Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I would be extremely surprised if any part of OPR opened before the rest of it.

I'm shocked to hear it's November now. I had been in contact with a CM who reached out to me after sending an email with unrelated concerns to the head honchos. At the time she was investigating several things for me and the construction at CBR was one of them. As of December she told me the food court would be open by June while other construction continued. Major bummer to hear this isn't the case now.

In 10 days time we are scheduled to check into the Caribbean Beach Resort. Today I received an email with some "useful" information for my stay. One item that caught my attention was the message that said that if we are hungry, we can head to the Old Port Royale food Court. Has the "tent" been temporarily named the Old Port Royale Food Court, or has the food court actually reopened or scheduled to be reopened by the 10th of March?

Hello L... Family!

Your Walt Disney World vacation is almost here! We have some information we think you will find useful for your stay.

If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to the Old Port Royale Food Court (open from 6:30 a.m. until 11 p.m.).

In 10 days time we are scheduled to check into the Caribbean Beach Resort. Today I received an email with some "useful" information for my stay. One item that caught my attention was the message that said that if we are hungry, we can head to the Old Port Royale food Court. Has the "tent" been temporarily named the Old Port Royale Food Court, or has the food court actually reopened or scheduled to be reopened by the 10th of March?

Hello L... Family!

Your Walt Disney World vacation is almost here! We have some information we think you will find useful for your stay.

If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to the Old Port Royale Food Court (open from 6:30 a.m. until 11 p.m.).

Food tent is still there and Centertown is nowhere near ready to be opened. This would be the 1st time I've seen it referred to as the Old Port Royale Food Court. That's really odd.

We got that same email before our December vacation. I never mentioned it here tho. Just seemed like a form email that they never updated after the construction started.

How much of an issue where the busses for her? Have a preffered for november, but starting to think about a suite at Music

We often stay in Aruba 56 because it's so close to the bus stop but for our upcoming trip I've been thinking about Jamaica 46. I know that the Aruba building will be fairly near the DVC construction, but I'm not sure where the gondola construction is in relation to Jamaica. Which of these would folks here suggest? Or just try for one of @dansdad 's suggested locations nearer the bridge?

We often stay in Aruba 56 because it's so close to the bus stop but for our upcoming trip I've been thinking about Jamaica 46. I know that the Aruba building will be fairly near the DVC construction, but I'm not sure where the gondola construction is in relation to Jamaica. Which of these would folks here suggest? Or just try for one of @dansdad 's suggested locations nearer the bridge?

Having identified dansdads recommendations, I wouldn’t start second guessing an offered opinion by casting for yet more views. You will get some who agree and others who don’t, as can be found in the preceding 432 pages. I’d be more inclined to go with what you know and if the room gives cause for complaint ask for a move and let us know based on your experience.
I’ve never been to CBR and am reliant on other people’s views prior to my arrival, but have to concede that what floats their boat may sink mine.

The same goes for the buses, food provision, construction views/noise etc, I will take it all as I find it once I’ve settled in, and whilst grateful for all of the feedback, photos, opinions and rumours, my choices shall make my holiday. Even if the buses, for example, have issues in April, I will not let it ruin my trip.

I hope you have a nice trip. Warn them I’m coming in April.

Having identified dansdads recommendations, I wouldn’t start second guessing an offered opinion by casting for yet more views. You will get some who agree and others who don’t, as can be found in the preceding 432 pages. I’d be more inclined to go with what you know and if the room gives cause for complaint ask for a move and let us know based on your experience.
I’ve never been to CBR and am reliant on other people’s views prior to my arrival, but have to concede that what floats their boat may sink mine.

The same goes for the buses, food provision, construction views/noise etc, I will take it all as I find it once I’ve settled in, and whilst grateful for all of the feedback, photos, opinions and rumours, my choices shall make my holiday. Even if the buses, for example, have issues in April, I will not let it ruin my trip.

I hope you have a nice trip. Warn them I’m coming in April.
Any problems you may encounter on your first CBR Holiday can be QUICKLY remedied by one of these! .:)

34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

We stayed in Aruba 55 in January and loved it. It was right next to the construction but we barely heard anything. One morning there was about 30 minutes of pounding. Other than that it was quiet. My daughter enjoyed watching the construction from the beach. She loved watching the crane pick up beams. So I think either location would be fine.

Hi - is the main pool with slide open as normal now? We're going April 14-21, 2018. TIA. (I know I should be able to find it in these 433 pages, but I tried and can't! Even searched 2 different ways.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter