Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Unless I missed it somewhere, they haven't specifically said which parts are opening yet. There is still a chance for part of it to open before Sept 29th and that date is the full opening date. Hard to gauge crowd levels at this point, but it seems like it can handle a good number of people easily. Don't give up on it yet!

Yeah, I’m hoping that the Hollywood Studios portion is open at least. And who knows, they may go for a soft open anyway. It’s just one thing after another with this trip. First, they announced Galaxy’s Edge was opening. Okay, fine, I can deal with that. I was excited after I got over the shock. Then, Illuminations announced its ending for our last night and on our second Epcot night. Great. Now, I have to deal with everyone flying in for the last night of that show. Thankfully, we’ll be hopping out of there and over to MK. I don’t need to see the last show. And now this. I’m just waiting for the next curveball now.

Any updates on this?
Fence is still up in Trinidad. I'd imagine it will be up a while longer, it looks like they are going to be pouring new walkways. As of now, it is dug up but nothing has been poured yet. The good news is it's off to the side, where you first enter Trinidad so there is a good chance you won't be looking at it when you open your room door. I'm in Jamaica and there was actually a fence up here when we first arrived, they were pouring new walkways (but much further along than Trinidad's project) and they were finished and fences down a couple days into my trip.

Fence is still up in Trinidad. I'd imagine it will be up a while longer, it looks like they are going to be pouring new walkways. As of now, it is dug up but nothing has been poured yet. The good news is it's off to the side, where you first enter Trinidad so there is a good chance you won't be looking at it when you open your room door. I'm in Jamaica and there was actually a fence up here when we first arrived, they were pouring new walkways (but much further along than Trinidad's project) and they were finished and fences down a couple days into my trip.

Thanks for the update, sbd78. Hopefully they'll be done in 4 weeks. If not, I think we'll still survive. :)

A couple questions:

Does CBR provide toddler bed rails upon request?

Would it work on the pull-down/5th sleeper bed?

Thanks for the update, sbd78. Hopefully they'll be done in 4 weeks. If not, I think we'll still survive. :)

The Trinidad fencing I saw last week was right by the roadway bridge. As noted above, it looks like walkway work. I was guessing it is because of needing more pathways to the Skyliner station on the other side of the bridge.

It's almost time for our trip so I was completing the online check-in with room requests. The only options it gave me for the two choices were corner room and Martinique. However, I only booked a standard room 5th sleeper so Martinique shouldn't be an option. Why did I get only those two options? Thoughts?

It's almost time for our trip so I was completing the online check-in with room requests. The only options it gave me for the two choices were corner room and Martinique. However, I only booked a standard room 5th sleeper so Martinique shouldn't be an option. Why did I get only those two options?

The options available Online have been useless for about 3 years now at every resort. Heck, for a while one of the options for CBR was "Close to Elevator" and there are no elevators.

Thoughts?

It's still best to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation and skip that section online. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Just booked a trip to stay in CBR from 10/18-10/28. First time staying at this resort and am really excited! At this point the gondolas should be up and running. Going back a few pages it looks like the CBR stop is by Jamaica 41, 42, and 43, while the Riviera stop is by Aruba 54, 55, 56. Definitely want to be close to at least one of these gondola stations but I am wondering if anyone can comment on which is closer to OPR and how close the nearest bus stops are for transportation to the other parks? Thanks!

Just booked a trip to stay in CBR from 10/18-10/28. First time staying at this resort and am really excited! At this point the gondolas should be up and running. Going back a few pages it looks like the CBR stop is by Jamaica 41, 42, and 43, while the Riviera stop is by Aruba 54, 55, 56. Definitely want to be close to at least one of these gondola stations but I am wondering if anyone can comment on which is closer to OPR and how close the nearest bus stops are for transportation to the other parks? Thanks!
Just briefly looking, gondolas are on the back side and buses are at the front, yes? So they are opposite of each other?

Hello CBR Experts!
Long time POR family here going to CBR for the first time Dec 13-19, 2019. Looking for thoughts on two connected water view trundle bed rooms to request. Looking at the map, old threads and the bus route, I'm thinking about the following in order of preference:

Martinique 2637/2638
Aruba 5121/5122
Aruba 5122/5121
Jamaica 4520/4519
Jamaica 4530/4529
Martinique 2464/2463
Martinique 2463/2466

Seem right?

Thank you so much for any constructive comments!

(is there a newer list of connected rooms than SPOERLX3 Oct 10 2016?)

Just briefly looking, gondolas are on the back side and buses are at the front, yes? So they are opposite of each other?

So I looked on the maps and see that there are bus stops by the Jamaica and Aruba buildings. I am just unsure if those are stops for the internal shuttle for for the theme park shuttles.

Are there still playgrounds on some of the beaches?

All Ears CBR Fact Sheet says this, "Small playgrounds are located on the village beaches of Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad. " But I don't see them on the new map.

Are there still playgrounds on some of the beaches?

All Ears CBR Fact Sheet says this, "Small playgrounds are located on the village beaches of Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad. " But I don't see them on the new map.
There is a playground on the island you cross over to get from Jamaica to the main building.

So I looked on the maps and see that there are bus stops by the Jamaica and Aruba buildings. I am just unsure if those are stops for the internal shuttle for for the theme park shuttles.
Those stops are for both internal and theme park shuttles. The only buses that don't stop there are the water parks, those only stop at the main Old Port Royale stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts