Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Okay good, but still would like to have a case or two in the room. I'm hoping CBR will find a way to sell a few most wanted items at the resort while the store is out of service.

We are here now, and I did not see any cases of water in the gift shop, and I did look for them. We picked up a case of water at Target, but we are running low. When we restock, I will ask if they have cases if none are out, and I'll update.

We are here now, and I did not see any cases of water in the gift shop, and I did look for them. We picked up a case of water at Target, but we are running low. When we restock, I will ask if they have cases if none are out, and I'll update.

Sometimes you have to ask if they are not out. They will probably have them in the back.

I'm really starting to worry about all the construction that will be going on while we're there (26Aug-02Sep). It's our first family trip to WDW, and the kids really loved the beaches and hammocks when we were looking at the resort pictures and videos, so we booked. We're getting the gift cards, so that's great, but I'm really worried about how noisy it's going to be. Has Disney offered gift cards for renos before, or is this kinda unheard of?

image.jpeg I don't think I've seen this posted yet, but if it's a dupe, forgive me. I got some Mickey mail this weekend for my November trip - the welcome booklet with important dates. It included this information about dining options at CBR. I thought people might like to see this.

I'm really starting to worry about all the construction that will be going on while we're there (26Aug-02Sep). It's our first family trip to WDW, and the kids really loved the beaches and hammocks when we were looking at the resort pictures and videos, so we booked. We're getting the gift cards, so that's great, but I'm really worried about how noisy it's going to be. Has Disney offered gift cards for renos before, or is this kinda unheard of?

After a huge backlash a couple years ago when they hastily started a major pool refurb at WL with no notice, they offered guests $100 off per night that had stays after the construction started. But it was not given right away and only after they had a huge mess on their hands with guests checking in and having zero notice that the main feature pool was completely out of commission. The fact that they offered the gift cards for CBR up front is a major change from how they have operated in the past.

Additionally, there's a rumor circulating on the Disboards that a gondola station will be constructed at the resort. What is being said by fellow Disboard members and others on the internet is that the skyway/gondola system will be a selling point for those looking to buy into DVC. The skyway system plans appears to show the new gondola transportation system linking Disney's Hollywood Studios, Art of Animation Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort and Epcot. If you'd like to read more information about this, you can find it here.
Not just one station, but two stations. One for the new DVC section and one for the main resort. This also isn't a rumor. While not announced by Disney, permits and paper work show something for sure is being built in these locations.

Do you plan to be in the room, or around the Resort, in the day? Disney does all possible to hide/disguise construction. They don't work really early or really late. Vast majority of guests are in the parks when the workers are on site.
We've been in resorts during construction, most recent was during the construction (that is wrapping up now) at WL. We heard and saw the workers but it wasn't of any impact on our trip. That's why I didn't hesitate to try CBR again

Are there any rumors when construction for refurbishment of the dining locations and pool bar will be complete? I don't think this will take 2 years to complete will it?

I have booked a UK deal and do not arrive until 24th November 2018. I was fully aware of all the construction that is happening but the room rate was good compared to other moderates so went for it.

Do you plan to be in the room, or around the Resort, in the day? Disney does all possible to hide/disguise construction. They don't work really early or really late. Vast majority of guests are in the parks when the workers are on site.
We've been in resorts during construction, most recent was during the construction (that is wrapping up now) at WL. We heard and saw the workers but it wasn't of any impact on our trip. That's why I didn't hesitate to try CBR again
We will be doing a resort day, and some afternoons there as well. I'm expecting to hear some noise, and that's fine - I just hope it's not jack-hammering :headache:

I just hope it's not jack-hammering :headache:

Well, they are demolishing some buildings (or so it's assumed at this point, I believe)- I wouldn't rule out the possibility. I suppose it depends entirely at which point in the project you visit.

Waiting for my flight to board! Got my room ready text. Just a little bummed that it's on the second floor as I think there are no elevators and I'm running 22 miles this weekend!

Some pre-constructions happenings started today. We are in Martinique 25 and they are putting up wooden wall-like partitions around some of the shrubbery. They have blocked off a couple of walking paths with fences. There is jack hammering as they work on walkways.

I was not happy because we were assured that we were checking out before construction was to begin. They have credited us about $300 for the inconvenience. We check out Saturday morning.

Also, many, many teams arrived today.

Some pre-constructions happenings started today. We are in Martinique 25 and they are putting up wooden wall-like partitions around some of the shrubbery. They have blocked off a couple of walking paths with fences. There is jack hammering as they work on walkways.

I was not happy because we were assured that we were checking out before construction was to begin. They have credited us about $300 for the inconvenience. We check out Saturday morning.

Sorry you had that inconvenience, but happy that they reimbursed you. Even happier that construction has happened earlier then they said. I check in Tuesday and was nervous about not getting the promised gift cards. Thanks for the update!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...gondolas-cable-cars-plans-20170418-story.html

Article about documents that go along with this project. I hope this doesn't bump this resort into a higher price range!

I'm kind of hoping it's a service they charge for and not going to up the resort prices, but we'll see. They said the gondolas only hold 10 people each so does that mean they have a bunch running at once? Trying to picture this in my head. Either way I can't see myself ever using them because I'm terrified of heights. I went on one of those sky rides last year at a local park and thought I could handle it, but I was up there way too long and had a full on panic attack. Would suck to pay more for my favorite resort for a new resort perk I'd never use.

I am glad that they gave you something, and this makes me more relaxed for our check in today regarding gift card. Just waiting on our plane!

Sorry you had that inconvenience, but happy that they reimbursed you. Even happier that construction has happened earlier then they said. I check in Tuesday and was nervous about not getting the promised gift cards. Thanks for the update!

Same here. We check in Friday and check out the following Thursday. I am not depending on those gift cards but our trip will be quite a bit better with them in hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!