Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yes,DHS is just a hop,skip and Gondola ride away from Jamaica!:)

I pulled it up on google maps and saw a lot of trees in between so I was surprised that you could see and HEAR it...

As you can tell by my profile pic anything Star Wars peeks my interest... Hubby and I are members of the 501st and have marched for Disney during SWW. We have also seen this first work show several times and love it.

Oh my gosh, that hammock is yours(s)?!? [plural?] I thought it was mine! Anyway, you all can use it for now. It's already into the "too hot to handle" season for this northern boy. I'm more of a November through April kind of guy and besides, we're taking a break while all the construction (CBR and parks) gets done. @mickeystoontown, sorry about your missing out on WDW. Things certainly come up sometimes.

I'm gonna steal it from all youse guys!! beware!!

Now I'll preface this by saying we don't land till 9:30 so it's no big deal but we don't have our room number yet. Not on MDE or by text. Granted, since we arrive on ME they know what time we arrive so I'm sure that's why. But we have arrived this late staying at other resorts many other times and always had our room number by now. Find it curious more than anything

Now I'll preface this by saying we don't land till 9:30 so it's no big deal but we don't have our room number yet. Not on MDE or by text. Granted, since we arrive on ME they know what time we arrive so I'm sure that's why. But we have arrived this late staying at other resorts many other times and always had our room number by now. Find it curious more than anything

Safe travels! Can't wait to hear your updates... We'll be airborne 20 days from now...:cool1:

Curious but not surprising. Nobody can figure out how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who doesn't. Your experience just drives that point home and shows that it is still a crap shoot. Hope you have an awesome trip!

I took the first response "by me" as being a first hand account from CBR.

Now, after reading the second response, I guess that was just the poster's hometown and CBR freestyles do NOT have iced tea as an option...

nor has anyone posted confirmed availability anywhere at CBR since refurb started.

When I wrote "by me", I mean my local Burger King. Although, before I posted, I pulled up the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine website and entered the zip code for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. That led me to a map where I clicked and got the list of available beverages. Perhaps the website isn't updated or they simply list all the possible choices.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer. Iced tea (and particularly sweet tea) is a staple here in Florida. It seems wildly odd that they wouldn't have it in the Coke machines.

I have a family of 4. This includes a 18yr old and a 22 yr old. CBR is a one night stay before 5 nights at BWV, a gift from DVC grandparents, and then a night at POR. I will have a scooter because my recover from bone spur removal on my ankle did not go well. The 18yr old will be in a wheelchair because of some special needs. I booked a preferred room. The TA put in a request for a 1st floor due to the wheelchair since their are no elevators. With these circumstances should I request a specific building? This one day at CBR is a hang out at the resort day. In the late afternoon we are going to Disney springs for dinner.

Wishing you a wonderful trip. Please if possible please post lots of information about CBR. Especially if the buses are full and you have to wait for the next bus on the way to the parks. I do not mind waiting for buses at the parks to leave but I do like to get on them right away in the morning. Have fun!

Especially if the buses are full and you have to wait for the next bus on the way to the parks.
The only time we have been on a full bus so far was going to the final Wishes-EVERYBODY wanted to go to that.

The "loss" of Barbados and part of Martinique has reduced the bus "demand" significantly.:)

The only time we have been on a full bus so far was going to the final Wishes-EVERYBODY wanted to go to that.

The "loss" of Barbados and part of Martinique has reduced the bus "demand" significantly.:)
That will be great! We are staying there Dec 9. I know I stayed there about 15 years ago but I really do not remember that much about the resort. I obviously did not have any issues back then or I would have remembered. CBR is very beautiful.

Yes, the demand is reduced but I wonder if the number of busses are reduced proportionately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!