Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So correct me if Im wrong...I picked it up as the construction being in the Martinique area only during the summer is that correct? You know we were there last year when they were doing the major refurb on the rooms and painting the buildings..we were in Jamaica and they were working on Aruba and it did not bother us one bit. Believe me if you are in the main pool you will hear nothing but screaming kids..lol Yeah we passed guys painting and one day at the quiet pool we heard some hammering but nothing that bad that it ruined our vacation. As long as the food court is open and the pool is open I dont see what the big deal is and why people are jumping resorts. Maybe we are just not as bothered by it as some people are...I understand some people have to have it perfect and its their choice but you know Disney do a heck of a job hiding construction so Im just not seeing why its such a big deal??

I'll prioritize a review and update our CBR data. In the meantime, if anyone has specific examples of room info that needs updating, please share with me at len at touringplans.com. We'll get those updated as soon as possible, and it'll help other families with their trips. Thanks very much!

We've finished updating our database of CBR's rooms to include the new pull-down child beds. Let me know if anything looks off, please.

I just wanted to add that were were at CB when they were doing hand big room refurbishment and Disney did s great job of keeping the noise down. It wasn't bothersome at all

We were also there during room refurb, and didn't hear anything, even when we walked by those areas. It was nothing you'd hear from the pool. However, I have no idea whether what's going to be happening over the next few months.

So correct me if Im wrong...I picked it up as the construction being in the Martinique area only during the summer is that correct? You know we were there last year when they were doing the major refurb on the rooms and painting the buildings..we were in Jamaica and they were working on Aruba and it did not bother us one bit. Believe me if you are in the main pool you will hear nothing but screaming kids..lol Yeah we passed guys painting and one day at the quiet pool we heard some hammering but nothing that bad that it ruined our vacation. As long as the food court is open and the pool is open I dont see what the big deal is and why people are jumping resorts. Maybe we are just not as bothered by it as some people are...I understand some people have to have it perfect and its their choice but you know Disney do a heck of a job hiding construction so Im just not seeing why its such a big deal??

I agree with this, I'd read that Barbados and Martinique will both be closed after May and thought that's ok I wanted Jamaica anyway and it'll be far enough away from noise etc. However I then read somewhere that the food court, shops and main pool would be affected and that would make me want to switch. (can't remember where I read this, probably another forum)

I spoke to my travel agent today and they're ringing back tomorrow after someone their end has rung CBR so might know more then.

We were thinking of coming for a long memorial day weekend. To do one last visit before major construction because I love CBR so much. (We are going to come for a week April 2018 but staying somewhere else) The only rooms left are pirate rooms. My son will be psyched!!!!! But how is the construction in Trinidad South doing? Anyone there now who can report the progress? If it's just the pool that's ok since we only use the main pool. They aren't messing with the main pool for this new construction are they? I thought it was just Barbados and Martinique. So that means main pool and food court will be open and business as usual? Then I will book for May. But if someone has heard something different from their travel agent please share! I just want main pool and food court to be open!! Is there an end date for Trinidad South? I thought they finished all the pools last year? They were working on pools when we were there in June.

I agree with this, I'd read that Barbados and Martinique will both be closed after May and thought that's ok I wanted Jamaica anyway and it'll be far enough away from noise etc. However I then read somewhere that the food court, shops and main pool would be affected and that would make me want to switch. (can't remember where I read this, probably another forum)

I spoke to my travel agent today and they're ringing back tomorrow after someone their end has rung CBR so might know more then.

If Martinique will be closed after May, will that leave Trinidad North as the only Preferred rooms? My family has booked preferred rooms for June. On the WDW website I noticed this room category is no longer available. Perhaps this explains why this room is listed as "unavailable" for our travel dates when I check the website.

Hi everyone! I'm a CBR newbie - we'll be staying there for the first time for four nights at the beginning of March - can't wait! This thread has been so helpful, and I'm hoping someone can help with my questions about room requests:

1. Do any standard rooms have king sized beds? It's just my husband and I; we booked through Orbitz and it looks like Orbitz requested a king bed, but I have no idea if this is legitimate.
  2. We don't really care where we are in the resort - though from reading this thread, it seems Jamaica has some bus advantages - but we do feel strongly about being far from a designated smoking area, as we both have respiratory issues. Do people have better luck noting something like this through the touring plans fax, online check in, or just calling?
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I'm a CBR newbie - we'll be staying there for the first time for four nights at the beginning of March - can't wait! This thread has been so helpful, and I'm hoping someone can help with my questions about room requests:

1. Do any standard rooms have king sized beds? It's just my husband and I; we booked through Orbitz and it looks like Orbitz requested a king bed, but I have no idea if this is legitimate.
  2. We don't really care where we are in the resort - though from reading this thread, it seems Jamaica has some bus advantages - but we do feel strongly about being far from a designated smoking area, as we both have respiratory issues. Do people have better luck noting something like this through the touring plans fax, online check in, or just calling?
Thanks in advance!

1. At the Moderate resorts a King room is a separate bookable category. So if you want a King room, that is what you have to book. It would be extremely rare for them to upgrade you from a Standard Room to a King Room as the King rooms are about
$30-$45 more per night over a Standard.

2. As long as it's noted on your reservation, how it gets noted makes no difference. We prefer to call the Main Reservations line and add any requests to our reservation.

Ok, so on our check out day I have to go to the Custom House for airline check-in, correct? I have breakfast reservations in Epcot that morning so I'm thinking it's going to be a very early morning for me? How early do I need to ask a bellhop to be at the room to get my bags? They'll take me to the Custom House? What's the closest bus stop for me to get to Epcot then? My reservation is at Garden Grill at 9:30am. TIA.

Ok, so on our check out day I have to go to the Custom House for airline check-in, correct?

Correct.

I have breakfast reservations in Epcot that morning so I'm thinking it's going to be a very early morning for me?

Depends on what you think is early. :)

How early do I need to ask a bellhop to be at the room to get my bags?

If your ADR is for 9:30AM, I would ask Bell Services to pick you and your bags up around 7:45-8:00AM.

They'll take me to the Custom House?

Yup.

What's the closest bus stop for me to get to Epcot then? My reservation is at Garden Grill at 9:30am. TIA.

The Barbados Bus Stop is about 30 yards from the back exit of the Custom House.

Thank you @dansdad for the perfect answers! The last time I stayed at CBR we drove so I'm a little nervous about the extra step with the custom house at check out and check-in, but sounds like it will go smoothly enough. Would you recommend calling Bell Services the night before?

Thank you @dansdad for the perfect answers! The last time I stayed at CBR we drove so I'm a little nervous about the extra step with the custom house at check out and check-in, but sounds like it will go smoothly enough. Would you recommend calling Bell Services the night before?

You're very welcome. It's always gone smoothly for us. I always call the night before to set it up for the next day.

1. At the Moderate resorts a King room is a separate bookable category. So if you want a King room, that is what you have to book. It would be extremely rare for them to upgrade you from a Standard Room to a King Room as the King rooms are about
$30-$45 more per night over a Standard.

2. As long as it's noted on your reservation, how it gets noted makes no difference. We prefer to call the Main Reservations line and add any requests to our reservation.
Thanks so much @dansdad ! If I recall correctly, you typically stay in standard rooms too, correct? May I ask what you request on your reservation?

Appreciate your help! This thread is great.

Thanks so much @dansdad ! If I recall correctly, you typically stay in standard rooms too, correct? May I ask what you request on your reservation?

Appreciate your help! This thread is great.

You're welcome. Yes, we only stay in Standard Rooms. After trying multiple locations, we have found our favorite. Our last 5 trips we have requested "Jamaica 45" and "2nd Floor". We've gotten both every time.

I called the Caribbean today to ask about the construction. The first lady I spoke with was very vague and saying she didn't have the info but told me it had already started. So, I'm thinking if you are actually there, tell me what they are currently doing! But she couldn't. I confirmed I was speaking with someone actually at CBR and so she got someone else to speak with me. That person asked when I was coming which is last week of October. She told me Old Port Royale would be under refurbishment, meaning the food court. She said they would have an alternative available. Couldn't be more specific. For those of you who have stayed here (I never have) and those more familiar with this, care to speculate any from this? What food might actually be offered? Do you think this is actually all that will be affected? Given that we are traveling with several others, and this hotel was our best agreement (compromise, whatever), I really don't want this to be a big deal! But I also know one of the families we are traveling with was going on and on about the food court so I think it may be a big deal to them. Haven't told them yet :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter