Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

The map for CBR on MDE is updated. Barbados, part of Martinique, and OPR are gone.

"Now ya sees it, now ya don't!" I'm conflicted. Not sure how I feel about what's happening to my favourite resort. I'm guess I'll have to see what it's like once it's done.

As long as the pool stays open I really don't care about the construction. Really loving the fact that there will be less people there than usual and maybe make the busses less crowded.

Less people and less crowds (hopefully). Does it also mean less stops? If the buildings are closed then the stops will not be in operation right?!?

As long as the pool stays open I really don't care about the construction. Really loving the fact that there will be less people there than usual and maybe make the busses less crowded.

Oh the pool bar will be open!

I'd say the bartender will be burning up the plastic on those construction gift cards.

Who needs earplugs when they have alcohol?

Wondering if the removing the road is correct will the buses not be able to go all the way around? Interesting to hear all the changes. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Food tent? I'm glad my DH wanted to upgrade to deluxe plan. I'll do all my eating in the parks and Disney springs. lol

Less people and less crowds (hopefully). Does it also mean less stops? If the buildings are closed then the stops will not be in operation right?!?
I'd guess that only the Barbados stop is gone but that's nothing but a guess on my part
They'd still need all the others

I lucked out in to some folks cancelling rooms! DGD and I are arriving late on the 24th, instead of with DH on the 26th. I had us in an AS for 1 night, then AKL (bunk bed for DGD) and then we'd move to CBR for the rest of the trip. I have checked every day to add on days to the front of our trip, so we could keep our original reservation and the gift card. Finally today, 2 more nights opened up so we can now stay in 1 place AND get 2 more nights gift card. By the time I figure in the gift card the night at CBR is the same as the night at ASMo and we get a MUCH nicer room/resort.
So you are going to get gift cards for your additional nights? How did you do that? I was thinking of adding at least one more night on either end. Did you do a separate reservation? Also, did you call to do this and they said you'd get the gift cards with it? Sorry, for all the questions! I'd love to add on especially if they'd let me have a gift card for added night (yes, I already have the email and booked before cut off) Thanks!

Hello everyone! So excited to be joining the CBR group :jumping1: We are booked to arrive Setember 30 for 7 fabulous nights of free dining! We also booked before the cut off so we have the $75/ night gift card. I have a question for those in the know about these gift cards. Do you know if they can be used to upgrade tickets after check in? Say for example if we have 2 day park hoppers, can we mosey over to concierge and use them towards upping them to a 4 day park hopper?

Also, this is our first time at CBR, we usually cruise on by and park ourselves at POR or POFQ, but decided to change it up for this trip....what is your favourite thing about CBR? Any little tips or secrets about CBR that you find make it extra special? So excited to try something new, I don't want to miss out on anything!

Thanks for your input:thanks:

So you are going to get gift cards for your additional nights? How did you do that? I was thinking of adding at least one more night on either end. Did you do a separate reservation? Also, did you call to do this and they said you'd get the gift cards with it? Sorry, for all the questions! I'd love to add on especially if they'd let me have a gift card for added night (yes, I already have the email and booked before cut off) Thanks!

I added a night to our reservation and they said we would get the gift card. The key is to have the reservation number stay the same. If it lets you try to do it online, if not you can call. If you do a separate reservation now there would not be a gift card.

Hello everyone! So excited to be joining the CBR group :jumping1: We are booked to arrive Setember 30 for 7 fabulous nights of free dining! We also booked before the cut off so we have the $75/ night gift card. I have a question for those in the know about these gift cards. Do you know if they can be used to upgrade tickets after check in? Say for example if we have 2 day park hoppers, can we mosey over to concierge and use them towards upping them to a 4 day park hopper?

Also, this is our first time at CBR, we usually cruise on by and park ourselves at POR or POFQ, but decided to change it up for this trip....what is your favourite thing about CBR? Any little tips or secrets about CBR that you find make it extra special? So excited to try something new, I don't want to miss out on anything!

Thanks for your input:thanks:
Yes the gift card can be used to upgrade tickets. Someone just used them toward an AP upgrade the other day.

Update - They are having a soft opening today only for Disney execs for the dinner buffet. Approx prices will be 13.99 for breakfast and $19.99 for dinner. Firm details will be available tonight after the execs leave. A drink most likely Coke freestyle beverage will come with buffet and no to go option for the buffet. Food will be Carribean inspired. 3 Food trucks will serve breakfast from 7 am -11:30 and lunch/ dinner from 11:30- 9pm. Concierge will be in room 3109. Thanks to Debbie A for keeping my CBR FB group updated. I know many here are anxious so I wanted to share.

Update - They are having a soft opening today only for Disney execs for the dinner buffet. Approx prices will be 13.99 for breakfast and $19.99 for dinner. Firm details will be available tonight after the execs leave. A drink most likely Coke freestyle beverage will come with buffet and no to go option for the buffet. Food will be Carribean inspired. 3 Food trucks will serve breakfast from 7 am -11:30 and lunch/ dinner from 11:30- 9pm. Concierge will be in room 3109. Thanks to Debbie A for keeping my CBR FB group updated. I know many here are anxious so I wanted to share.

Thanks for the information...do you know if the food trucks are going to offer similar fare?

I did get the gift card.
I called to add on to my existing reservation, not a new reservation.
The key is the nights have to be available. I watched and watched online, checking everyday for a room in the category I had booked to open up. As soon as I did I called and she was able to add on the nights to my reservation. Because it remains the same reservation, the gift card remains. If I'd have to add on an additional reservation I wouldn't be getting the gift card. If that makes sense

Yes the gift card can be used to upgrade tickets. Someone just used them toward an AP upgrade the other day.
Just remember that if you start with a 2 day park hopper ticket and then want to upgrade with your gc, you will only have 2 days of fast passes that you can book 60 days out, then can try to get fast passes once you upgrade to more ticket days.

It's in the first post

I along with several others have been told by Disney cast members that the village of Barbados and possibly some of Martinique will be turned into DVC. They wouldn't go so far as to tell us if the buildings will be torn down and rebuilt but that's what the rumor is.
Okay, I thought I heard that was what they were doing, turning some into the DVC. Thanks!

Is Trinidad South getting something for grab & go/food? I thought I read something about it a while back, thats why there is work being done by the pool there i think right? I know there is Island markets in or going in Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique, but curious if still something going in Trinidad south.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!