Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm definitely looking forward to using the Skyliner during my December stay at CBR --- since our last stay at CBR was in 2003 we've been going yearly and staying at either BC or BW (or CR for split stays) and this makes CBR pretty appealing even relative to deluxe resorts (since there is access to both CBR station and the Riviera station being within walking distance.)

Weird question: Will you be able to ride the Skyliner just to ride it? I mean, no entry into the park, just experience the Skyliner.

I wonder why they are HS line starts 2 hours before the park opens (after EEM ends) and the Epcot line is only 1 hour before park opening.

Good catch! I was looking at that yesterday. That leads me to believe they might be doing extended early opening at HS for the remainder of the year, going back to normal hours at the other parks.

Jamaica’s pool and laundry is supposedly closed until mid Nov according to a WDW News site today (that I am apparently not allowed to mention by name or link to) but, no mention on official hotel website as of yet. Don’t they usually post these sorts of things months ahead of time?

Was requesting to stay in Jamaica next week when I arrive. Now I may change request to Aruba. More concerned about long walk to laundry as we may end up doing it once during the week. Likely will go to main pool regardless since we have 2 younger kids

Last edited:

Uh....that is news to me. I am supposed to be staying there and was going to request Jamaica as well.

Just got back and the Jamaica pool is under refurbishment as well as they are doing serious road work on the parking lot around building 46. The main area is stunning with the new old port Royale however the walk from Jamaica is a hike! We would def stay again but would pony up for the preferred room to be close to the main area.

I just booked CBR for the first time; we always stay at POFQ. The only thing available was a standard 5th sleeper room. Any suggestions on best building to request? Is there still construction going on at CBR? Thanks so much@

I just booked CBR for the first time; we always stay at POFQ. The only thing available was a standard 5th sleeper room. Any suggestions on best building to request? Is there still construction going on at CBR? Thanks so much@
We just got back on the 19th. I would request Martinique and Barbados. Closer to Old Port Royale. Jamaica and Aruba are over the bridge and are a hike! Only construction really is the riveria right now. If your going after it opens then theyll be none. Since you’re used to POFQ I’d really try for Martinique because CBR is huge! Beautiful but huge.

Standard rooms are located only in Aruba and Jamaica. If you would like to be as close as possible to OPR and the feature pool, I would request either Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 as these are right across the bridge from those areas 🙂.

We will be staying at CBR for the first time 11/29-12/4/19 in the preferred water view w/5th sleeper and I was curious as to which buildings these might be in. I have been reading what seems conflicting descriptions of locations of these types of rooms and building locations. One post mentioned they were in the Barbados section in bldg 32 but according to the CBR map, that building is in the Trinidad north section. We would love to be close to Old Port Royale & food court. Should we request Martinique and/or Trinidad north or Martinique and/or Barbados sections? Thank you!

We will be staying at CBR for the first time 11/29-12/4/19 in the preferred water view w/5th sleeper and I was curious as to which buildings these might be in. I have been reading what seems conflicting descriptions of locations of these types of rooms and building locations. One post mentioned they were in the Barbados section in bldg 32 but according to the CBR map, that building is in the Trinidad north section. We would love to be close to Old Port Royale & food court. Should we request Martinique and/or Trinidad north or Martinique and/or Barbados sections? Thank you!

There isn't a Trinidad North anymore as the building groups were re-named after OPR was opened after all the construction. For what you booked the options are mixed into all the buildings north and south of OPR so that's where the confusion can come in, there aren't specific buildings for specific booking categories.

There's no such category as Preferred Preferred Water View, it's either Preferred or Water View. Which one did you book? If you booked Preferred you will be in Martinique or Barbados. If you booked Water View you can request Martinique or Barbados but could be put in Aruba or Jamaica.

There isn't a Trinidad North anymore as the building groups were re-named after OPR was opened after all the construction. For what you booked the options are mixed into all the buildings north and south of OPR so that's where the confusion can come in, there aren't specific buildings for specific booking categories.

Thank you for letting me know that there isn't a section named Trinidad North. Not sure what that section is named now though or what OPR means (just figured it out - Old Port Royale). I think I got confused from other posters referring to the old names of certain sections.

There's no such category as Preferred Preferred Water View, it's either Preferred or Water View. Which one did you book? If you booked Preferred you will be in Martinique or Barbados. If you booked Water View you can request Martinique or Barbados but could be put in Aruba or Jamaica.

Thanks for your help! I think I got confused in the description in the email I received or when I booked the rooms. The description actually says "water or pool view - 5th sleeper". I'll place a request for Martinique or Barbados to be closer to check in and dining.

Would both Aruba 55 and Jamaica 41 be considered "standard" rooms right now? (Planning to stay at CBR for the first time in Summer 2020...)

Thanks!

Would both Aruba 55 and Jamaica 41 be considered "standard" rooms right now? (Planning to stay at CBR for the first time in Summer 2020...)

Thanks!

Every building in Aruba and Jamaica have 5 room types. Standard, Standard with 5th sleeper, Water View, Water View with 5th sleeper and Kings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!