Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm hoping to just use Uber to get to Animal Kingdom at the end of the month. We want to be there early enough to hit River Journey at rope drop...it is an 8 am EMH opening.
First of all, where should we call for Uber? I know typically it is in front of the lobby entrance, but with construction I'm not sure what has changed. What time should we be at the park to get through bag check and be ready to go at rope drop? What time should we call Uber in that case?

I'm hoping to just use Uber to get to Animal Kingdom at the end of the month. We want to be there early enough to hit River Journey at rope drop...it is an 8 am EMH opening.
First of all, where should we call for Uber? I know typically it is in front of the lobby entrance, but with construction I'm not sure what has changed. What time should we be at the park to get through bag check and be ready to go at rope drop? What time should we call Uber in that case?
Far easier to use the busses, but if you want to use Uber they'll pick you up from wherever you ring them from using GPS on your phone. So, ring from your nearest car park.

Could someone please advise...best standard room/section/bldg. Near a parking lot is ok as we will have a car. Also, the least construction views/noise. Thanks!

Just got in today and was assigned Martinique 26. First floor, king bed. It's nicely close to the bus stop (first stop!). Haven't been to the room yet, so I can't comment on it, but I will update with pics.

Just got in today and was assigned Martinique 26. First floor, king bed. It's nicely close to the bus stop (first stop!). Haven't been to the room yet, so I can't comment on it, but I will update with pics.

Here is a small album of our room. All pictures were just taken, so they're night shots. I'll get some more during the day with the view and the construction.

Martinique 2616 https://imgur.com/a/fWg2D

4 days until I checkin!! Won't be at the resort much as its a whirlwind 3 day trip, but excited to stay here.

We have a water/pool view room, so I didn't make any online room requests as none seemed to matter to us. (The options were: Martinique, water view, ground floor and corner room.) Should I have made any? Would I need to call to make a room request that matters?

Just got back from CBR on Sunday and were not impressed by the resort.

1) Wasn't offered opt-out of housekeeping. Wished we were because housekeeping removed sheets and blanket from third bed after first night, leaving our daughter with no place to sleep. Called to get sheets and blanket sent up and they arrived with three blankets and no sheets. Found someone's underwear and cosmetics behind the drawers under the bed.

2) Front desk told us to pick up souvenirs sent from Disney Springs at Custom House even though I told them website said Trindad North Concierge. Turns out the website was right and front desk was wrong.

3) Called to get van to pick us up at 4:40 for 5:10 ME to airport. Was told they would come to our room to get us and our bags. They never showed up. Apparently they went to parking lot, sat for five minutes and then left. Was told by second van driver after 15 minutes on hold that we were supposed to be waiting for the van in the parking lot.

4) Magic band never worked for a friend who had her own room. Had to call twice to get someone to let her into the room after midnight. Her band worked everywhere else. Second room she was moved to had a working reader but it didn't light up -- you had to listen for the click to see if the door unlocked. Door latch on our room often stuck and required using the band again even after it lit up.

5) If our room in Martinique was already renovated, we were not impressed with the new furniture. Three small drawers that couldn't be accessed if third bed was in use and one wardrobe. Single pocket door to bathroom squealed as it was closed and was hard to lock.

We were in the same building in September. Keep in mind, you're likely closer to the Old Port Royal bus stop than the one technically for Martinique. We were, and loved everything about our location. Hope you do, too.

We've been to Disneyland a number of times. But we are WDW newbies. I just added the info for advanced online check in. But I didn't see anywhere to request a specific building? There were 2 dropdown boxes where I requested ground floor and near transportation. Do I need to call to make specific requests?

We've been to Disneyland a number of times. But we are WDW newbies. I just added the info for advanced online check in. But I didn't see anywhere to request a specific building? There were 2 dropdown boxes where I requested ground floor and near transportation. Do I need to call to make specific requests?

Yes. The options during Online Check In have always been pretty useless. I always call our requests in and then skip the room request section during Online Check In.

This is what we did for Animal Kingdom on December 17th. We used Disney transportation the rest of the time, but we weren't leaving anything to chance when it came to rope dropping FOP. We were staying in Aruba, but walked over to the food tent to grab coffee. Used the app to request an uber as we were walking to the Port Royale bus stop - this was about 7:15. It showed up (at the bus stop) within about 4 minutes, and we were in line at the front gate of AK around 7:30. This was for a 9 a.m. open. There were not many people ahead of us, but man did the line behind us build quickly. They let us through the gate shortly after 8 and we were able to get as far as the bridge into Pandora. They stop you there.

They let us into Pandora around 8:35/8:40, and we were off the ride by 8:55 (we walked right on - this time included the preshow, etc.).

I would think doing all of this but an hour earlier (for an 8am open) would be plenty - especially since you aren't heading to FOP. We rode Navi River standby after FOP (got in line around 9:05) and still only waited about 15/20 minutes since everyone was in line for FOP.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the pin trading boards are located at the resort?
When we were there in December there was a large trading board inside the food tent. You could just walk in and see it - you didn’t need to pay for the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!