Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just moved my high school senior's graduation trip from POR early June to CBR late July early August. Super excited about the skyliner!! We went with a standard room. any buildings we should request?

Just moved my high school senior's graduation trip from POR early June to CBR late July early August. Super excited about the skyliner!! We went with a standard room. any buildings we should request?
The Jamaica buildings are close to the Skyliner Station. BTW the Skyliner is amazing! Have a great trip.

Doug :goofy:

I am debating CBR and CSR. We have stayed at CSR and really like it, but CBR is cheaper. Anyone stayed at both and have a preference?

I am debating CBR and CSR. We have stayed at CSR and really like it, but CBR is cheaper. Anyone stayed at both and have a preference?
I haven’t tried CSR, but I think it’s exciting trying new resorts. We like CBR, and now has the Skyliner. I think it will be a game changer.

Considering CBR for my first trip back to WDW after the shutdown. I haven't stayed here since it was under crazy construction - how do you guys like it now? It's a good price for my dates, I know it has the skyliner, the pool has always looked cool to me, and they have new restaurants too right? Worth paying a little more than a Value?

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations.

That's what we requested. A lot of people are saying to go close to the skyliner, but I think it'd be better to be more central. We like to go get breakfast in the main building in the mornings before heading into the park, so a long walk to centertown and back each morning would defeat the purpose of our room being close to the skyliner. Also, for swimming, who wants a long walk in a wet swimsuit? Proximity to pools is nice.

Considering CBR for my first trip back to WDW after the shutdown. I haven't stayed here since it was under crazy construction - how do you guys like it now? It's a good price for my dates, I know it has the skyliner, the pool has always looked cool to me, and they have new restaurants too right? Worth paying a little more than a Value?
I think it’s always worth it to pay a little more for a moderate. Most of the time anyway! I sometimes stay at Pop if it suits my purpose on a winter solo trip when I’m not planning on sitting around a pool. But I just can’t get excited about staying there.

I think it’s always worth it to pay a little more for a moderate. Most of the time anyway! I sometimes stay at Pop if it suits my purpose on a winter solo trip when I’m not planning on sitting around a pool. But I just can’t get excited about staying there.
I totally agree - Pop is a better price for my dates, but especially with this being summer I feel much more excited about Caribbean Beach, even if it's a little more. I want to swim in that pool!

We really liked the updated rooms and the new restaurant, Sebastian's. We have a variety of tastes in my family and everyone enjoyed their meal. My youngest made me pinky promise to take him back someday. We last stayed a couple months before the skyliner opened, so I can't speak to that, but the grounds were very pretty and I'm sure the skyliner is a great addition.

Considering CBR for my first trip back to WDW after the shutdown. I haven't stayed here since it was under crazy construction - how do you guys like it now?
Disney Skyliner is EPIC and a HISTORICAL addition to WDW!

It is that AMAZING-so awesome and FUN to be able to just FLY over to DHS or Epcot(as well as POP/AoA) so easily!

Having said that,the Resort has a MUCH different "feel" now because of Skyliner and Disney Riviera Resort,it no longer has that wonderful "laid-back,secluded,Island feel".

BUT my guess is that most Guests think the "tradeoff" is worth it. :)

First time staying at CBR. We are DVC and need 2 days after BWV. This is the only moderate I have never stayed at and since I want to see Riveria, booked it. I booked King room and requested Aruba but I am worried about getting a Handicap room. I hate those showers. Does anyone know if most Kings there are handicapped?

First time staying at CBR. We are DVC and need 2 days after BWV. This is the only moderate I have never stayed at and since I want to see Riveria, booked it. I booked King room and requested Aruba but I am worried about getting a Handicap room. I hate those showers. Does anyone know if most Kings there are handicapped?

I believe it's right about 50-50.

What's so bad about handicapped showers?

I've worked with adults with disabilities for over 20 years and feel awful bashing the showers but... the last time we requested the king room we received the handicap shower. We constantly had issues with the water not draining. The water, at the time, drained into a big drain in the middle of the bathroom that also had the toilet in it. So sometimes you would be using the toilet and have wet feet... We called mousekeeping several times but it was never fixed properly. They came several times. It was truly gross and I hated every minute of it. I feel awful for those that truly needed that room for 1. for even being in there (we didn't ask for that and I asked to move because I don't think it was right) and 2. for anyone truly handicapped having to use them. Maybe it's changed with the refurbished rooms but it was a bad experience... so fingers crossed it has changed..

We're booked in November in a pirate room and am now feeling conflicted about it based on reviews I've found. I didn't think the location of the rooms would bother me but maybe I'm understimating walking time to Skyliner and amenities? Are the beds really that horrible compared to others in the resort? Thanks!!

We're booked in November in a pirate room and am now feeling conflicted about it based on reviews I've found. I didn't think the location of the rooms would bother me but maybe I'm understimating walking time to Skyliner and amenities? Are the beds really that horrible compared to others in the resort? Thanks!!
I can’t speak about mattress quality, but those beds are doubles vs Queens in the other rooms.

I can’t speak about mattress quality, but those beds are doubles vs Queens in the other rooms.
The mattresses are fine--though as noted full beds. The only distinctively closer village to the main Skyliner station is Jamaica. It's further from the amenities in Old Port Royale than any other village, but the new-ish Spyglass Grill makes this matter less than it used to.

I used to recommend that folks avoid the pirate rooms--pay more to be more distant? But with the Skyliner and Spyglass I'm not nearly so down on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter