Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So anyone who is there/has been there in the past week or so.....
How are the mosquitoes? I just read a post about how absolutely horrendous they are at some resorts and parks. We fly down in the morning and wondering if I need to go get but spray to bring with us.....please tell me NO because all these little things are starting to add up and I am really stressing over everything.
We were there last week and were not bothered at all!:thumbsup2

If we do the dining plan, is there a place to fill our refillable mugs at CBR? Also do the food options & food trucks available accept the dining plan?
Yes there are coke free style machines located in some of the buildings that you can refill your mugs at. The first page of this thread lists which ones. Yes the dining plan is accepted. I know it is a quick service credit for the buffet at the tent.

Just got back yesterday from a 1 week stay at CBR. We were in Aruba 51 - great location. Away from the construction and beautiful (and easily manageable) walk to breakfast each morning. At check-in we had to ask for our gift cards, but once we did, they were able to locate them. We requested connecting staterooms, and that request was also granted. Both rooms had the construction pins. Overall, I think the construction was an eyesore when you come into or out of the resort, but it didn't impact our stay at all and the back area of the resort is still beautiful.

The grounds were well maintained and landscaped. We did hear some landscaping work on a few afternoons, but never before 10am. Mousekeeping seemed to arrive promptly at our room each day at 9am and each time our room was straightened up nicely. My only complaint was that we had to ask for more shampoo and conditioner. If there was even a tiny bit left in the bottles in the shower, they wouldn't leave new ones. I thought that was odd, but easily rectified with a quick phone call.

Never had an issue with buses. They seemed to arrive promptly at 10 to 15 minute intervals throughout the day. Internal buses were a little less frequent. Even though we were the last stop, the buses were never more than half full, even in the mornings.

The buffet was decent for a meal or two, but I wouldn't recommend eating there more than two to three times. The food wasn't bad, but the lack of variety would get old really quick. We ate there once for dinner (on arrival night) and twice for breakfast. The buffet was well staffed and tables were cleared quickly and efficiently. The staff was very friendly and personable. Overall, it's a solid use of a quick service credit if you're on the dining plan. We never tried the food trucks, so I can't comment on those.

We spent one afternoon at the main pool, which is very close to the construction area, and we rarely noticed any construction noise. A cast member was organizing poolside games and had music playing, which effectively drowned out the construction noise. Goofy also made an appearance to play games with the kids. We felt like the staff went above and beyond to make sure that the main pool experience was enjoyable.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay at CBR. We felt that Disney did they best they could to work around the construction. The staff was friendly and available in abundance to answer questions, activities were modified to cancel out construction noise in the main pool area, and the bus system exceeded our expectations.

Last edited:

guys we have an early booking on our first day in chef mickey, roughly how long will it take to get to by bus?? Also how often does the bus go to the parks from CBR

We normally allow 1 hour to get to a breakfast reservation. Buses should run roughly every 15 minutes from the parks to the resort.

When does the buffet close in the evenings, and how late is the mail pool open? Trip is 2nd week of Dec.

This is our first time back to CBR in probably 10 years, any suggestions/opinions on which room area to request? There will be 3 adults and 3 children (10 yrs, 6 yrs & 9 months). Any opinions are welcome!

This is our first time back to CBR in probably 10 years, any suggestions/opinions on which room area to request? There will be 3 adults and 3 children (10 yrs, 6 yrs & 9 months). Any opinions are welcome!

What type of room did you book?

Spent yesterday pricing out every option imaginable for our dates.
Came across the CBR pricing and it works!
Now, I am still confused about this potential GC offer.
Our dates are Jan 3-5 and we are looking at a room only res. I priced with the promo and its 448.22
I haven't booked yet, but would this qualify for the GC offer as well? I thought I read they had stopped offering the GC.

TIA !

Spent yesterday pricing out every option imaginable for our dates.
Came across the CBR pricing and it works!
Now, I am still confused about this potential GC offer.
Our dates are Jan 3-5 and we are looking at a room only res. I priced with the promo and its 448.22
I haven't booked yet, but would this qualify for the GC offer as well? I thought I read they had stopped offering the GC.

TIA !

The GC offer ended about 7 months ago.

Would love some feedback, input....arriving on November 19th with a party of 9. We are requesting 2 rooms (I know, I know not a guarantee, and that's fine if not, its just a "request") DH and I travelling with 7 kids ( 20, 18, 15, 13, 4, 18 mos and 1 yr) ( last 3 are fosters) we booked a preferred room. Wondering which rooms to "request" ( I know, I know. NOT a guarantee, only a request) we definitely would like ( need) a first floor both for strollers ( will have 2, double and single) and I'm going to NEED easy access to LOTS of caffeine ( in diet coke form) so, near a free style machine would be nice...but more important than diet coke ( if that is even possible!) Would be access to a "first" bus. I do not want to be left standing at a bus stop with that many small children while we are trying to get to rope drop. My TA suggested Jamaica? Is that easy access to the first bus pick up? I am not super concerned about looking construction, that won't bug me as much as getting everyone up at 0 dark thirty and having to wait 20 more minutes for a bus. Thanks for your input! We haven't stayed at CBR before! Usually POR.

Would love some feedback, input....arriving on November 19th with a party of 9. We are requesting 2 rooms (I know, I know not a guarantee, and that's fine if not, its just a "request") DH and I travelling with 7 kids ( 20, 18, 15, 13, 4, 18 mos and 1 yr) ( last 3 are fosters) we booked a preferred room. Wondering which rooms to "request" ( I know, I know. NOT a guarantee, only a request) we definitely would like ( need) a first floor both for strollers ( will have 2, double and single) and I'm going to NEED easy access to LOTS of caffeine ( in diet coke form) so, near a free style machine would be nice...but more important than diet coke ( if that is even possible!) Would be access to a "first" bus. I do not want to be left standing at a bus stop with that many small children while we are trying to get to rope drop. My TA suggested Jamaica? Is that easy access to the first bus pick up? I am not super concerned about looking construction, that won't bug me as much as getting everyone up at 0 dark thirty and having to wait 20 more minutes for a bus. Thanks for your input! We haven't stayed at CBR before! Usually POR.

If you booked preferred you will be in Trinidad North or Martinique. Both are very close to food and drinks. Both also are close to 3 bus stops. From recent reports you should not have trouble getting on the first bus. In general CBR does not have that problem like POR does. I would make your only request "ground floor".

If you booked preferred you will be in Trinidad North or Martinique. Both are very close to food and drinks. Both also are close to 3 bus stops. From recent reports you should not have trouble getting on the first bus. In general CBR does not have that problem like POR does. I would make your only request "ground floor".
Thank you so much! I am excited for our trip, but a bit nervous too...bringing all the little peeps! Thanks for helping me feel better about the busses!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter