Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Answered my own question:

island marketplaces in martinique 2509, Jamaica 4308, and Aruba 5524
I think there is one in Trinidad too somewhere, I saw it walking around recently but I don't recall the room number

I booked 7 nights for September on March 18 with the gc offer. When free dining was released, I tried to change my reservation. The system would not retrieve it, just kept searching. I "chatted" with an online agent, and was told that it was a known problem. After trying for almost an hour and not wanting to call off work to spend the day making a Disney reservation, I had decided that if I had to choose one or the other (free dining or gift cards), I would give up the gift cards. I made a new reservation with free dining, thinking I would try after work to retrieve and change the original res. Alas, there was nothing left for our dates when I checked later. Having had an experience several years ago when I held two reservations for the same dates, and DIsney decided to cancel the one I wanted, I didn't want to take the chance of losing my free dining reservation. So I resolved myself to loosing the gc. Then, I was reading here and on a Facebook group that other people had been successful in getting the cards reinstated. I took the plunge today and made the call. So, the end of my long story is that I was able to get my gift cards reinstated!

Last edited:
Just returned today from CB. Stayed in Jamaica 45. Certainly was a surprising trip...

First, the good. The construction noise and bother that we were expecting was truly non-existent. Granted, they are just starting to tear down Barbado. Bus pick up in the morning was great. According to a driver, they are operating two bus routes only in the morning until 10 am. The areas of the resort not under construction are well maintained and support staff was very helpful.

The bad. Check in was terrible. We arrived at 11:45 pm to an empty lobby and were made to feel as though we had interrupted there work. "Did you not get a text with you room number?" & "Those are sent out so you don't have to come in" were just some of the "welcoming" statements. When I explained I always stop by to check in, 1. To make sure our Magic Bands are working and 2. To set up a PIN number. I was met with the reply of "you could have always set that up in the morning. Buses in the evening are "hit and miss". They cover the whole complex at pickup, so a 20 minute wait on a bus can turn into another 25 minutes as you travel to each stop for pick up, especially if there is a scooter pickup or two.

The ugly. Mousekeeping was almost non-existence. Two days they never came, well, let me restate that, they didn't do anything except pick up the tip envelope. We had to call to get towels not only for those days but for two other days the left without leaving enough, so more calls for replenishing. They did make up for it by leaving extra coffee cups and packets (which we didn't use). By the end of the trip we had a pile of 9 coffee packs and 15 styrofoam cups stacked on the refrigerator cabinet.

All & all, the things we worried about most, the construction, wasn't a problem at all. The surprise was the thing we usually take for granted at Disney, friendly service and quality housekeeping was the problem.

The resort was in better shape that we expected. The parks were less crowded than we planned. And the weather cooperated for the most part. A good Disney trip, just a few hiccups.

Just getting my first chance to update. I got my room number about the same time ME had noted our plane was due to arrive. This is the 3rd trip in a row that it notified me of my room at about the same time my flight was due, so I wonder if there is some connection
Thanks for all of your updates. I was looking forward to them. Great info! Enjoy your trip sounds great!!

Just getting my first chance to update. I got my room number about the same time ME had noted our plane was due to arrive. This is the 3rd trip in a row that it notified me of my room at about the same time my flight was due, so I wonder if there is some connection

We got our text as we were getting off the Magical Express bus. We were about to go to the front desk when my phone dinged and got our room number. They have to be connected somehow.

There is not an Island Market in Trinidad North or South. The food trucks are located in South and near the dining hall.
Thanks. So, if we want to purchase our mugs and/or other items only sold at marketplaces (or longer in the day than food trucks are open) we must venture to Jamaica or Aruba? Not that I'm complaining...just asking.

Thanks. So, if we want to purchase our mugs and/or other items only sold at marketplaces (or longer in the day than food trucks are open) we must venture to Jamaica or Aruba? Not that I'm complaining...just asking.

You can buy mugs by the food tent near the main pool. You can also refill the mugs there too.

Thanks. So, if we want to purchase our mugs and/or other items only sold at marketplaces (or longer in the day than food trucks are open) we must venture to Jamaica or Aruba?
Or Martinique may be closer from some spots in Trinidad North.:)

Mugs are available at the "counter" outside of Centertown Buffet where Guests purchase the Buffet or Food Truck items.(The Beverage Station in Centertown Buffet is not "chip activated",the Freestyle machines are "chip activated").

They have begun work on the new "food location" in Trinidad South.:)

Or Martinique may be closer from some spots in Trinidad North.:)

Mugs are available at the "counter" outside of Centertown Buffet where Guests purchase the Buffet or Food Truck items.(The Beverage Station in Centertown Buffet is not "chip activated",the Freestyle machines are "chip activated").

They have begun work on the new "food location" in Trinidad South.:)
I'm sorry to bother you and can scroll back a few pages to find this out but...

1. Since there's no marketplace in Trinidad North do you get coffee/refills (in mugs) at the counter you've described in Centertown that you are calling the beverage station?We'd be eating a small breakfast in our room so we won't be purchasing the breakfast buffet but want coffee (not from pot in room). Do you know if there are limits (timing wise) on coffee refills as there is with soda etc. refills? Are you even allowed in the tent if you're not purchasing a buffet meal?

2. Are there salads for sale at the food truck like those I've seen pictured at marketplaces?

THANKS so much.

Let me add.... I THINK Martinique will be completely closed when we are there in late September. That's what a Disney Rep inferred when we spoke earlier this week.

Since there's no marketplace in Trinidad North do you get coffee/refills (in mugs) at the counter you've described in Centertown that you are calling the beverage station?We'd be eating a small breakfast in our room so we won't be purchasing the breakfast buffet but want coffee (not from pot in room). Do you know if there are limits (timing wise) on coffee refills as there is with soda etc. refills? Are you even allowed in the tent if you're not purchasing a buffet meal?
The Beverage Station inside Centertown Buffet is available for Mug refills all day-just tell the CM at the entrance to the "tent" you are there to refill your Mug and they will direct you to the left side of the "tent" where the Beverage Station is located.:)

The Beverage Station inside Centertown Buffet is NOT "chip activated"-you can refill as quickly and as often as you like.

There is also a table with coffee just outside the Centertown Buffet "tent"-just walk up with your Mug and serve yourself.

To my knowledge,there are no salads available at the Centertown Food Truck.

The Beverage Station inside Centertown Buffet is available for Mug refills all day-just tell the CM at the entrance to the "tent" you are there to refill your Mug and they will direct you to the left side of the "tent" where the Beverage Station is located.:)

The Beverage Station inside Centertown Buffet is NOT "chip activated"-you can refill as quickly and as often as you like.

There is also a table with coffee just outside the Centertown Buffet "tent"-just walk up with your Mug and serve yourself.

To my knowledge,there are no salads available at the Centertown Food Truck.
Thank you. I'm sure this will all become second nature to us one we get the lay of the land. I appreciate your patience and your time.

Let me add.... I THINK Martinique will be completely closed when we are there in late September. That's what a Disney Rep inferred when we spoke earlier this week.

The new "food location" "should" be open in Trinidad South by then so that will be a great food option for all of Trinidad.:)

So when we are going to be there in December we have a preferred room. Where do you think they will put us as that used to mean in Martinique or Trinidad north?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter