Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I watched a video last night of where the location of the skyliner is. My question is how do people staying in buildings on the other side of the lake get to it? Looks like it would be a long walk. Buses maybe?

Walk, the longest would be about 6 minutes. Or if you have mobility issues, the internal bus.

We go in August, will the skyliner be running regularly then? I also wondered about the frequent storms/lightning at that time of year and how the skyliner will be impacted..

:flower:We are stayng at CBR in a prefered room for a week and will be participating in the Wine & Dine races... What will the best buildings be in those areas (Martinique and Barbados i am told) that will be the best location for food, buses, big pool & skyliner? I cant seem to find a new map with the skyliner depot and buildings listed. Thank yoU!

We go in August, will the skyliner be running regularly then? I also wondered about the frequent storms/lightning at that time of year and how the skyliner will be impacted..

No. The Skyliner doesn't open until September 29th.

I arrive on Saturday, 8/3. Driving to CBR. I know checkin is at 3pm officially but what is chance that i may able to check in earlier and get room?

:flower:We are stayng at CBR in a prefered room for a week and will be participating in the Wine & Dine races... What will the best buildings be in those areas (Martinique and Barbados i am told) that will be the best location for food, buses, big pool & skyliner? I cant seem to find a new map with the skyliner depot and buildings listed. Thank yoU!
This is what I wanted to know also. I was thinking Martinique building 25 but last I read it wasn't listed as preferred.

I arrive on Saturday, 8/3. Driving to CBR. I know checkin is at 3pm officially but what is chance that i may able to check in earlier and get room?

Really hard to say as it completely depends on occupancy and how many guests are checking out the day you arrive. We've gotten our room as early as 6:45AM and as late as 4:30PM. To up your chances don't make any room requests and note your expected arrival time during Online Checkin. Also when you arrive go to the Front Desk and ask if there's a room ready now for the room type you booked.

That's tough because the buildings closest to the Main Feature pool and Food Court are furthest from the Skyliner Stations. Every Village has its own bus stop so you'll be close to one no matter where you are.

Of the rooms in Martinique, buildings 25 and 26 are closest to Main Feature pool and food court, but a little further than Martinique 24 to the Riviera Station.

Of rooms in Barbados, buildings 32 and 33 are closest to the CBR Station. Building 31 is closest to the Main Feature pool and food court but a little further away from the CBR Station.

Last edited:
I stayed here with my family in 2017 & again in 2018. On both occasions the construction was still going on. At that time breakfast was a buffet, and I'd walk over to the food court and get a takeaway container, fill it up with enough to feed the 4 of us for breakfast (bagels, sausages, bacon & cream cheese, & even some minimuffins too) for just 1 QDP meal credit.

With construction now complete, and the temporary food court done away with, I take it it's a more conventional service and the breakfast buffet has been done away with. Is that the case?

If it is, can I still get the food to go? It made it easier to make RD if I could go and get the breakfast while people got ready, & then eat in the room, rather than waiting for everyone to get ready, then all head over for breakfast, and sort it all out individually.

I stayed here with my family in 2017 & again in 2018. On both occasions the construction was still going on. At that time breakfast was a buffet, and I'd walk over to the food court and get a takeaway container, fill it up with enough to feed the 4 of us for breakfast (bagels, sausages, bacon & cream cheese, & even some minimuffins too) for just 1 QDP meal credit.

With construction now complete, and the temporary food court done away with, I take it it's a more conventional service and the breakfast buffet has been done away with. Is that the case?

If it is, can I still get the food to go? It made it easier to make RD if I could go and get the breakfast while people got ready, & then eat in the room, rather than waiting for everyone to get ready, then all head over for breakfast, and sort it all out individually.

Yes, the buffet is gone and it is a regular quick service setup at Centertown. There is also a Grab & Go area for small, pre-made items if you would prefer not to order at Centertown.

And yes, you can have your items at Centertown placed in to-go containers to bring them back to the room to eat, we did that as well. Just check and make sure your orders are right before you exit the building, we had multiple incorrect orders over the course of a week and for 2 of them my husband walked all the way back to our room before realizing it.

So, just for clarification about buses at CBR.

1. There is an internal bus route to take people from one area of the resort to another (kinda like a shuttle or tram)?

2. This is different than the buses to the parks, yes?

3. There is no single, Central bus loading area to the parks that we would need to walk to from our village location, but individual bus loading stations from each village to each park? Or is it that the bus to MK makes the rounds at each village, and the bus to Epcot makes the rounds at each village, etc? I can't imagine that each village has its own dedicated bus to the parks - that would be absurdly empty. Is it similar to the idea of the buses that make the AllStar loop, except it is for the different locations within CBR?

Thanks.

So, just for clarification about buses at CBR.

1. There is an internal bus route to take people from one area of the resort to another (kinda like a shuttle or tram)?

2. This is different than the buses to the parks, yes?

3. There is no single, Central bus loading area to the parks that we would need to walk to from our village location, but individual bus loading stations from each village to each park? Or is it that the bus to MK makes the rounds at each village, and the bus to Epcot makes the rounds at each village, etc? I can't imagine that each village has its own dedicated bus to the parks - that would be absurdly empty. Is it similar to the idea of the buses that make the AllStar loop, except it is for the different locations within CBR?

Thanks.

1. Correct. It looks just like all the other buses though.

2. Correct. It will be labeled as such.

3. There are bus stops in each village (you can find a map on The Dis or Allears, etc to see where they are in each village). You're correct on the 2nd part -- an MK bus will enter the resort and make a stop at each village, then proceed to MK after the last stop. Each park bus will work this way. The bus pickup order is as such: Martinique, Old Port Royale, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba, then depart to park. Return service is the same way. In the mornings, Jamaica and Aruba often get their own bus.

I plan on going over to Trader Sam's at the Polynesian Hotel one night. I will have a car. Would it be best to take a bus to Magic Kingdom then Monorail to Polynesian or best to drive. If I drive will I have issues with parking at Polynesian? Would I have to pay for parking?

I plan on going over to Trader Sam's at the Polynesian Hotel one night. I will have a car. Would it be best to take a bus to Magic Kingdom then Monorail to Polynesian or best to drive. If I drive will I have issues with parking at Polynesian? Would I have to pay for parking?
Well, if you drive to the TTC, you can walk to the Polynesian. I'm unsure if you can park there without an ADR, so driving and parking at the TTC may be the most convenient option. Unless, of course, you want imbibe, in which case take the bus to MK and boat or monorail to the Poly.

I've booked a king in late October for my guest and myself. I choose CBR mostly because we wanted to be close to the convenience of the skyliner., there were other factors in the decision but this was the main one. I wanted to stay in Jamaica 45 to be nearish to the station and close to the footbridge. The only request option available online is Martinique Village. I'm not staying preferred so is that really even an option for me? Martinique is close to the OPR but not as close to the station as I'd like. Is there any hope that I can get us in Jamaica by calling in my request or should I just settle for Martinique? I read there are internal busses to get around the resort so that would be a plus. What about walking distance? Approximately how long would it be to walk from the furthest building in Martinique to the skyliner station?

I've booked a king in late October for my guest and myself. I choose CBR mostly because we wanted to be close to the convenience of the skyliner., there were other factors in the decision but this was the main one. I wanted to stay in Jamaica 45 to be nearish to the station and close to the footbridge. The only request option available online is Martinique Village. I'm not staying preferred so is that really even an option for me? Martinique is close to the OPR but not as close to the station as I'd like. Is there any hope that I can get us in Jamaica by calling in my request or should I just settle for Martinique? I read there are internal busses to get around the resort so that would be a plus. What about walking distance? Approximately how long would it be to walk from the furthest building in Martinique to the skyliner station?
That feature doesn't really work. I would suggest if you want a certain section to call and have the note added to your reservation. I'm in a standard room next week and when I made the reservation I specifically requested Jamaica -- we'll see if it works! But you should ignore the Martinique drop down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter