Just back from a two week stay at CBR and wanted to post a quick review in here. This is our 4th or 5th stay at the resort in the last 10 years or so, and as always, overall, it did not disappoint.
We had a fantastic vacation and really enjoyed the time we spent at the resort. Already booked a free dining bounce back for the same time frame next year so that pretty much sums ups how happy we were overall.
I wanted to note, as we drive down, that I was SHOCKED to be "gifted" with free parking. I was expecting to pay the $19 per night of course, but went up to the front desk on our second day as I had a question on room charges. I asked the girl why the parking was broken down and included an "orange" fee? I had parked at Disney Springs, Orange Garage, the previous night, and was wondering if there was some sort of charge for that now. She explained it was the Orange County tax, and all I said was oh, now I feel stupid, lol. She then proceeded to apologize and said as this was the first year they are charging for parking as a courtesy she would be removing the parking fee for my entire stay. I thanked her tremendously and was very, very pleased with that level of concern\service. (And yes , I was very, very pleasant when inquiring about the garage\orange thing).
- Room was in Jamaica 43 - we paid for a standard room and were given a garden\courtyard view.
- Room was in great shape and close to the parking lot - we drive.
- Resort staff, life guards, everyone was quite pleasant.
- LOVING the newly redone areas.
- Construction was a total none issue - God I wish the Skyliner would have been opened though, lol. My wife and I joked we will never being able to get Jamaica 43 again as it's a quick walk to the Skyliner, lol.
- Food court - meh, we only ate there twice and it was OK. No complaints really, but then again, we aren't really food court people and prefer to eat in the parks or other restaurants.
- While we opted out of room service, we were attended too very quickly if and when we phoned for anything. About mid trip, I asked one of the maids outside if I could get something to clean the toilet with as a ring was forming in it. She wound up coming back after we were gone and cleaned the entire room. I saw her the next day and gave her a $10 tip. Very pleasant woman.
- Bus service - absolutely horrible. This is probably my only complaint with the resort. We drive most places, but did take the bus to MK as usual and used it for some mid day trips back to the resort leaving the car at the parks. Each and every single time we waited at least 30 minutes for the bus. At times, longer. Return trips from MK were HORRIBLE to say the least. Sometimes waiting well over an hour for a bus due to the sheer number of people in the cattle stalls. I have never had this bad a service from the busses, even during previous stays, including at POP. Our last day at MK, we opted to drive there too and even with parking at TTC and taking a boat or monorail over to MK, it was 10x quick than the bus system.
Anyway, really looking forward to getting back next year, and REALLY looking forward to be able to try out the Skyliners. Definitely requesting Jamaica again due to it's proximity to those as well as the fairly nice\quick walk to the pool area.
Were the bus issues mainly midday or some other time of day? I know buses are always crazy at the end of the day.