Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Will the Pirate Cruisers be getting an email telling them exactly where on the Cay to go?Thanks.:)

Probably not. We didn't get any notification or reminders for our previous reservation, though they were at Grand Floridian and the resort was under normal operation.

My kids go cruising on 02-July. If we don't get an answer prior to then, I will post an update and maybe pictures of the temporary setup.

We just concluded our first stay at CBR. We were there because family had already booked there. We normally stay at the Swan. Since we never saw CBR pre-construction, I don't have anything to compare it to. Overall, our stay was fine for what we wanted on this visit.

My only advice: avoid the dinner buffet at all costs. We enjoyed the breakfast, but dinner was absolutely awful. I think others may have felt the same, because attendance at dinner was very low.

I'm over here doing my happy dance... Just booked 8 days at my favorite WDW resort for Marathon weekend in January! The price is so much cheaper than last year (thanks refurbishment!) and only ended up being about $40 more per night than All Star Movies. I'm hoping to be in Jamaica again as that's my favorite location. Now the countdown begins! :cool1:

I'm considering to stay at Caribbean (or Coronado) just after New Years.
Is there a certain area to request if I want to avoid the refurb-noise as much as possible? I also want to be close to the hot tub :)

I'm considering to stay at Caribbean (or Coronado) just after New Years.
Is there a certain area to request if I want to avoid the refurb-noise as much as possible? I also want to be close to the hot tub :)

Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 would both be excellent choices to fit those requirements.

We are flying in, and are not renting a car. We will be doing some other resort hopping for meals and shows (Grand Floridian, Poly, and Fort Wilderness), but planned in the transport time. Last trip, my kids liked the decorations at the AS Movies, so thought about hitting POP and AoA on our arrival day. We fly in early, and are not hitting the parks til the next day. Plus I have heard the pool bar at AoA has the Rum Dole Whips that my wife really wants to try.

You can get Rum Dole Whips at Animal Kingdom, both with dark and coconut rum!

Just returned today from CB. Stayed in Jamaica 45. Certainly was a surprising trip...

First, the good. The construction noise and bother that we were expecting was truly non-existent. Granted, they are just starting to tear down Barbado. Bus pick up in the morning was great. According to a driver, they are operating two bus routes only in the morning until 10 am. The areas of the resort not under construction are well maintained and support staff was very helpful.

The bad. Check in was terrible. We arrived at 11:45 pm to an empty lobby and were made to feel as though we had interrupted there work. "Did you not get a text with you room number?" & "Those are sent out so you don't have to come in" were just some of the "welcoming" statements. When I explained I always stop by to check in, 1. To make sure our Magic Bands are working and 2. To set up a PIN number. I was met with the reply of "you could have always set that up in the morning. Buses in the evening are "hit and miss". They cover the whole complex at pickup, so a 20 minute wait on a bus can turn into another 25 minutes as you travel to each stop for pick up, especially if there is a scooter pickup or two.

The ugly. Mousekeeping was almost non-existence. Two days they never came, well, let me restate that, they didn't do anything except pick up the tip envelope. We had to call to get towels not only for those days but for two other days the left without leaving enough, so more calls for replenishing. They did make up for it by leaving extra coffee cups and packets (which we didn't use). By the end of the trip we had a pile of 9 coffee packs and 15 styrofoam cups stacked on the refrigerator cabinet.

All & all, the things we worried about most, the construction, wasn't a problem at all. The surprise was the thing we usually take for granted at Disney, friendly service and quality housekeeping was the problem.

The resort was in better shape that we expected. The parks were less crowded than we planned. And the weather cooperated for the most part. A good Disney trip, just a few hiccups.

Your Mousekeeping & front Desk Staff woes are wide spread, and it's not just at this resort, we experienced this at POR (Dec '16) and Contemporary (Apr ' 17)! And my husband and I are are park commandos, which means we are never at our room, so we leave early and come back late, never have a DND sign hanging, and we still had days where they did nothing.... and sometimes they would just gather the tip and sometimes they wouldn't even enter the room. I normally do not complain but I ended up sending to Wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com (because after the first time I let to go, after the second time, I was worried there was a trend forming).

They did call me back and have given us some gift to try and make up for the troubles but the more I read posts like yours the more I am seeing this is not changing and infact spreading....

I was told recently by a friend of mine whom has a few friends that are CMs that Disney has taken to hiring a lot of collage student through some sort of internship program where they are only there a short time, receive minimal training and don't seem to have any skin in the game cause this is only a short term gig for them.... if this is true it is sad.

Last edited:
I was told recently by a friend of mine whom as a few friends that are CMs that Disney has taken to hiring a lot of collage student through some sort of internship program where they are only there a short time, receive minimal training and don't seem to have any skin in the game cause this is only a short term gig for them.... if this is true it is sad.
The Disney College Program has been around for YEARS.

Personally,I have always found the CPs to be some of the most friendly,courteous and conscientious CMs I meet at WDW.:)

Just a reminder: (keep posting questions that you may have though)

For those of you who are new to the thread, please go through the first two pages of the thread carefully. There are notations made in many of the posts which provide answers to many of your questions. As I said above, there are links to almost everything that has been posted. All you need to do is click on the highlighted words and you'll be taken to those posts.

As with all things Disney, things can change/turn on a dime but I'm working diligently to keep everything updated as the information rolls in.

The Disney College Program has been around for YEARS.

Personally,I have always found the CPs to be some of the most friendly,courteous and conscientious CMs I meet at WDW.:)

This is different than the normal college program I was told, it is a new intern thing they just started up over the last few years. I have also met some of the regular CP folks, and think they are awesome, like longer term CMs they have skin in the game, they are there for more than just a few months....

Hey Folks, I just was looking at the resort map, the new one... and I was wondering (never stayed at this resort before so I do not know what the original lay out was) is there only the one hot tub?

BYE BYE BARBADOS!

Courtesy of WDWMAGIC
Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort_Full_30403.jpg

Hey Folks, I just was looking at the resort map, the new one... and I was wondering (never stayed at this resort before so I do not know what the original lay out was) is there only the one hot tub?

There are actually two with both being in the main pool area.
Yep, one on each side of the pool, sort of. One is behind the slide, so really removed from the pool. The other is much closer to the zero entry end of the pool. Both inside the fenced area

BYE BYE BARBADOS!

Courtesy of WDWMAGIC
Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort_Full_30403.jpg
Whoa!

They sure took down and removed those buildings quickly. We'll probably see the new building going up pretty soon!

"Looks" like OPR will definitely not be demolished.

Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort_Full_30404.jpg
They were working hot and heavy on taking down Barbados during our trip, and not moving fast on OPR. This is why I didn't think at that time that it was going to come down. I had a feeling then that if they had intended to pull it down they would have start to demo it right away, like they did with Barbados, so they could remove the debris all at once. Glad it appears to be staying, for now.

And to PP who was asking about hot tubs, you can see them on the far edges of the pool areas above. One is just above the tip of the red roof near the top half of the image (you can barely make out the hot tub, it's small) and the other is barely visible alone the tree line not far from the lake clear across the other side of the pool. (sort of behind the 3 color umbrellas you can just make out). Maybe I can take a snip with my pointer showing, I'll try.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter