Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I was able to modify our 3 rooms yesterday to get free dining for 11/25 to 11/30.

At first there were only Pirate Rooms for our dates then around 3pm standard rooms showed up!

I called in to do the one room that won't let me modify online and after 2 hours of holding and getting cut off and availability coming and going they got it switched!
They said we would be get the gift cards as well!

Before I call Disney figured I would ask here first since this forum is usually very helpful. The family (wife + 3 girls) are staying at CBR in June and the wife decided to do a preferred room. The MIL is coming with us (also a preferred room reservation) as well so we have two reservations, both on my account. Last time we went we stayed at POR-Riverside and had connecting rooms and this was a HUGE help with kids baths, being able to unwind while watching tv when kids sleep/nap etc. Looking at Touring Plans there appears to be no preferred connecting rooms that also have the murphy bed. I am tempted to call Disney and move one of the kids to the MIL room and just request connecting rooms but prior to doing that does anyone know if that is a fact? Are there any Preferred rooms at CBR that have the murphy bed and a connecting?

Before I call Disney figured I would ask here first since this forum is usually very helpful. The family (wife + 3 girls) are staying at CBR in June and the wife decided to do a preferred room. The MIL is coming with us (also a preferred room reservation) as well so we have two reservations, both on my account. Last time we went we stayed at POR-Riverside and had connecting rooms and this was a HUGE help with kids baths, being able to unwind while watching tv when kids sleep/nap etc. Looking at Touring Plans there appears to be no preferred connecting rooms that also have the murphy bed. I am tempted to call Disney and move one of the kids to the MIL room and just request connecting rooms but prior to doing that does anyone know if that is a fact? Are there any Preferred rooms at CBR that have the murphy bed and a connecting?

They do have the preferred connecting rooms from what I was told. I was in the same situation and wanted to choose a room, but it seems touring plans doesn't have the connecting rooms noted on their room finder like they do for POR for some reason. Someone else might know more.

woo hoo, after being on hold for two hours, cut off once, ): I was able to modify our existing room only reservation, save $50 night per room, and was told I can still keep our gift cards YAY, with the $75 gift cards, the $50 per night room discount, and the big savings on park passes for Canadians, it comes out to a great savings, soo happy!!!

This works our better than free dining as I was surprised to read that moderate resorts are only offering Quick Service plan with the free dining!!

I need advice! lol I booked POP with FD, but I just keep going back to looking at CB pics and video reviews. There are CB rooms available with FD for my dates, but I'm just worried about the construction still though. For anyone who has stayed at a resort during major construction, was it a headache or did it put a damper on your trip at all?

Would I be able to use my 10 day park hoppers instead of the tickets booked with the package, and then re-assign the packaged 2 day tickets to others?

Just a thought here.. can you stay a couple more days (before and/or after) and use the 2 day park hoppers? you can get a room only at a value resort and use all 12 days at Disney! :rainbow:

Just a thought here.. can you stay a couple more days (before and/or after) and use the 2 day park hoppers? you can get a room only at a value resort and use all 12 days at Disney! :rainbow:

Yes, there are at least 6 in each building that has Preferred rooms. That tool on Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and room amenities.

This is the first day I've been at the resort midday and while the construction may not officially start until May 1st, there are definitely construction activities going on now. I'm sitting on the beach at Jamaica and hearing lots of hammering, sawing, back up alarms and clanking metal. I would not want to be in the Trinidad North rooms, which are closest to all the noise.

Thanks, Mel2014 - we're staying in August. I'm eager to start seeing the construction photos as they come in so I know what to expect.

Haven't verified this myself yet, and maybe it was already mentioned here, but someone on another site commented that they called Guest Services and were told that the breakfast/dinner buffet that is temporarily being set up at CBR will qualify as a QS credit on the dining plan. The commenter stated that that the buffet will be open to CBR guests only.

Yes, there are at least 6 in each building that has Preferred rooms. That tool on Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and room amenities.
I think PP wanted connecting and a Murphy bed. Any with both? This could help us one day too

Last edited:
I need advice! lol I booked POP with FD, but I just keep going back to looking at CB pics and video reviews. There are CB rooms available with FD for my dates, but I'm just worried about the construction still though. For anyone who has stayed at a resort during major construction, was it a headache or did it put a damper on your trip at all?
We have stayed at WL during construction several times. Didn't impact us at all. Matter of fact I thought it was better. Less rooms means fewer guests

Haven't verified this myself yet, and maybe it was already mentioned here, but someone on another site commented that they called Guest Services and were told that the breakfast/dinner buffet that is temporarily being set up at CBR will qualify as a QS credit on the dining plan. The commenter stated that that the buffet will be open to CBR guests only.

All of this is correct.

Yup. There's at least 6 sets of connecting rooms with one having a Murphy Bed.

Thank you I really appreciate this. Here is hoping for the best. I will not attempt to change my reservation. You dont by chance know the room numbers do you?

Thank you I really appreciate this. Here is hoping for the best. I will not attempt to change my reservation. You dont by chance know the room numbers do you?

You're welcome. I don't know room numbers but even if I did I would not suggest requesting specific rooms. Just request connecting rooms and 1 with a Murphy Bed. That will give you the best chance.

You're welcome. I don't know room numbers but even if I did I would not suggest requesting specific rooms. Just request connecting rooms and 1 with a Murphy Bed. That will give you the best chance.

Thanks again you have put mine (and the wifes) mind at ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter