Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

A mere 20 years ago when I was planning a "once in a lifetime" Disney vacation with my nieces, this was our first choice resort . . . but a little magic happened and we were diverted to the Contemporary garden wing to a building that no longer exists. In the interceding years Disney has become my go to destination. Despite staying at many different resorts mixing value, moderate, deluxe and DVC. I never got to the Caribbean Beach Resort.

The AP preview at Galaxy's Edge has finally landed me a reservation for the CBR . But much has changed in 20 years and for the past couple of years I have been living life from the seat of a power wheelchair. The only wheelchair accessible roll-in shower room I could get at the last minute for my time frame was a Pirate room. I have studied the resort maps and how the buses operate which leads to a question.

I think that the bus stop for the Pirate rooms is either in the middle of the route or the last stop, depending on what park I am going to. Will I find the buses full or both handicapped tie down spots taken when they finally reach that stop? When I stayed at Saratoga Springs I was at the last bus stop and had some times of not being able to get on the bus. Sometimes an empty bus would come for me in a couple of minutes, sometimes I waited 20-30 minute and a couple of times I waited the longer time and then could not get on that bus either. Is this what I should plan on for CBR also and just budget more time for getting to the parks?

Just booked a sort of last minute 8 night trip for my family to WDW for the end of September. I think the Extra Extra Magic Hours are going to be great for us, we have 2 boys (6.5 & 2) who are ridiculously early risers.

(My last visit to the parks was 1989, when Disney MGM Studios was brand new and CBR was less than a year old. I have been on property a few times since then)

Anyway, I was looking for some insight as to what building I should request.

My parameters:
—We booked a water/pool view 5th Sleeper room
—We will be going to all the theme parks, no water parks.
—With younger kids, we will definitely spend at least 2 days at MK, probably 1 at AK, 1-2 at HS & 2 at EC
—We will be using buses and/ Minnie Vans/Uber/Lyft to get to/from MK & AK as well as Disney Springs depending on circumstances. I know there are multiple bus stops on property and it can be slow. Having seat for my boys on the bus would be a priority.
—We will be arriving the night before Skyliner opens so we will definitely be utilizing it.
—Don’t want to be too far from the main pool but, it’s a lower priority since we definitely won’t be there every day.
—With the potential for a bunch of early mornings at the parks, I think being near OPR isn’t a priority as we won’t have breakfast there much. Perhaps if we come back for a midday swim, we may want lunch there or a dinner after getting off a returning bus,

(Yes, we have a stroller and I know to request a first floor room.)

I realize there is not going to be a location that is going to be perfect but would appreciate some help nonetheless. Based on what I have read, my gut says to ask for Jamaica 44 or 45. Since it’s near Skyliner and not too far of a walk across the bridge to OPR. But any other i ain’t would be appreciated.

Last edited:

My parameters:
—We booked a water/pool view 5th Sleeper room

You can be in any village except Trinidad.

I know there are multiple bus stops on property and it can be slow.

That has not been our experience.

I am also unclear as to whether Minnie Vans can pick up & drop off internally at CBR, I’m assuming regular Lyfts & Uber’s definitely cannot

We've always been picked up at the circular drive of our building.

I realize there is not going to be a location that is going to be perfect but would appreciate some help nonetheless. I think having the best compromise location for buses and Skyliner is most important. Based on what I have read elsewhere, my gut says to ask for Jamaica 44 or 45. Since it’s near Skyliner and not too far of a walk across the bridge to OPR.

I can't think of a better location than Jamaica 45. Close to both the CBR and Riviera Stations and yet also close to the Main Feature pool and Old Port Royale.

"i
In our experience, not likely.

I would not expect that.
Thanks. That is good to hear.

Despite retooling my impatient, go go type A personality into a laid back just go with the flow and 'roll' with the waves approach, something about watching that second bus pull away without me triggered a not so magical response in me!

That feature doesn't really work. I would suggest if you want a certain section to call and have the note added to your reservation. I'm in a standard room next week and when I made the reservation I specifically requested Jamaica -- we'll see if it works! But you should ignore the Martinique drop down.
Report back and let us know. I was thinking of requesting the same. Actually I'm trying to decide between preferred and standard for our next trip. Standard room prices would save us a lot of money. Any experienced CBR people here have any suggestions on which to choose ? We would like to be near the main pool and food.

Last edited:

Report back and let us know. I was thinking of requesting the same. Actually I'm trying to decide between preferred and standard for our next trip. Standard room prices would save us a lot of money. Any experienced CBR people here have any suggestions on which to choose ? We would like to be near the main pool and food.
On the phone when I booked I requested Jamaica. I'm also sending a fax through touring plans for a specific Jamaica building. I'll let you know how I make out!

I had to call to update my Magical Express info and made a Jamaica request. I can see the updated ME info in MDE, but I do not see the Jamaica request. Should that be visible?

We have an evening flight home and a breakfast reservation on our last day. They will hold our bags for us at luggage services, right? That's what I have done at Pop the past 2 years and just picked them up before ME arrived.

I had to call to update my Magical Express info and made a Jamaica request. I can see the updated ME info in MDE, but I do not see the Jamaica request. Should that be visible?

We have an evening flight home and a breakfast reservation on our last day. They will hold our bags for us at luggage services, right? That's what I have done at Pop the past 2 years and just picked them up before ME arrived.
When you call in a specific request like that it doesn't show up. Yes they will hold your luggage.

We feel that the extra $$$ for Preferred is definitely not worth it. Most rooms in Jamaica 45 are closer to the Main Feature pool and food court than some of the Preferred rooms.

So, I won't be reporting back because my husband surprised me yesterday and changed our reservation to a Theme Park View room at the Contemporary!
I was upgraded to that in May. I was on the 11th floor. It was awesome. I would get a drink and have popcorn in my popcorn bucket and sit on balcony and watch every night

Charging to room question. Would I be better off charging a character meal to the room and then going to pay for it using Disney Gift card or could i use disney gift card at the restaurant to pay for meal?

Charging to room question. Would I be better off charging a character meal to the room and then going to pay for it using Disney Gift card or could i use disney gift card at the restaurant to pay for meal?

We have found it easier to pay for it using a Gift Card at the time. Saves a stop at the Front Desk or the Concierge Desk.

For stays pre-Skyliner opening, is Jamaica still recommended? I got Jamaica 44 last time and loved it, but if there’s going to be a lot of construction I’m wondering if I’m better off at Aruba 51? I’m not concerned about busses as we typically drive to the parks.

For stays pre-Skyliner opening, is Jamaica still recommended? I got Jamaica 44 last time and loved it, but if there’s going to be a lot of construction I’m wondering if I’m better off at Aruba 51? I’m not concerned about busses as we typically drive to the parks.

I would definitely still recommend Jamaica 44 or 45. No construction going on near them.

Arriving in a few days and on QS dining plan. When I check in, will they give us our refillable mugs then or do we get them in food court?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter