Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I asked a CM at the Custom House, what would be going on at the resort next spring construction wise. She pretty much told us what we already know--it's gonna take about 18-24 months to complete this massive project. That CBR is experiencing the most extensive construction of any resort on the property. Shutters is going to be down by the beach and check in will be at the new OPR (or whatever they decide to call it). The gondola station will be where the Custom House is now, yada, yada, yada. So apparently those going next spring, looking at you GoofyGraham, will most likely see new stages of construction, as it's gonna take almost two years to complete. I'm thinking it will be around the halfway point by then, going by the timeline given. You may see/experience something different than those of us who went this summer/fall, maybe more structures going up. OPR is still standing but the roof is kinda torn up, not sure what they're gonna do there. TS, near the pool, is undergoing some kind of maintenance/construction as we saw backhoes and workers, don't what they're doing and I didn't ask. Why? I don't know :rolleyes1 For us, the construction wasn't a problem, but like anything else, it's subjective. We ate at the buffet twice, breakfast both times, on our first and last mornings there. All other days we ate at the food truck. Food was fine, and what we expected, again subjective. We stayed at TS pirate room, it's a fun room, but it does have full beds, not queen. We stayed in building 35 with a water view, nice but it was a small hike from the parking lot, not bad though. If I had to make a request for a building in TS, I think I'd pick 34. It contains that much heralded and sought after freestyle machine :stir: We hiked over there every night and morning, and that wasn't a problem, but I envied those who had rooms near it :laughing: One night, most of the beverages were out, so we had to hoof it to building 38 to the other freestyle machine--pretty far from 34. This is why I thought 36 should have one but they don't, at least not yet. This walking all over shouldn't have been a problem for us, as we had already walked about ten miles everyday at the parks :scratchin not that my feet felt like lead or anything...yep my own little first world problem there :goodvibes We got a gift card for seven nights and it covered most of our meals/snacks. Five of us ate at the Biergarten for dinner (The three of us and two family members who live in the area). We only had to pay $18 out of pocket for the meal:woohoo:We also ate at Marrakesh and Liberty Tree Tavern. We killed the card at Biergarten, but it went a long way. We didn't get the cooler bag, but we got the little pins. We had a blast and sorry it's over. We have zero regrets staying at CBR and would do it again. As I said, everything is subjective and others may see things differently. People have to experience it for themselves and form their own opinions. Chances are, we will stay at a different resort on our next trip, but only because we like to change around. It's a very pretty resort overall, there are fences up and lots of construction equipment, but I never heard any noise. When you guys go, watch where you walk, there are lizards everywhere, and they don't always make it across the sidewalk :scared1: For those of you heading to CBR, have a great trip and happy trails :umbrella:
Thanks Mr Sez. Can't wait for my visit, if I win the lottery I'll visit much sooner.

I'm 70 days out from my visit. I'm meeting other family members and we are all staying at CBR. We have linked our reservations together but when can I put in a room request and where should I request?

I'm 70 days out from my visit. I'm meeting other family members and we are all staying at CBR. We have linked our reservations together but when can I put in a room request and where should I request?

You can add room requests via phone any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days before you arrive. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Our 2 favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51.

TS, near the pool, is undergoing some kind of maintenance/construction as we saw backhoes and workers, don't what they're doing and I didn't ask. Why? I don't know

There were reports earlier this year that TS would be getting a "walk-up QS window",but FWIW a CM told me that this 'construction" by the Pool is not for a food location but some sort of "pipe maintenance".:)

There were reports earlier this year that TS would be getting a "walk-up QS window",but FWIW a CM told me that this 'construction" by the Pool is not for a food location but some sort of "pipe maintenance".:)
I'd rather have the QS window!

Check In Questions:

We are 28 days out and could check in on line but want to make sure we get our gift card that we are qualified for... We have our own rental car...

Is there parking by the check in location?

Is check in location Custom House? (Saw something about someone saying walking from custom house is a bad idea)

Where is the check in location compared to the rooms?

Where do you pick up your gift cards? I assume at check in location?!

Thanks everyone, getting really excited!

Check In Questions:

We are 28 days out and could check in on line but want to make sure we get our gift card that we are qualified for... We have our own rental car...

Is there parking by the check in location?

Is check in location Custom House? (Saw something about someone saying walking from custom house is a bad idea)

Where is the check in location compared to the rooms?

Where do you pick up your gift cards? I assume at check in location?!

Thanks everyone, getting really excited!
Yes, you check in at Custom House. This is where you get the gift card. Doing online check in will have no impact on this at all.
You can not walk from CH to the rooms. Not that it's a bad idea, you can't do it. The bridge is gone, there is no way to walk. You must take a bus or if it's outside the bus hours, a shuttle will be provided

Yes, you check in at Custom House. This is where you get the gift card. Doing online check in will have no impact on this at all.
You can not walk from CH to the rooms. Not that it's a bad idea, you can't do it. The bridge is gone, there is no way to walk. You must take a bus or if it's outside the bus hours, a shuttle will be provided

Is there parking by custom house, we have a rental car and would take that if there is parking.

Has anyone successfully asked guest services at check in for a gift card that did not qualify? Quite honestly I'm a bit bummed. We made our reservations 2 days after the cut off. I'm not even sure I knew about the construction at that point. I tend to stay away from the boards when I'm not in trip planning mode. I know I wasn't told when I booked. We just stay at CBR or POP every trip. If I had known about the construction and that we missed the gift card I would have booked POP. Sigh......

Is there parking by custom house, we have a rental car and would take that if there is parking.

Easy parking by the Custom House. We came late Friday night, parking by the CH was the least of my troubles after navigating here with my mapquest being screwy. For future reference trying to drive in the dark with an 8 year old as the navigator is not the best plan ever.

You can do online check in but still need to stop by to get the gift card. The gift cards are prepared ahead of time and in the back. That has been my exprience both in May and now in August. I don't think it would do any good to try to talk them into giving you one if you didn't qualify. They have it in the envelope in the back, you have to open it and take it off to even see the amount.

Easy parking by the Custom House. We came late Friday night, parking by the CH was the least of my troubles after navigating here with my mapquest being screwy. For future reference trying to drive in the dark with an 8 year old as the navigator is not the best plan ever.

You can do online check in but still need to stop by to get the gift card. The gift cards are prepared ahead of time and in the back. That has been my exprience both in May and now in August. I don't think it would do any good to try to talk them into giving you one if you didn't qualify. They have it in the envelope in the back, you have to open it and take it off to even see the amount.
I've read somewhere that the gift cards are prepared somewhere off site and brought to the resort each day so speaking to the staff at the resort doesn't help as they are not the ones who can give you a gift card. They can't go on the back and get one. It's all done off site

Used reward points and booked a stay for CB for end of October - Food and Wine! Never been to this resort. Excited and a little nervous about the construction but for what I paid - which was basically nothing cash-wise - I guess it will be a win-win! Been reading this thread - lots of great tips.

Stayed at CBR for a week this May and tonight DH said I should look into booking a return trip yet this year. After looking online, CBR had zero availability....the only available resort for a reasonable rate during Thanksgiving week was at POP. Called to book and CM sprinkled some pixie dust and now we are booked at CBR. I think I'll keep this to myself and let DH be surprised since CBR is his favorite.

Used reward points and booked a stay for CB for end of October - Food and Wine! Never been to this resort. Excited and a little nervous about the construction but for what I paid - which was basically nothing cash-wise - I guess it will be a win-win! Been reading this thread - lots of great tips.
Just got back and construction was not a problem for us. There seems to be quite a bit of construction beyond CBR gates however. It's all over Disney property, but didn't really get in our way. It was rather an eyesore--road construction and some other work. Does anyone know beyond roadwork, what all the construction is about? Not CBR, but Disney World in general. They could build a fifth gate with the $$ they're spending on construction :rolleyes1 Oh I would love to do food and wine, but my calendar doesn't allow for travel beyond mid August right now. They had put up all the little booths around World Showcase, and one word--Jealous :joker: My DBF will be there in October for F&W--double jealous! Hope you have a great trip GlamMistress pixiedust:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter