Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So a little happy dance for me. Our August trip is now paid in full (at least to Disney :o). I know that room requests are not really something they assign right away, but can be noted. Is there somewhere online I can note it now? I am not looking for a lot, we have standard room and all I'd like is a 2nd floor, parking lot view to avoid smoke from the courtyards. Don't care which building.

So a little happy dance for me. Our August trip is now paid in full (at least to Disney :o). I know that room requests are not really something they assign right away, but can be noted. Is there somewhere online I can note it now? I am not looking for a lot, we have standard room and all I'd like is a 2nd floor, parking lot view to avoid smoke from the courtyards. Don't care which building.

You can call the main reservation line and add those requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

This is strange, we were at POP in November and they had a bus stop for Disney Springs & Water Parks. But based on the attachment below, it looks like it is changing everywhere.
We don't normally do the water parks but I agree, This would be so inconvenient to go to AK then have to get off that bus and get on the water parks bus.

I just got this info in an email:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...tion-from-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

Guests going to and from blizzard beach must transfer to zone six at animals kingdom. For TL before 1 pm take a combined disneybsprings and TL bus. After 1 pm, take the Disney springs bus then transfer to TL bus. I am standing in the bus stop now and those instructions are posted on a large sign.

June Outdoor Movie Schedule: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/CBR-Calendar.pdf

Interesting - it says the Friday movies will be shown at the playground. Didn't someone report that the playground was closed?

The movies are still being shown in the old port royale courtyard. The playground on the island is Closed.

An FYI if you encounter problems with your magic bands opening your door, go to the nearest ice machine room and use the phone there. It calls the main desk....the actual custom house...and a cast member will come to you, let you in your room, take your magic bands to the custom house, fix them and bring them back to you. The magic band team works until midnight.

Is the horror stories about all the bus stops throughout the resort adding time true? Going to be going mostly to magic kingdom so a 40 minute bus ride sounds terrible

Is the horror stories about all the bus stops throughout the resort adding time true? Going to be going mostly to magic kingdom so a 40 minute bus ride sounds terrible
I am here now and we have had no issues at all with the buses. No where close to 40 minutes! It took us two minutes to get to Hollywood studios and six to Epcot. It took us fifteen to magic kingdom and twelve to animal kingdom. The wait times for the buses have been short too

No, people like to exaggerate when it comes to that. They also like to exaggerate about how long it takes to walk to OPR and the Main Feature pool from their room. I've heard "horror stories" of 30 minute walks. My wife and I have walked the entire path around CBR in less than that.

Looking forward to our first stay at CBR in Sept. Have stayed at CSR last few years, and POFQ before that, will be fun to explore a "new" resort.

I have never had a 40 minute bus ride from CBR to anywhere on property. Yes, CBR has more bus stops than any other moderate, but impatience and exaggeration on times is epic at times. We have stayed at CBR over 10 times...I am as impatient as anyone and have never had any problems waiting...and excluding Christmas Day a few years ago, bus has always been great.

There's something I don't understand, people say the Jamaican quiet poll will be open this summer, but it's written of the first post of the resort that it's closed and set to reopen during the summer. This refurb is not listed anywhere. Who's right ?

There's something I don't understand, people say the Jamaican quiet poll will be open this summer, but it's written of the first post of the resort that it's closed and set to reopen during the summer. This refurb is not listed anywhere. Who's right ?

There are a few DISsers who are at CBR right now and have reported that the Jamaica pool is now open. WDW is notoriously slow in updating the website. It took them over 6 months to update the pictures and descriptions of the rooms after the recent refurb.

Won't be late night swimming much longer at the quiet pools. They are raising the walls and putting in gates.
Raising the walls??? So you can't see the beautiful view of the water from the pools anymore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter