Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hello, just reading the updated first page and it says the refurb is due to complete June 2018. Is that correct, I thought it was on until 2019.

I have booked from the UK and will be staying Dec 18 so this is great news for me if so.

Also, what's this about gift cards? Are we eligible for the $25 per day or am I too late in booking?

Thank you!!

The gift cards were a perk offered by Disney to guests who booked at CBR by March 19 for stays roughly between April 2018-June 2019 (not sure on those dates, but it's close). So if you booked back in March then you should have received an email from Disney confirming the GC and amount. If you booked after unfortunately you are not eligible for that particular promotion.

Yesterday, the walkways to Custom House were closed - you cannot walk to or from Custom House. You can call for a ride, or take the internal shuttle. Barbados is closed and being emptied, as are the 3 standard buildings in Martinique. There was a pop-up gift shop "truck" parked by the pool last night.

So I've never stayed at CBR, what does the bridge closure cut you off from if you're staying in say Jamaica?

So I've never stayed at CBR, what does the bridge closure cut you off from if you're staying in say Jamaica?

The Custom House is basically the "front desk" of the resort. It is where you would check in but is removed from the main resort area by just a little bit. The different villages are various distances away with Barbados (which is also closed/closing) being the closest and really the only one I would want to walk to schleping luggage. It's not a huge problem since there is an internal resort shuttle that will take you and drop you off at the bus stop for your village.

If you've never been to CBR, don't let the thought of an internal resort bus scare you off. Yes, it is a large, spread out resort but even the farthest room locations are no more than a 10-15 minute walk to the main pool and food area (actually closer since the addition of the village markets because of the construction).

The gift cards were a perk offered by Disney to guests who booked at CBR by March 19 for stays roughly between April 2018-June 2019 (not sure on those dates, but it's close). So if you booked back in March then you should have received an email from Disney confirming the GC and amount. If you booked after unfortunately you are not eligible for that particular promotion.
Actually, stays in 2017 are included in the gift card offer. We made our reservation back in early March for a 14 day trip the end of this month and we receive the gift cards too. The only limiting factor was the reservation had to have been made before March 20.

Actually, stays in 2017 are included in the gift card offer. We made our reservation back in early March for a 14 day trip the end of this month and we receive the gift cards too. The only limiting factor was the reservation had to have been made before March 20.

Oh my gosh total brain fart. That was supposed to be April 2017-June 2018. Good catch!

The bridge is still open.

Sorry... as I said I've never stayed there... I assumed it was the bridge that crosses over the lake... I realize now the original post said 'walkways'.

The Custom House is basically the "front desk" of the resort. It is where you would check in but is removed from the main resort area by just a little bit. The different villages are various distances away with Barbados (which is also closed/closing) being the closest and really the only one I would want to walk to schleping luggage. It's not a huge problem since there is an internal resort shuttle that will take you and drop you off at the bus stop for your village.

If you've never been to CBR, don't let the thought of an internal resort bus scare you off. Yes, it is a large, spread out resort but even the farthest room locations are no more than a 10-15 minute walk to the main pool and food area (actually closer since the addition of the village markets because of the construction).

Thank you for the clarification. So I really only go there for check-in & MDE? I have to say the size of the resort is my biggest concern. Only other moderate I've stayed at is POR (well CSR about 16 years ago), and our first stay I hated our walk... we were one of the furthest RR possible. Our 2nd stay I did preferred to minimize walking.

Sorry... as I said I've never stayed there... I assumed it was the bridge that crosses over the lake... I realize now the original post said 'walkways'.

Thank you for the clarification. So I really only go there for check-in & MDE? I have to say the size of the resort is my biggest concern. Only other moderate I've stayed at is POR (well CSR about 16 years ago), and our first stay I hated our walk... we were one of the furthest RR possible. Our 2nd stay I did preferred to minimize walking.

Yes, all you need custom house for is check-in and Magical Express. After you check-in, they will drive you to your village with any luggage you have on you. The rest will be delivered to your room a few hours later. For check-out/ magical Express, you call the night before check out to schedule a time for them to pick you and your luggage up to take you back to custom house to wait for the Magical Express. You should receive something on your door a day or two before check out to remind you of this. The only other time we needed to go to custom house was toward the end of our trip when our room key card stopped working (this was in 2009 before magic bands), but now that magic bands control room access, that shouldn't be an issue. If it is, I THINK you can just call and have them fix it.

Having stayed at both CBR and POR, CBR is definitely bigger, but it all depends on where you're at in each resort which will determine your walk. Those Royal Rooms at POR are quite a distance from everything. Unless you are in the Pirate rooms, I don't think you will find it to be too bad at CBR. They are getting rid of Barbados which was also a bit of a walk. The bridge from Jamaica/Aruba to Old Port Royale is a fairly quick and beautiful walk.

Does anyone know what the breakfast and dinner buffet include? Hot items like waffles at breakfast and pasta at dinner etc? Just trying to decide if we should upgrade to the regular dining plan. If the buffet is good the kids might just be happy with that!

Does anyone know what the breakfast and dinner buffet include? Hot items like waffles at breakfast and pasta at dinner etc? Just trying to decide if we should upgrade to the regular dining plan. If the buffet is good the kids might just be happy with that!
That info is still not available unfortunately-they are behind schedule building the Dining Hall.:)

I would "think" Disney will put out an awesome Buffet considering the circumstances and that they are making the Dining Hall very nice-we'll see.:)

That info is still not available unfortunately-they are behind schedule building the Dining Hall.:)

I would "think" Disney will put out an awesome Buffet considering the circumstances and that they are making the Dining Hall very nice-we'll see.:)

I am so out of touch with what is going on there right now!! I thought it was already up and running.

Where on the property are they putting the dining hall?

I also think it will be nice and the kids would be just fine eating there a couple of times.

I too would like to know what the cost of buffet will be as we didn't get the FD. It's says it will be a quick service for those that do so hoping price will be reasonable for us paying out of pocket.

I too would like to know what the cost of buffet will be as we didn't get the FD. It's says it will be a quick service for those that do so hoping price will be reasonable for us paying out of pocket.
I'm "THINKING and HOPING" that the price will be EXTREMELY reasonable considering the "inconveniences" we will be putting up with without OPR.

Only CBR Guests can dine there,so they could set the price REAL low it they want to and not "worry" about everybody and their brother running over there to take advantage of the price.

When I checked in yesterday, I asked the front desk about the buffet. I was told it will start on 5/8 and that it will be held under a tent at the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter