Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi! I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried a search, but didn't come up with anything.

Does anybody know if I will be able to string together a 3-4 mile run at Caribbean Beach during the construction? Is there at least a mile of sidewalk I could loop 3-4 times? Barring that, is there a way to leave the resort on foot to sidewalks on the main roads?

Thanks!
You could run from the "far end" of Aruba to the "far end" of Trinidad South back and forth and get a good run.:)

Hi! I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried a search, but didn't come up with anything.

Does anybody know if I will be able to string together a 3-4 mile run at Caribbean Beach during the construction? Is there at least a mile of sidewalk I could loop 3-4 times? Barring that, is there a way to leave the resort on foot to sidewalks on the main roads?

Thanks!
There is a 1.2 mile loop around the lake but I don't know how construction might be messing with it.

I called in yesterday to add a couple of days into our September trip and will be staying at our favorite resort. As I was chatting with the CM about what's going on at the resort she was talking about all they are doing to accommodate guest food wise and mentioned that there is a buffet that is a TS. I told her I thought it was a QS credit and she said that it had recently changed to a TS. Of course I haven't seen anything like that on here but wanted to ask if any one is there now - did it change? Thanks.

Thanks!

Someone in another group said that she went out early in the morning and ran on the road that circles the resort (all still on property). She said that because it was early, she didn't have to deal with cars & buses. She mentioned that because the previous loop around the lake has been shortened, it is REALLY short and you'd be running around this loop quite a few times to get 3-4 miles in.

I'm in the same boat as you - fall race training has started, and I'll be at CBR in 3 weeks. My plan is to try the road first, and see how that goes. If it's too crazy busy with cars/buses, then I'll hop over to the shortened loop around the lake. Good luck!!!

I called in yesterday to add a couple of days into our September trip and will be staying at our favorite resort. As I was chatting with the CM about what's going on at the resort she was talking about all they are doing to accommodate guest food wise and mentioned that there is a buffet that is a TS. I told her I thought it was a QS credit and she said that it had recently changed to a TS. Of course I haven't seen anything like that on here but wanted to ask if any one is there now - did it change? Thanks.

Based on the Disney site it's still a QS (at least at the time of this posting) as shown in the upper right of the menu page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/caribbean-beach-resort/centertown-buffet/menus/dinner/

I will say, based on the reviews here, is that if this is a TS then they're not going to get much business from the Dining Plan patrons.

She mentioned that because the previous loop around the lake has been shortened, it is REALLY short and you'd be running around this loop quite a few times to get 3-4 miles in.

Another option would be to start at the "end" of Aruba,run to the "end" of Trinidad South,turn and run to the "end" of Martinique and then reverse that route-that would be a considerable distance.

Disney "frowns" on Guests being ON the roads at any time.:)

Another option would be to start at the "end" of Aruba,run to the "end" of Trinidad South,turn and run to the "end" of Martinique and then reverse that route-that would be a considerable distance.

Disney "frowns" on Guests being ON the roads at any time.:)
That's what I was thinking. Why not do an out and back? I know it's not as interesting as a loop but it would still be quite a distance, no?

Bahh! That's what I get for trying to help somebody. I just found the correct map for CBR and accidentally deleted it. (I don't think phones have trash cans to recover items out of)
But the 0.6 mile loop at CBR is Trinidad South to Jamaica over the bridge to Trinidad North and continuing around. You could add in an "out and back" at Aruba before crossing the bridge.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1498653525861.jpg
    FB_IMG_1498653525861.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
We're inside of the 60 day mark and I went on MDE to see what the options were for online check in. The only village that was listed was Martinique and the other options were corner room, water view. Does that mean we're upgraded or just a glitch on MDE? Anyone have experience with this? Thank you!!

We're inside of the 60 day mark and I went on MDE to see what the options were for online check in. The only village that was listed was Martinique and the other options were corner room, water view. Does that mean we're upgraded or just a glitch on MDE? Anyone have experience with this? Thank you!!
It's a glitch as it's been that way for awhile. If you want another village, I would call and have them add to your reservation.

If we would like to apply gift cards towards the balance charged on our MagicBands, can we do this at the concierge office in Trinidad North or do we need to go to the Custom House? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, just wanted to tell this story in case it might help someone. We had a CBR Preferred Room booked - 5 people in the room. We were driving down to Disney and at about 1p, I got a phone call from someone at CBR. He said that they were having room inventory issues and did not have a room for us, after all, and would I agree to switch to an AoA Cars suite? Disney would pay the difference in price, etc.

I was bummed to switch, because this trip was supposed to be celebration of surviving this past year of my separation/divorce, and CBR was a new resort to us - no previous memories. We had stayed at AoA Cars back when we were still a family, so I had memories of my husband there, etc. BUT - with 5 people, I figured maybe we would enjoy the extra space at AoA.

However, I had already budgeted for the $75/night gift card for food and such, and I told the person from CBR that - that I would consider the resort switch but that I was going to be over budget due to the lack of gift cards. He immediately said - oh, you can still have your gift cards! No problem! And sure, enough, there was my $375 gift card, waiting for me at check-in for AoA. Disney also helped re-route my Safeway delivery, etc. It was a very smooth transition to AoA and we wound up having a really great time - I think it wound up being a real pixie dust moment, because we did enjoy having some extra space and the kids just love the pools at AoA!

Anyway, just wanted to share so that people know if you are asked to move last minute like this, it doesn't hurt to request to still get the gift card.

Hey guys, just wanted to tell this story in case it might help someone. We had a CBR Preferred Room booked - 5 people in the room. We were driving down to Disney and at about 1p, I got a phone call from someone at CBR. He said that they were having room inventory issues and did not have a room for us, after all, and would I agree to switch to an AoA Cars suite? Disney would pay the difference in price, etc.

I was bummed to switch, because this trip was supposed to be celebration of surviving this past year of my separation/divorce, and CBR was a new resort to us - no previous memories. We had stayed at AoA Cars back when we were still a family, so I had memories of my husband there, etc. BUT - with 5 people, I figured maybe we would enjoy the extra space at AoA.

However, I had already budgeted for the $75/night gift card for food and such, and I told the person from CBR that - that I would consider the resort switch but that I was going to be over budget due to the lack of gift cards. He immediately said - oh, you can still have your gift cards! No problem! And sure, enough, there was my $375 gift card, waiting for me at check-in for AoA. Disney also helped re-route my Safeway delivery, etc. It was a very smooth transition to AoA and we wound up having a really great time - I think it wound up being a real pixie dust moment, because we did enjoy having some extra space and the kids just love the pools at AoA!

Anyway, just wanted to share so that people know if you are asked to move last minute like this, it doesn't hurt to request to still get the gift card.
Great report of great customer service. Glad to hear it is still out there. Seems all anyone wants to report on any more is the bad stuff.

And even happier to hear you had a great trip after a rough year.

Awesome!:)

To me,since DISNEY asked YOU to change Resorts at the last minute and you were expecting a room AND a $75.00 GC per night for the amount you were paying at CBR,it would have been a little "shady" for Disney to deny the GC even though the new room was more expensive-you were still EXPECTING A ROOM AND GC for what you were paying.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter