Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Here now and I have to say we enjoy it. They did downgrade us from a water view room which I had booked. They said they ran out of them. We were reimbursed and it was kind of a bummer but honestly we are hardly in the rooms. I’m not one to complain over something like that so we just ‘let it go’ and moved on to a wonderful vacation. Our room is in Jamaica 45. Wonderful location to OPR. Don’t see any fencing or ugly construction. Yes the sky bucket gondalas are not in keeping with resort theme and tranquility but I imagine they will be very efficient. We went to food court and spyglass grill at 7:00 each morning and seemed to beat the rush. Much busier after we finished eating. Spyglass today we ordered a to go breakfast. Took quite a while to make bacon but again not a big deal. One funny but seriously not funny thing: I’m claustrophobic. It’s embarassing but is what it is. I’m 43 and about 115 pounds. I was going down the water slide, my kids had just gone, and as soon as I started they stopped the water. I got stuck inside the hot tunnel and couldn’t move. Tried to climb up and out but kept slipping. Below me was just a dark hot tunnel and with no way to tell how long it would go I was afraid to inch my way down. Tried to push off and slide down but I was stuck. Lasted about a minute which doesn’t seem long but man it was horrible. I have bruises from trying to get out. I don’t think anyone would enjoy that experience and for me it was torture. I didn’t go complain but say it here to just make people aware. They turn off slide water if a whistle in the pool is blown for any reason. Maybe I’m the only crazy mom that would want to go down the slide anyways and hopefully a kid would have kept going but I just wanted everyone to know it’s a possibility. My family all laugh about it now. They could hear me calling for help. This is my first time back to CBR in 13 years. I really do find it peaceful, roomy, we love having the fifth sleeping space. The food has been on par with what we would expect. Decent not blow me away. But we are o my doing quick service this trip. My kids and husband loved the tacos from Spyglass. I’m typing this while relaxing on the beach in Jamaica as my teenage daughter reads in a hammock nearby. I believe a Disney vacation is what you make it. I believe in planning and then the ‘let it go to make room for more magic’ mentality. That process hasn’t failed me in 12 trips to WDW. We have two more days here and I know I’ll miss Disney and CBR as soon as we leave. But not that dang slide 😉

I'm not claustrophobic, but I would freak out if I was "stuck" in a slide midway down, too, @Randomsoulshine . I appreciate your positive attitude though, it helps me keep things in perspective when I'm freaking out over all the changes coming. It makes it hard to plan my trip, but just being in the world is going to be enough in the long run. :)

Does anyone know if the mixed drinks at Spyglass Grill are included with a meal on the Quick Service Dining Plan?

Here now and I have to say we enjoy it. They did downgrade us from a water view room which I had booked. They said they ran out of them. We were reimbursed and it was kind of a bummer but honestly we are hardly in the rooms. I’m not one to complain over something like that so we just ‘let it go’ and moved on to a wonderful vacation. Our room is in Jamaica 45. Wonderful location to OPR. Don’t see any fencing or ugly construction. Yes the sky bucket gondalas are not in keeping with resort theme and tranquility but I imagine they will be very efficient. We went to food court and spyglass grill at 7:00 each morning and seemed to beat the rush. Much busier after we finished eating. Spyglass today we ordered a to go breakfast. Took quite a while to make bacon but again not a big deal. One funny but seriously not funny thing: I’m claustrophobic. It’s embarassing but is what it is. I’m 43 and about 115 pounds. I was going down the water slide, my kids had just gone, and as soon as I started they stopped the water. I got stuck inside the hot tunnel and couldn’t move. Tried to climb up and out but kept slipping. Below me was just a dark hot tunnel and with no way to tell how long it would go I was afraid to inch my way down. Tried to push off and slide down but I was stuck. Lasted about a minute which doesn’t seem long but man it was horrible. I have bruises from trying to get out. I don’t think anyone would enjoy that experience and for me it was torture. I didn’t go complain but say it here to just make people aware. They turn off slide water if a whistle in the pool is blown for any reason. Maybe I’m the only crazy mom that would want to go down the slide anyways and hopefully a kid would have kept going but I just wanted everyone to know it’s a possibility. My family all laugh about it now. They could hear me calling for help. This is my first time back to CBR in 13 years. I really do find it peaceful, roomy, we love having the fifth sleeping space. The food has been on par with what we would expect. Decent not blow me away. But we are o my doing quick service this trip. My kids and husband loved the tacos from Spyglass. I’m typing this while relaxing on the beach in Jamaica as my teenage daughter reads in a hammock nearby. I believe a Disney vacation is what you make it. I believe in planning and then the ‘let it go to make room for more magic’ mentality. That process hasn’t failed me in 12 trips to WDW. We have two more days here and I know I’ll miss Disney and CBR as soon as we leave. But not that dang slide 😉
I will not go down what we call “tube slides” for this exact reason! I am terrified of getting stuck😂 guess I won’t be trying any slides during our trip! Thanks for the review 😁

After much deliberation, I just changed my split stay to stay at CBR for the longer portion of my trip (due to the great AP rate)!
pixiedust:
I am very excited but also very nervous about this change. I was booked at POP (which I know and love) but really wanted to try this resort out because I have never stayed here! It will just be me, with my 21 year old daughter joining me after a couple days. We will have a water/pool view room. I know I want to request a second floor room but anyone have advice for specific building to request? Any good advice/activities for a solo traveler? What is everyone's favorite aspects of CBR?

CBR is a beautiful and peaceful resort! We absolutely loved our first stay. Our second stay was during construction so we didn’t love it quite so much but we’re booked again for September and hoping to enjoy it as much as the first. We also love POP and think you’ll love the combination of a split stay between the two, so don’t be nervous!

Fresh update for CBR. Looks like rapid progression every week now, and the heavy outside construction is definitely is becoming less of an impact at the two sites imo.

Leaving resort now. It has been a wonderful five night trip. Crowds very manageable. Last night at MK refresh worked well. We didn’t even finish our third FP until around 6pm but managed to get several additional ones. Even PPF. Went to ride Splash around 10pm and the wait was bad and couldn’t snag a FP that late. We waited 40 ish minutes. Our next longest wait the whole trip was 20 mins. and we visited IOA Universal Epcot and HS. The Carribean Beach Resort is beautiful. Our meals at OPR and Spyglass were very good. Our meal at Banana Cabana was also wonderful. It did take a long time to get food there but we showed up right as it opened. Little construction around resort. We would see a couple of men and a truck occasionally. Loved being in Jamaica 45 first floor room. We all agree the skyliner poles take away from the atmosphere. I hope they paint them at some point. But it’s not enough to keep me from going back. We always like to drive to the parks so I can’t comment on bus transportation. Room was clean upon arrival. Didn’t see any love bugs. Pull down bed worked really well. I’d say a person 5’4” and under would be very comfortable. It’s been a wonderful trip with a lot of good memories. I would definitely return to CBR. I would rate this resort very high but keep in mind we have never stayed deluxe. Now it’s back to reality. I’m always sad to leave Disney because I don’t know when I’ll be back. Wish we could have booked that bounce back offer but we can’t afford another trip this year. Everyone coming to CBR have a wonderful relaxing trip that’s filled with magical moments.

I will not go down what we call “tube slides” for this exact reason! I am terrified of getting stuck😂 guess I won’t be trying any slides during our trip! Thanks for the review 😁
I did want to conquer this fear. I had my husband stand and watch the life guard. There is a button they press which stops the water. He gave me the signal that the life guard wasn’t near the button and down I went! It’s a really good slide for a hotel and the kids and adults there all enjoyed it.my 15 year old son must have gone down 30 times. There is a tiny slide that’s open and I went down it a couple of times as well. My son wants to do Volcano Bay for his 16th bday present. Oh boy. 😳

Heard on FB of some people booked at CBR in next 2 weeks getting calls that they were over booked and being moved to deluxe resorts. Anyone else hear this is happening?

Okay, getting close to needing to get my understanding wrapped around my heard and in order:

We have a 5th sleeper/preferred room booked for Sept. and would like to be as close to the gondola station and the buses as reasonable given the room type. I thought Aruba or Jamaica would fit the bill, but it looks like no (no preferred there?). For the location experts here, suggestions on where to request?

Okay, getting close to needing to get my understanding wrapped around my heard and in order:

We have a 5th sleeper/preferred room booked for Sept. and would like to be as close to the gondola station and the buses as reasonable given the room type. I thought Aruba or Jamaica would fit the bill, but it looks like no (no preferred there?). For the location experts here, suggestions on where to request?

With the room type you booked you will be in either Martinique or Barbados. Neither one is close to the CBR Skyliner Station. Martinique is closer to the Riviera Station than Barbados. So it might be worth requesting Martinique. Every Village has its own bus stop, and both Villages are close to the OPR stop, so no worries about being close to the buses no matter where you are.

Heard on FB of some people booked at CBR in next 2 weeks getting calls that they were over booked and being moved to deluxe resorts. Anyone else hear this is happening?

Where did you see this? I am going on honeymoon in a couple of weeks. This makes me nervous.

With the room type you booked you will be in either Martinique or Barbados. Neither one is close to the CBR Skyliner Station. Martinique is closer to the Riviera Station than Barbados. So it might be worth requesting Martinique. Every Village has its own bus stop, and both Villages are close to the OPR stop, so no worries about being close to the buses no matter where you are.
So, in your estimation, how long a walk from Martinique to the Riviera Stn.??

More of a Dining Plan question but will ask anyway. on QS DDP. I heard conflicting reports yesterday. Since we have refillable mugs while onsite, can we substitute drink for dessert or snack when eating at counter service at CBR?

[/QUOTE
We are here now and had a reservation at CBR starting on June 6th for a Standard View room that I booked back in March. When our room was ready I noticed that we were booked in a Pirate Room. Honestly for a night or two that would have been OK but with the double beds for a five night stay I know DH and I would have been uncomfortable (we sleep in a queen).
I was really looking forward to CBR. We passed on booking it for the last few years with all of the construction going on. So we go to the front lobby to straighten out our room category to find out the resort was oversold and all they had was the Pirate Room available! At first we were offered AoA (a suite, we were there the night before so not wanting to stay there again on this trip) or CSR (like it there but too much construction currently).
I was told Disney was booked and this was all they could do for us. I politely told them no that was not true that there are lots of available rooms at other resorts and those two resorts were not going to work for us. I know this because we always check that out availability before we come to gauge crowd levels. So they asked me if I wanted to book myself a new room somewhere else on my own. Ummm no thanks I already booked my room back in March! So keeping cool but feeling frustrated at this point and letting them know our disappointment calmly. They go back to make more phone calls and come back with a choice of WL, AKL or BC. Having never stayed at BC we choose that one. It all worked out we are enjoying our stay it was really a minor hiccup. Oh and they also put two nights back on my card for the inconvenience. So yes apparently they are overselling. They made it right for us though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter