Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

There were several food items I/we liked being offered in the Island Markets. Also, wanted to pick up our mugs. Do any of you know which building in TS has their Island Market? Are the Island Markets better supplied now than there were in May...if you know. Thanks.

Checked in today. First time here. Got Aruba 53. Surprised at the size of the property but yes the construction is everywhere.

Did online check in, but stopped at CH anyway hoping for GCs. Note I reserved after GC promo ended so wasn't hoping for anything. And no GCs so didn't even bother asking. No offer to decline housekeeping either. Pins were waiting for us in the room. Exploring more tomorrow.

Last edited:
So, can anyone please give me buildings/areas to "request"? We have never stayed at CBR before, usually always at POR. We were at POP but realized the double beds and smaller rooms just weren't going to cut it! We are bringing 9 people, 4 adults ( me and hubby and 20 d's 18 dd) and the 15 dd, 13ds, 4fd, 18 month old fs, and 12 month old fs. We will have a crib in each room. ( hopefully rooms Will connect, but I know that's not guaranteed) We really need a first floor room due to the strollers, and my only other request is near a drink station. Kids will want to swim, and near the bus would also be nice. Will not be eating at the resort so no need to be close to restaurants for that reason. Would live some suggestions from those of you that know the resort best!

So, can anyone please give me buildings/areas to "request"? We have never stayed at CBR before, usually always at POR. We were at POP but realized the double beds and smaller rooms just weren't going to cut it! We are bringing 9 people, 4 adults ( me and hubby and 20 d's 18 dd) and the 15 dd, 13ds, 4fd, 18 month old fs, and 12 month old fs. We will have a crib in each room. ( hopefully rooms Will connect, but I know that's not guaranteed) We really need a first floor room due to the strollers, and my only other request is near a drink station. Kids will want to swim, and near the bus would also be nice. Will not be eating at the resort so no need to be close to restaurants for that reason. Would live some suggestions from those of you that know the resort best!

Every village has it's own bus stop so you won't be far from one no matter where your room is. Our favorites are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both locations are away from the construction yet a short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature pool.

Every village has it's own bus stop so you won't be far from one no matter where your room is. Our favorites are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both locations are away from the construction yet a short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature pool.
Thank you!!

D8 and I just back from 5 night stay in a King bedroom. We did have the AP discount and the gift card, so despite the construction staying at CBR again was by far the best deal. We were in Jamaica 46. I originally had requested second floor, Jamaica or Trinidad North. Morning received email with room assignment and it was for the first floor. I called the number on the email and asked about second floor. I was on hold for about 10 minutes and they came back and had moved us up. I know Jamaica 46 is not as frequently requested as 45 but from my perspective it was just as good. Advantage was there was a freestyle machine close by. It was also close to transportation.

We did swim and at the 2:00 dance party characters were out.

Busses were pretty good but we did wait about 45 minutes for Epcot one day early evening.

We were there in May and it is amazing the progress they have done. Barbados is definitely history. No new building yet but lot of big equipment moving dirt.

We received the pins and a flyer about the gondola system.

If you are a frequent visitor and just want a room and resort much nicer than the values I still recommend CBR. If you are a not as frequent and are looking for more of a resort experience I might look elsewhere. I will say as stated above that there is a lot of construction at WDW right now so the construction at CBR is not at all abnormal.

I can try to answer if any questions.

I have a booking with a CM discount for Sep. 29 to Oct. 5. First time in CBR and not really concerned about the construction. But the only reservation available at the time was for 2 queen beds. Would really like to get a king room. Is there any village/building that we might be more likely to get that request honored? Also, is it best to call reservations to make that request, or do the online check-in?

I have a booking with a CM discount for Sep. 29 to Oct. 5. First time in CBR and not really concerned about the construction. But the only reservation available at the time was for 2 queen beds. Would really like to get a king room. Is there any village/building that we might be more likely to get that request honored? Also, is it best to call reservations to make that request, or do the online check-in?

A King room is not something you can request, it has to be booked. It's not an option during Online Check In, if you call the CM won't add it to your reservation as it's not a valid request.

A King room is not something you can request, it has to be booked. It's not an option during Online Check In, if you call the CM won't add it to your reservation as it's not a valid request.

Thanks! I wonder if there'd be any use requesting an upgrade and paying for it?

@kmc8826, thanks for your review. My sister, sister-in-law, niece and I are staying at CBR 11/8-11/13 and your review confirms our instinct that it's still worth it to stay at CBR if we're only really using the resort to sleep and for a few swims. We'll be spending most of our time in the parks, particularly to enjoy the F&W Festival, and the $75 gift card per night was a great perk for us to book here. From all that I've read, most people that did not plan on spending lots of time at the resort eating and hanging out are having wonderful experiences. I'm glad to hear that you did, too! See you in 83 days, CBR!!

D8 and I were in the King room because that was all that was available for my dates and with the AP discount. I checked periodically leading up to the trip too see if a standard (cheaper) room would open up and it did never did.

Yes, for a place where you are just going to be enjoying the parks and maybe swim a little CBR is perfect. I still like the location to the parks better than the other moderates. (At most we will go to AK once a trip).

In May myself and the three girls stayed with my parents at CBR. Connecting rooms in Aruba. My parents came over last night and my Dad was saying again how much he "really liked CBR." His only other on property experience was at Pop. For him, the construction was a non issue (other than the gift card perk). He just enjoyed the atmosphere and the rooms. In May he was also in a standard room with the pull down bed. I imagine if he had been in a King bed room (which is their usual preference) he would have really been in love.

There were several food items I/we liked being offered in the Island Markets. Also, wanted to pick up our mugs. Do any of you know which building in TS has their Island Market? Are the Island Markets better supplied now than there were in May...if you know. Thanks.
There is no island market at TS. Think there's one in TN, but we never went to it.

D8 and I just back from 5 night stay in a King bedroom. We did have the AP discount and the gift card, so despite the construction staying at CBR again was by far the best deal. We were in Jamaica 46. I originally had requested second floor, Jamaica or Trinidad North. Morning received email with room assignment and it was for the first floor. I called the number on the email and asked about second floor. I was on hold for about 10 minutes and they came back and had moved us up. I know Jamaica 46 is not as frequently requested as 45 but from my perspective it was just as good. Advantage was there was a freestyle machine close by. It was also close to transportation.

We did swim and at the 2:00 dance party characters were out.

Busses were pretty good but we did wait about 45 minutes for Epcot one day early evening.

We were there in May and it is amazing the progress they have done. Barbados is definitely history. No new building yet but lot of big equipment moving dirt.

We received the pins and a flyer about the gondola system.

If you are a frequent visitor and just want a room and resort much nicer than the values I still recommend CBR. If you are a not as frequent and are looking for more of a resort experience I might look elsewhere. I will say as stated above that there is a lot of construction at WDW right now so the construction at CBR is not at all abnormal.

I can try to answer if any questions.
Just back myself, and I can attest to the construction all over Disney property. I thought the CBR construction was pretty mild compared to the rest of the World. I don't now what CBR was like a few months back, it might have been more disruptive, but when we were there, no. Also, the construction around Disney didn't really bother us or get in the way, just mostly an eyesore. Not sure what it will be like a few months from now. Also, wahhhh I want to go back right now :sad: My DBF is going in October and I envy him having it all ahead of him :upsidedow

We will be checking in on Sept 22 with a standard room. What would be the best area to request? We will have a car so proximity to bus stop is not a priority. We would like something close to a pool - doesn't need to be the main pool. We would also like something close to the Coke Freestyle machines.

Thanks for any help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter