Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

"Looks" like OPR will definitely not be demolished.

Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort_Full_30404.jpg

It would absolutely make no sense to demo OPR. So glad to see that my belief that they would add more dining and shopping options while refurbishing the existing building may be true. Thanks once again for giving me hope.

So glad to see that my belief that they would add more dining and shopping options while refurbishing the existing building may be true.

Who knows? Personally, I've been wondering about what will be going into that new building that we've all been assuming is a DVC tower. Sure to be multiple dining and shopping experiences there, I'd think.

Who knows? Personally, I've been wondering about what will be going into that new building that we've all been assuming is a DVC tower. Sure to be multiple dining and shopping experiences there, I'd think.

Check In/Out, Bell Services, Concierge will be moving into the OPR building. There is going to be a new waterfront Table Service restaurant plus shopping where the bar used to be and replacing the marina. The DVC Tower will be going where Barbados was and there will be another building where half of Martinique used to be. I have not heard what will be going in there yet.

Last edited:
Question concerning the beds. Can they be moved? Usually when we stay in a hotel with my 2 year old grandson we scoot one bed against the wall and then his mom sleeps with him. It also gives more center floor room. He is trached and vented at night so has quite a bit of medical equipment. We will also have his adaptive stroller and an ECV.

Check In/Out, Bell Services, Concierge will be moving into the OPR building. There is going to be a new waterfront Table Service restaurant plus shopping where the bar used to be and replacing the marina. The DVC Tower will be going where Barbados was and there will be another building where half of Martinique used to be. I have not heard what will be going in there yet.
So what becomes of the Custom House?

I typically stay at POR but opted for CBR with the bounce back offer. Looking at the changes to CBR it's exciting but i'm curious...when my time comes for online check in...where should I request? Which building? It's just two of us. No kids and honestly as long as we have a room (which I know we will) I am ok with it, but as this will be our first time I am just looking for suggestions. We will be there in Dec 2017.

Edit: I know a lot can change between now and Dec and I know that requests are just that requests. Also if it helps we have booked a standard room.

Last edited:
I typically stay at POR but opted for CBR with the bounce back offer. Looking at the changes to CBR it's exciting but i'm curious...when my time comes for online check in...where should I request? Which building? It's just two of us. No kids and honestly as long as we have a room (which I know we will) I am ok with it, but as this will be our first time I am just looking for suggestions. We will be there in Dec 2017.
What category did you book? We had Preferred earlier this month, which is now all in Trinidad North. We got building 31 and just loved that location. We are booked for a King room in August and I've requested 33 this time, also Trinidad North, though I included a note that any King room in Trinidad North would be fine. I really did love that location. It's going to be a quick trip and in the end it won't matter much so I guess I'll take what we get and be happy. Matter of fact, I may switch and decide ready early is more important since our flight lands at 8:30 AM and unless something changes, that area won't be ready early. I'd love to get in our room and get a nap, we just bought tickets to the Halloween Party for that night :crazy2:

What category did you book? We had Preferred earlier this month, which is now all in Trinidad North. We got building 31 and just loved that location. We are booked for a King room in August and I've requested 33 this time, also Trinidad North, though I included a note that any King room in Trinidad North would be fine. I really did love that location. It's going to be a quick trip and in the end it won't matter much so I guess I'll take what we get and be happy. Matter of fact, I may switch and decide ready early is more important since our flight lands at 8:30 AM and unless something changes, that area won't be ready early. I'd love to get in our room and get a nap, we just bought tickets to the Halloween Party for that night :crazy2:

I realized I forgot my category and went back and added it back in. We booked a standard room. At POR we usually have preferred, but I read before that CBR doesn't have preferred buildings - it's the room that are preferred.

I realized I forgot my category and went back and added it back in. We booked a standard room. At POR we usually have preferred, but I read before that CBR doesn't have preferred buildings - it's the room that are preferred.
That's incorrect. CBR has preferred buildings too. All 3 in Trinidad North are. Used to be Martinque too, before construction started.

For Standard most prefer Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45

That's incorrect. CBR has preferred buildings too. All 3 in Trinidad North are. Used to be Martinque too, before construction started.

For Standard most prefer Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45
Angi....I have a king room booked for August. I don't think there's a King Preferred category. Haven't stayed here before,but from what I'm seeing now, Trinidad North seems like a great spot. Yes? Am I correct?

Do I need to call to request Aruba 51 / Jamaica 45 or have they fixed the online glitch? I have a trip coming up August 13 - 20 and have a standard at CBR. Wasn't sure if I could request these locations through online checkin or if I needed to call.

Angi....I have a king room booked for August. I don't think there's a King Preferred category. Haven't stayed here before,but from what I'm seeing now, Trinidad North seems like a great spot. Yes? Am I correct?
Right, no King Preferred, just Preferred in general, King are anywhere, but Pirate. So if you book King you can request anywhere, including Preferred buildings. So we requested Trinidad North. And yes, it is a great location.

Quoting so I can find this late. I just booked a standard room for January/February.

Eta: apparently I'm still trying to figure out how to quote on this board, LOL.

Hi All

I was last on here back in 2015 following our stay at CBR (while the bridge was shut, loved every minute of it).

We are now in the process of planning our next WDW trip for Oct 2018 and I've stumbled upon the refurbs.

Main question is, the posts on page 1 of this thread say that the refurbs are due for completion in June 2018 but I've seen other sites reference a 2 year project starting May 2017 with OPR closed throughout 2018. So, which is likely to be correct?

TIA

Main question is, the posts on page 1 of this thread say that the refurbs are due for completion in June 2018 but I've seen other sites reference a 2 year project starting May 2017 with OPR closed throughout 2018. So, which is likely to be correct?

TIA

From Undercover Tourist, I found this:
  • May 1, 2017- June 30, 2018: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed. There will be a variety of dining options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner and a selection of grab-and-go meals will be available for purchase in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Maritnique regions of the resort.
The Disney page where you can make reservations doesn't specify an end date. I'm not sure Disney has indicated a specific end date (just an approximation) due to the nature of construction projects, weather delays, and other factors. (Reference Parade of Lights and all the delays they had with that.) It's too early to say whether all of the updates will be completed by October 2018.

From Undercover Tourist, I found this:
  • May 1, 2017- June 30, 2018: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed. There will be a variety of dining options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner and a selection of grab-and-go meals will be available for purchase in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Maritnique regions of the resort.
The Disney page where you can make reservations doesn't specify an end date. I'm not sure Disney has indicated a specific end date (just an approximation) due to the nature of construction projects, weather delays, and other factors. (Reference Parade of Lights and all the delays they had with that.) It's too early to say whether all of the updates will be completed by October 2018.
Thanks for replying.

This is one of the contradicting posts I've seen, (from wdwinfo.com)

• Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- The resort will be undergoing many refurbishment projects starting mid May 2017 for 2 years. Several villages within the resort will not be available. Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed starting 5/2017- through 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!