Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Is Trinidad South getting something for grab & go/food? I thought I read something about it a while back, thats why there is work being done by the pool there i think right? I know there is Island markets in or going in Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique, but curious if still something going in Trinidad south.
The only thing I've been able to find out is yes they will build a permanent food location there but it hasn't started yet. "Summer". Near building 35 I think.

The only thing I've been able to find out is yes they will build a permanent food location there but it hasn't started yet. "Summer". Near building 35 I think.
I was thinking the same thing...sucks that there is no close grab and go station for us people in the pirate rooms either..but I am glad we will be furthest from the construction.

Someone asked about what makes it special

We have stayed numerous times and never ever thought we would try another resort. We have defected due to the construction as it just wasn't for us.

It is a truly beautiful resort. I have never been to the Caribbean but I imagine it is like this. It is pretty beyond belief. I think Jamaica is the prettiest. Every corner brings new photo opportunities. It's beautiful. Yes it is large but the walk to breakfast across Cataway Cay is beautiful. The quiet village pools are idyllic ... We don't have kids so don't go to the main pool and are often the only ones at a quest pool in the morning ... And that's in July. I love arriving at the custom house and being welcomed to the islands. I love the Caribbean music everywhere. It's a great resort

I have seen pictures of Characters (Donald, Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie) at the resort several times on social media... My question to those of you there now is Have you seen them? When? Where? Is there a posting at CBR somewhere with a schedule? I think I would love this demo/construction perk!

I have seen pictures of Characters (Donald, Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie) at the resort several times on social media... My question to those of you there now is Have you seen them? When? Where? Is there a posting at CBR somewhere with a schedule? I think I would love this demo/construction perk!
So they are current pictures? I know they've sent them out in the past like when Matthew hit or during Holidays. Wouldn't surprise me if they sent them around with the Executive there today but may not be a daily thing. And highly unlikely to be on any schedule anywhere

So they are current pictures? I know they've sent them out in the past like when Matthew hit or during Holidays. Wouldn't surprise me if they sent them around with the Executive there today but may not be a daily thing. And highly unlikely to be on any schedule anywhere

I've seen pictures posted over the last few days on a couple of facebook groups I'm on. They are definitely getting the characters out there at Center Town, but who knows for how long.

I was thinking the same thing...sucks that there is no close grab and go station for us people in the pirate rooms either..but I am glad we will be furthest from the construction.
I tried to look back at past posts but can't find which buildings will have Coke machines and food rooms. Does anyone know that info?

Looks like they'll still have movies. Couldn't find the full calendar, but I did find this:
Movie starts at 9:00pm on the lawn on Caribbean Cay Island, next to the playground.

• Sundays (8:30PM)– Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Mondays –The Good Dinosaur
  • Tuesdays – The Princess Diaries
  • Wednesdays – Sleeping Beauty
  • Thursdays – Pinocchio
  • Fridays – Zootopia
  • Saturdays – Moana

Characters will be at CBR today from 1PM-3PM.

There will be a Live Band playing Caribbean music from 6:30 PM-9:30 PM nightly.

The Activities Program will continue as usual at the Pool(Movies and Lawn Games will be on the Island.)

The Merchandise Shop is already closed.

Everyone is a little sad to see OPR(in its present form)going bye-bye today.:)

We were talking to a couple at Breakfast this AM and not only did they not know that there would be construction at CBR during their stay,but they ALSO didn't know they would be getting a Gift Card at Check-in!They were shocked!lol:)

Obviously not The DIS members!lol:)

I did get the gift card.
I called to add on to my existing reservation, not a new reservation.
The key is the nights have to be available. I watched and watched online, checking everyday for a room in the category I had booked to open up. As soon as I did I called and she was able to add on the nights to my reservation. Because it remains the same reservation, the gift card remains. If I'd have to add on an additional reservation I wouldn't be getting the gift card. If that makes sense

Yes, makes sense. Thank you!

Hello everyone! So excited to be joining the CBR group :jumping1: We are booked to arrive Setember 30 for 7 fabulous nights of free dining! We also booked before the cut off so we have the $75/ night gift card. I have a question for those in the know about these gift cards. Do you know if they can be used to upgrade tickets after check in? Say for example if we have 2 day park hoppers, can we mosey over to concierge and use them towards upping them to a 4 day park hopper?

Also, this is our first time at CBR, we usually cruise on by and park ourselves at POR or POFQ, but decided to change it up for this trip....what is your favourite thing about CBR? Any little tips or secrets about CBR that you find make it extra special? So excited to try something new, I don't want to miss out on anything!

Thanks for your input:thanks:
We really like the theming of CBR. The colors and foliage make you feel like you are in the tropics, it's peaceful and we loved looking for the geckos that roam around. We have stayed in Martinique, but our favorite is Aruba. The main pool is awesome and we had a great time when we went with our nephews, they have a small water slide but we had a blast. The food court was nice, but since that won't be around we won't discuss it. We never had major bus issues, matter of fact last time we stayed we changed it up and went to PORS and DH kept mentioning that the busses took longer and he wanted to be at CBR again on the next trip. While I know construction is going to put a small damper on some stuff, I think it will have some positive things too. Like having mini food areas in each village and I cannot wait for the freestyle machines too. It will be nice to not have to go all the way to Centertown just to get a beverage after the parks. I am not sure about secrets but one tip is that you need to just enjoy yourselves, do a little exploring and walking around the resort, we discovered many places where it was secluded and made for a nice break spot. It's really a beautiful place, sans construction, LOL. Oh and if the marina is still there, rent a mouse boat and explore from the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter