Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

It is just that I read here that about half the time people's room requests are ignored. They have to re-request at check in..

Not ignored, just sometimes they can't be fulfilled when the room is first assigned. But things change between then and arrival day.

I guess my only question is about the main pool, will it be shut down this year? I dont care about the gift shop, wont use the dining tent, dont mind not having a central building, but the main pool, that would be the only reason I'd ditch and stay somewhere else.

Is that in the plans to be closed down before the end of the year?

All of Trinidad North and Martinique, the 2 Villages on the same side of the lake as the Main Feature Pool, have Preferred King and Water View rooms. So if you booked a Standard room, you will be on the other Side of the Lake in either Aruba or Jamaica. We really like Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Some of those rooms are actually closer than some of the Preferred rooms in Trinidad North and Maritnique

Martinique has reverted to Standard not Preferred during the construction, no?

I just got my 10 day out e-mail from CBR woot woot....

Funny part of the e-mail is that it still says ...

"If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to the Old Port Royale Food Court (open from 6:30 a.m. until 11 p.m.)."

You would think they could change their automated response system to reflect the current situation? This is the digital age now, not like it's a pre-printed flyer or something to mail out.

It's best to call at least 4-5 days out. 407-W-DISNEY is the number you should call. Unless you booked through a Travel Agent then they own the reservation and have to call for you.
UGH>>>>so I can't call and ask for a ground floor room if we booked with a TA? I have already told her to request as we will have a special needs stroller that is WAY to big and bulky to carry up stairs....she told us to call and tell them as well o_O

UGH>>>>so I can't call and ask for a ground floor room if we booked with a TA? I have already told her to request as we will have a special needs stroller that is WAY to big and bulky to carry up stairs....she told us to call and tell them as well o_O

No. The TA owns the reservation so they have to.

Your travel agent should have offered to do that for you!

Alrighty folks, the first post has been updated to include new info and reviews. Thanks to all who have posted and continue to post, most questions are answered in the first post or in the informational posts that begin this thread. If you have questions that aren't addressed there, feel free to post them. Everyone here is more than willing to help you out!

Hi, I am still trying to decide which resort.
While construction has been going on, does it feel like not as many people are staying here or does it seem the same. I was thinking about POR, but feel it may be super busy due to the construction going on at CBR & CSR.
I wouldn't mind staying at CBR if there were less people.

Anyone that has been during construction, did you notice.

We checked in this morning and I have a few notes from our first day:

-check in took a long time. Not that there was a long line in front of us but our time with the cast member was probably close to 30 minutes. Our room wasn't ready and so she said she could look for one that was and that took a while. It turns out she was searching and searching for one on the ground floor...which we never requested. So as soon as we said we were fine on the 2nd floor then we got a room.
-we got our gift card no problem. We also got a set of two pins that were waiting in our room.
-the cast member at the front desk set us up with bell services to get to our room (I'm not certain if this is normal or not). After about 10 mins of waiting a gentleman named Tom (Tim?) picked us up and drove us back to our room which was in Aruba 56. On the way he pointed out the important parts of the resort. Once at our building he took the time to show us how to get to our bus stop and how to get to Centertown. This was so helpful and I've never had anyone do that for me so it was a great experience!
-we had the a la carte lunch from the tent which wasn't terrible. My biggest downer was you can't customize. So I had the watermelon salad which comes with tomatoes. I hate tomatoes so I requested without. The CM at the register said she would note it but that they probably wouldn't pay attention. Sure enough I got my salad with tomatoes. Not a huge deal since I was able to pick them off but a little annoying.
-it's definitely impossible to ignore the construction. Will it impact my stay? I think not. But is it highly visible and sometimes audible? Absolutely.

Anyway we are here four more nights so let me know if you have any questions!

We checked in this morning and I have a few notes from our first day:

-check in took a long time. Not that there was a long line in front of us but our time with the cast member was probably close to 30 minutes. Our room wasn't ready and so she said she could look for one that was and that took a while. It turns out she was searching and searching for one on the ground floor...which we never requested. So as soon as we said we were fine on the 2nd floor then we got a room.
-we got our gift card no problem. We also got a set of two pins that were waiting in our room.
-the cast member at the front desk set us up with bell services to get to our room (I'm not certain if this is normal or not). After about 10 mins of waiting a gentleman named Tom (Tim?) picked us up and drove us back to our room which was in Aruba 56. On the way he pointed out the important parts of the resort. Once at our building he took the time to show us how to get to our bus stop and how to get to Centertown. This was so helpful and I've never had anyone do that for me so it was a great experience!
-we had the a la carte lunch from the tent which wasn't terrible. My biggest downer was you can't customize. So I had the watermelon salad which comes with tomatoes. I hate tomatoes so I requested without. The CM at the register said she would note it but that they probably wouldn't pay attention. Sure enough I got my salad with tomatoes. Not a huge deal since I was able to pick them off but a little annoying.
-it's definitely impossible to ignore the construction. Will it impact my stay? I think not. But is it highly visible and sometimes audible? Absolutely.

Anyway we are here four more nights so let me know if you have any questions!
Was the gift card offered as part of your booking? Or was it for foregoing the mousekeeping?

Just came back from a week long stay at CBR and we loved it! We were in Aruba and close to a Freestyle Coke machine and the Island Market. We loved both of those... we had a rental car so would drive to the parking closest to Centertown and used the pool there and the kids area and the Cabana bar and the buffet and could fill up our mugs there as well! They had texted us earlier in the day that our room was ready but we stopped at the Custom House for our construction $75 per night gift card and it was waiting for us and we also had a pin set waiting in the room for us... the construction didn't bother us at all and really did not affect our vacation there at all..
Was the gift card part of the booking or was it something anyone staying could request?

I guess my only question is about the main pool, will it be shut down this year? I dont care about the gift shop, wont use the dining tent, dont mind not having a central building, but the main pool, that would be the only reason I'd ditch and stay somewhere else.

Is that in the plans to be closed down before the end of the year?
There has been no indication that the Pool will be closed at any point during the construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter