Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I lucked out in to some folks cancelling rooms! DGD and I are arriving late on the 24th, instead of with DH on the 26th. I had us in an AS for 1 night, then AKL (bunk bed for DGD) and then we'd move to CBR for the rest of the trip. I have checked every day to add on days to the front of our trip, so we could keep our original reservation and the gift card. Finally today, 2 more nights opened up so we can now stay in 1 place AND get 2 more nights gift card. By the time I figure in the gift card the night at CBR is the same as the night at ASMo and we get a MUCH nicer room/resort.

CBR is definitely very spread out. Our first stay was almost 10 years ago and we were placed in Trinidad South (before it was all Pirate rooms) which is the furthest village from Old Port Royal. There were very pleasant walkways around the lake and beaches, however, even at a brisk pace it was still about a 10 - 15 minute walk. HOWEVER! That was only to the food court, gift shop, and main pool.

Each village has its own bus stop that is very convenient to all rooms and a small quiet pool (no themeing). The preferred village/buildings are all of Trinidad North and part of Martinique. At this time, these rooms will still be close to the pool but they will also be close to all the construction starting this month. Jamaica and Aruba are semi-close to the main area being just across the lake and connected to the main area by a bridge (especially buildings 45/46 in Jamaica and 51/52/53 in Aruba). The bridge passes across Caribbean Cay, a quaint little island -- very tropical -- where you will find a playground and quiet places to sit and relax.

While the resort is very spread out, walking is very pleasant. The grounds are beautiful and even the longest walks (10-15 mins) don't feel that long. If you have mobility issues or just don't like to walk, you may want to check if there are any preferred rooms available, if you want to be close to everything. Otherwise, you can just use the bus stop and quiet pool nearest your room. Also, with the construction going on, there will be grab and go markets located in 3 of the villages as well as drink stations for the refillable resort mugs throughout the resort. The list of these exact locations has been updated on the first page/post in this thread as I can't remember them all right now.

I do hope you enjoy this resort as much as my family and I do. Every resort is different and has its own personality and you just have to keep trying until you find the one that best fits you! :)
This may have been answered somewhere in the 300+ pages of this thread, but did Trinidad South became pirate themed because they hard a hard time filling those rooms, being so far out and all? It's like they were giving folks an incentive to stay in that section. :earseek: I can't imagine Disney having trouble filling rooms, but I was wondering if when people made reservations they at CBR, many would ask not to be housed in Trinidad South if possible lol.

I was looking for a visual of the buildings that are closed/closing.
Does this seem right? Red X's indicate closed buildings
I included the bridge to Custom House
CBR_1.jpg

Last edited:

OK Im stressing out now about the construction...kids are adamant they dont care and want their pirate rooms..UGH..have I sold my soul to CBR for a gift card?? I guess if the kids are happy and as AngiTN said...hopefully less people.

I was looking for a visual of the buildings that are closed/closing.
Does this seem right? Blue X's indicate closed buildings
I included the bridge to Custom House
CBR.jpg
Well I guess we are up in the Pirate rooms away from it all...

OK Im stressing out now about the construction...kids are adamant they dont care and want their pirate rooms..UGH..have I sold my soul to CBR for a gift card?? I guess if the kids are happy and as AngiTN said...hopefully less people.
Unless the break their word and hammer at 2 AM I don't really care. And heck, we sleep with ear plugs and are dead to the world from exhaustion at Disney so it likely wouldn't matter if they did hammer at 2 AM
Seriously though, I do not see why folks are so bothered by it. It's just barriers you see walking from the room to the bus and back again. Far from ruining a day at Disney for us.
Then again, I've lived with a tree across my street for a week! And in a similar way I found the bright side there too since no one can use our street as a through street now, we have a private road since no one can go up the street past our house, the rest of the street has to go out the other end.

Why are they closing off Barbados and part of Martinique? Is it to do with the OPR refurb? Barbados is pretty far from OPR isn't it? I'm just wondering why so much is shut down when CBR was refurbed in 2014 if I remember correctly. Someone said upthread how out of touch they were on all this, lol so am I! We are going in August and staying in a pirate room. We haven't stayed at the CBR since the 90s. :flower1:

Why are they closing off Barbados and part of Martinique? Is it to do with the OPR refurb? Barbados is pretty far from OPR isn't it? I'm just wondering why so much is shut down when CBR was refurbed in 2014 if I remember correctly. Someone said upthread how out of touch they were on all this, lol so am I! We are going in August and staying in a pirate room. We haven't stayed at the CBR since the 90s. :flower1:
It's in the first post

I along with several others have been told by Disney cast members that the village of Barbados and possibly some of Martinique will be turned into DVC. They wouldn't go so far as to tell us if the buildings will be torn down and rebuilt but that's what the rumor is.

Is there only one way in and out of the resort? In other words, will we have to drive through the construction to get around in our car or are there multiple exits?

Is there only one way in and out of the resort? In other words, will we have to drive through the construction to get around in our car or are there multiple exits?
One in/out for public vehicles. Disney uses guards/gates for all their resorts.
The difference is you can go left or right once past the guard shack. If you go right you turn before the construction so you'd miss it. This takes you past Aruba on the map above

The map for CBR on MDE is updated. Barbados, part of Martinique, and OPR are gone.
I had to pull that up and study it to figure out that they just turned it all green! Sort of strange seeing Custom House floating out there like that.

ETA - if that map is accurate, they've closed the road that takes you in past Aruba too. I know that's the way we took going to our room last time we stayed there so there used to be a road. Can't tell now what they have

Unless the break their word and hammer at 2 AM I don't really care. And heck, we sleep with ear plugs and are dead to the world from exhaustion at Disney so it likely wouldn't matter if they did hammer at 2 AM
Seriously though, I do not see why folks are so bothered by it. It's just barriers you see walking from the room to the bus and back again. Far from ruining a day at Disney for us.
Then again, I've lived with a tree across my street for a week! And in a similar way I found the bright side there too since no one can use our street as a through street now, we have a private road since no one can go up the street past our house, the rest of the street has to go out the other end.
Same here...we only come back mid day for a swim and at night we too pass out from exhaustion, a brass band could not wake us..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!