Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

(Just a note-the beverage Station in Centertown Buffet is NOT chip-activated-the freestyle machines ARE chip-activated.)

So I can grab a quick cup a joe in the am outside the buffet without paying for it???? I don't understand??

I see every one today at CBR got a letter inviting them to a free showing of the new movie Pirates of the Caribbean in the theater in Disney Springs next week. On a first come first served basis..they had to register at concierge ...that was a nice gesture for sure on Disneys part.
I think we will see little extras like this throughout the refurb as Disney tries to "take care" of CBR Guests.

We have really enjoyed and appreciated the addition of the nightly Bands.(The Tropicals is our favorite Band).:)

Is this a 2nd letter? The one I saw was only for guests in the Pirate rooms. On the 20th. I was bummed as we arrive on the 24th, and aren't in a Pirate room either. Still, a very nice gesture for sure.
Its definitely for the 20th...shes in Aruba. What a bummer you will just miss it!! ugh

Its definitely for the 20th...shes in Aruba. What a bummer you will just miss it!! ugh
Interesting. The letter I saw was for Pirate rooms only. They may have 2 different screenings
Yeah, I was bummed but, oh well. We'll be there for the Dis Party, can't have both ;)

Interesting update
We are due to arrive on Wednesday next week. Preferred Room booked
I guess the room assigners received our room info today. I had entered Martinque after much back and forth on what we'd rather have. Really didn't care one way or another too much. Mostly want a fold down bed if at all possible.
I got an email from them that informed me that Martinque was no longer Preferred, only Trinadad North 31, 32 and 33 are consider Preferred now.
Did they give you your room assignments now too?

A quick question re the Coke freestyle machine - Does anyone know if caffeine free diet coke is available? Thanks much

Did they give you your room assignments now too?
Not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean a week in advance. No. I'll get it on Wednesday (arrival day) just like always
Room assigners have always gotten a list of guests about a week in advance, that's when they start to assign rooms, always has been. But you are never given your room number until the room is cleared and ready for occupancy and that will not ever happen until the day you arrive

I have a question for those staying there right now. I thought about sending an email to ask, but figured I'd get a quicker response here. I remember reading the Calypso trading post had a pin board that was open at night I want to say around 7 or 7:30 for trading. I know the trading post is gone, but does anyone know if they happened to move the board to somewhere else at the resort? I've searched online and haven't been able to find anything on it.

I have a question for those staying there right now. I thought about sending an email to ask, but figured I'd get a quicker response here. I remember reading the Calypso trading post had a pin board that was open at night I want to say around 7 or 7:30 for trading. I know the trading post is gone, but does anyone know if they happened to move the board to somewhere else at the resort? I've searched online and haven't been able to find anything on it.
I haven't seen it anywhere.

Now that I think about it,I "think" there was a small Pin Board in Island Market Jamaica the other day.
Woot! Hoping this is the case. DH and DS got into pin trading after our last trip and got really excited when I mentioned CBR had their own board. This was before they announced all the construction so I wasn't sure if it was still there.

Any recommendations for a building request for someone traveling solo in June, who's familiar w/ getting around WDW but never been to CBR? Are any rooms renovated yet?

Is the construction going to be taking place in the same area until 2018 or are different parts of the resort going to be worked on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter