Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yes... We have used the coat/hat pegs at POR to hang our stockings in our rooms before when we traveled at Christmas. I'm not sure I want to drag the stockings down if there is no place to hang them.

Thanks!!
If you go to page one and scroll down to the rooms pics, I think there is a shelf by the door with the pegs:thumbsup2

If you go to page one and scroll down to the rooms pics, I think there is a shelf by the door with the pegs:thumbsup2

Thanks, I missed that. Does anyone know if the rooms with the Murphy beds also have the shelf/peg hangers?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Thanks, I missed that. Does anyone know if the rooms with the Murphy beds also have the shelf/peg hangers?

Thanks!

Stephanie

We just stayed there and had a room with a murphy bed. I don't remember seeing the shelf/peg hangers. I could be wrong though....but I don't remember seeing it. The murphy bed room also did not have a suitcase stand bench. My parents had a room without the murphy bed and they had the bench.

What would be the best way to put in a specific building request? I believe at our last resort I faxed something ahead of time. Is that possible at CBR?

What would be the best way to put in a specific building request? I believe at our last resort I faxed something ahead of time. Is that possible at CBR?

Some have reported being able to fax in their requests but I always call the Disney Travel line and have them notate my requests. I spoke about making requests in one of the first few posts and that may be helpful to you.

I will actually be faxing mine through Touring Plans, I am not sure if it's a new thing they do or not but I am hoping it helps to get the room area I want.

I will actually be faxing mine through Touring Plans, I am not sure if it's a new thing they do or not but I am hoping it helps to get the room area I want.
I noticed that on my touring plan dashboard, do you just choose your room and they take it from there?

I noticed that on my touring plan dashboard, do you just choose your room and they take it from there?
Yup, you'll get an email a few days before final changes are due to Touring Plans, then they'll fax it 5 days out. We check in on Friday and we used Touring Plans to fax a request. I'll report here and let you guys know how it went :)

image.jpeg Let's try this from my phone. If it works this will be a pic I took of the bridge grade construction today. I didn't get a close shot because I'm sure the workers don't want guests photographing them while they work. Any way it looks good, final paint was going on and new metal handrails are in and the new grade angle looks better for those who are less mobile. It did look like the bridge deck hasn't been replaced yet. Since I was here last, there are loads of new hand rails along the walkways.

Glad the pic worked. I'll post others when I can.

So I got here yesterday after six and a half hours flying and a 90 minute layover in Houston but that's what you do when you live in western Canada. United held up their end of the bargain nicely with comfy on time flights and terrific cabin crews.

Checked in at six-ish and was given Barbados 16. Not too bad a walk to OPR, but a fair hike to the bus stop. I sure miss Jamaica with an open bridge.

DME was just ok, though. While I got on the bus right away we sat for another 25 minutes before leaving. Lots of highway construction meant the trip was longer than usual. The win was that of the five, yes five, resorts the bus was going to CBR was first. However, my bag was not nearly so lucky. After checking in just after six my bag finally arrived at 11:30. It doesn't matter how you count, that was not three hours.

I must say the general demeanour of the cast members that I've interacted with is far better than our last stay a year and a half ago. Maybe Disney realized they were slipping backwards? Last time there were some truly surly "characters" serving us in the food court. Everyone seems more like I remember from our early trips.

Probably enough for now. I'll post more when I can.

Going in late Febuary and trying to figure out my room request. We are booked for 5 people in a water view room( what I could get using the military room discount). I used the touring plans website and looked up the rooms with the Murphy beds and water views that are not preferred and only came up with 3 rooms #2255 #5537 and #5251. Does this seem right or am I missing something?

Thank you for the bridge update dis_guy! They aren't by chance ahead of schedule, are they? I would love to stay in Jamaica again, and desperately hoping the bridge is completed part-way through my stay.
Would anyone mind asking if the bridge is ahead of the Nov 26 finish date?
Thank you!

Official word on the bridge is November 26. CM's say that's what is on the board in their staff area and it hasn't changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!