,BUT the items offered are SO limited.

The items on the "Merchandise Truck" are even more limited-batteries,disposable cameras,sunscreen,a few children's shirts and toys and that's about it.

Hopefully CBR has plans to "up their game" in these 2 areas now that OPR has "Shuttered"(Pun definitely intended!lol:)) its doors.

Ksweets, I'm so glad to hear that! I've been checking back on this thread hoping for a resolution - the situation was really stuck in my craw! Glad Disney made it right for you.

I thought the Buffet was good-I guess my favorite was the Vegetable Frittatas.

You pay for the Buffet outside and get a wristband and then go right inside the tent and if you are getting a Mug Refill you walk on into the tent and go left.

There is no "mugwash" "station" so you'll need to wash out that Mug before heading to Centertown.:)

The Staff at the Buffet was AWESOME-as soon as you finish a plate a CM was there to remove it,as soon as a Guest left a CM was there to clean the table,the CMs would even offer to go refill your Mug for you.:)

CBR did the best they could in trying to "decorate" the tent,but if it walks like a tent and talks like a tent....lol:)

During Lunch,the tent will remain open and Guests can take their Food Truck(it is the "DHS-Themed one)food in there to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!