Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone have updated room pics? DD and I (and her team) are staying there May 8-13 for cheer competition and curious what the rooms are like. Our last visit was at the Grand Floridian so I am definitely keeping my expectations realistic, LOL.

Anyone have updated room pics? DD and I (and her team) are staying there May 8-13 for cheer competition and curious what the rooms are like. Our last visit was at the Grand Floridian so I am definitely keeping my expectations realistic, LOL.

If you go onto YouTube and search 'Dis Unplugged Caribbean Beach Resort' there is a room tour from a week ago or so.

Couple Questions...

1) What would be the best building request in Trinidad? 36? Looking at the resort map, 36 looks like it would be closest to the bus stop. It also looks like it would be convenient getting to both the quiet pool and Spyglass Grill.
2) What is across the lake from Trinidad/what is the view across the lake from the "beach"?

Couple Questions...

1) What would be the best building request in Trinidad? 36? Looking at the resort map, 36 looks like it would be closest to the bus stop. It also looks like it would be convenient getting to both the quiet pool and Spyglass Grill.
2) What is across the lake from Trinidad/what is the view across the lake from the "beach"?

Honestly none of the rooms are that far from a bus stop. If that’s your goal 36 or 35 even would be good.

If I remember correctly you’d be looking at some construction of the sky gondola station on the other side.

If I remember correctly you’d be looking at some construction of the sky gondola station on the other side.
You are very correct-Trinidad Beach looks directly at the Gondola line coming over from POP/AoA and the CBR Skyliner Station.

If Gondolas are a Guest's "thing",Trinidad Beach definitely is/will be their "place"!:)

So quick review from our stay 2/9-2/15.

We stayed in Jamaica building 46. This was smack dab in the middle of the cheerleaders so if you have a choice, don't go when there is a cheerleading competition. Amazing how clueless people are of other people.

There is still construction happening so there are fences all over the side walks. Some of the sidewalks are blocked so made it slightly complicated to get to our room. We were only at the resort during the day once and didn't notice much in regards to construction noise. My biggest construction problem was that the "running path" is completely cut off going around the water, so I basically had to run up and down the two sides over and over.

The room itself was pretty nice. Big bed. Clean. Double vanity. The toilet and shower are crammed into once space, and it's a tight squeeze. Overall I liked the room itself.

The bus stop was pretty close to us, but I honestly don't think any building is too far away. Jamaica is the second to last stop, so that will add some time when getting back. Oddly it was both the first and 2nd to last to pick up depending on the bus.

The food was pretty meh. Frist night we ate outside at the Banana Cabana. Service was quick. The drinks were pretty solid. My wife's burger was pretty subpar and my turkey sandwich was fine, but nothing that good. The fries are solid though. Also did the quick service one night through the mobile app. The service was very, very slow despite no one being in there. My wife's pasta with meatballs was good, my grilled cheese was not. How do you screw up a grilled cheese?

To be honest, once the sky gondola is complete, I would not want to stay in Aruba or Jamaica. Those towers run right through the resort and there are going to be gondolas right above some of the buildings. They are going to make noise. They are going to distract from the beach feeling if you are on the beach. It just seems like it's poorly planned. The bus to epcot and Hollywood really aren't that long, so I don't see the need for these. With a giant station at one end and the new Riviera on the other end, I just don't like the feel of this resort.

The bus to epcot and Hollywood really aren't that long, so I don't see the need for these.
The Skyliner is being built for the purpose of REPLACING or at least greatly,reducing the buses.

Disney sees the Skyliner as a more environmentally friendly and,perhaps more importantly, more economically friendly mode of transport than buses.

Last edited:

To be honest, once the sky gondola is complete, I would not want to stay in Aruba or Jamaica. Those towers run right through the resort and there are going to be gondolas right above some of the buildings. They are going to make noise. They are going to distract from the beach feeling if you are on the beach. It just seems like it's poorly planned.
I am reserving final judgment until everything is fully completed,but I agree,at this point,I don't see how CBR will ever have that "tranquil,Island-feel" again.

I do think the Skyliner will "fit right in" at POP/AoA as those Resorts are "HIGH ENERGY/OVER THE TOP DISNEY" Resorts.:)

45755320964_dc0b53c8f9_c.jpg

Can anyone tell me if Mickey waffles are available at Centertown besides in the kids meals? Back in the day I remember there being a breakfast option of a waffles with a meat on the side in an adult portion. Any idea how large the kids serving is? Thanks!

On touring plans room finder I put in Pool or water view and it brings up rooms in Barbados as an option. Can we request a room in Barbados if we booked a water view room? Thanks.

What room # (if you dont mind sharing). I am getting a 5th sleeper, water view in August and that room sounds good. How far from pool?

We were in 3221. You could see the quiet pool from the window. Main pool was not far IMO, just a couple minute walk. I tired to attach some pictures of the view out the windows but it says the file is too large.

You are very correct-Trinidad Beach looks directly at the Gondola line coming over from POP/AoA and the CBR Skyliner Station.

If Gondolas are a Guest's "thing",Trinidad Beach definitely is/will be their "place"!:)

I guess there could be worse views. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Skyliner opens sooner than expected (Fall 2019). Not getting my hopes up, but is there any chance it could open early to mid August?

Hi all! We are headed to CBR in 60 days. I’ve been catching up on the latest with all the construction updates but unsure which building should I try to request (I know it’s not guaranteed).

We have standard room and want to be closest to Old Port Royale or Fuentes Pool. Which building is closest now for standard rooms?

Thanks!

Hi all! We are headed to CBR in 60 days. I’ve been catching up on the latest with all the construction updates but unsure which building should I try to request (I know it’s not guaranteed).

We have standard room and want to be closest to Old Port Royale or Fuentes Pool. Which building is closest now for standard rooms?

Thanks!

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51.

That is great news! I thought Barbados was only preferred rooms. So I guess touring plans room finder feature is accurate?

Yes, you can. There are preferred, water, and king rooms in Barabados.
I am familiar with good options in Jamaica and Aruba that would be a short walk across lake to get to dining location. But oh the nasty construction walls! If those areas are still yucky and Barbados isn’t do you know if there are any water view fifth sleeper rooms in Barbados I could request?

Has anyone tried the Mermaid exerience at the CBR?? Is it for adults?

JoAn
Just a note since we just returned from a visit at CBR. The mermaid school is not currently being held. I asked the cm at check in and he said he thinks that it will come back as the weather warms but he had no actual knowledge that it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter