Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Wait what? What's this I'm hearing about no ice tea, why on earth don't they have ice tea on the premises? :scared1: I like soda, but don't drink that much of it, maybe at nite. CBR, you need to work on the ice tea thing :drinking1

Because I'd be shocked if there is no tea anywhere. Is it possible? Well, yes, anything is possible. But PP said they hadn't specifically sought it out so it is very possible they did overlook it. I am not sure I'd start a campaign to bring it back till it's determined it's gone
It could be in the FreeStyle machine

The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines by me have Fuse Iced Tea in the following flavors: sweet, unsweet, raspberry, lemon, peach, strawberry, and raspberry-peach.

Unfortunately, the ones here do not have Fuse.

When I wrote "by me", I mean my local Burger King. Although, before I posted, I pulled up the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine website and entered the zip code for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. That led me to a map where I clicked and got the list of available beverages. Perhaps the website isn't updated or they simply list all the possible choices.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer. Iced tea (and particularly sweet tea) is a staple here in Florida. It seems wildly odd that they wouldn't have it in the Coke machines.

The Freestyle machine in Bldg 33, first floor, had iced tea products in it 2 weeks ago.

I saw a complete video of the selections in the machine in Martinique and Fuse was not an option. Apparently it's either not consistent or they added it.

You all have been great with the feedback ... but now, I officially give up. :headache:

We will just buy some bottles of Pure Leaf and pack those in the car. :-)

Hello.

Fairly new to the boards here, and will be staying at CBR for the first time from Sept 30- Oct 12. I had two questions for the experts here.

First was room preference. We are in a standard room that sleeps five. What would be a good request? First priority is probably close to transportation for the families weary feet at the end of the day. 2nd would be close to one of the Free Style machine. View is nice, but since I am not planning being in the room much, that isn't real high on the list.

Second question. I like to explore the other resorts, to check out the decorations and such. I noticed that POP and AoA are close. Is it possible to walk from the south end of CBR to POP? Thought that may be much faster than taking a bus to one of the parks, then another bus back.

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to trip.

Hello.

Fairly new to the boards here, and will be staying at CBR for the first time from Sept 30- Oct 12. I had two questions for the experts here.

First was room preference. We are in a standard room that sleeps five. What would be a good request? First priority is probably close to transportation for the families weary feet at the end of the day. 2nd would be close to one of the Free Style machine. View is nice, but since I am not planning being in the room much, that isn't real high on the list.

Second question. I like to explore the other resorts, to check out the decorations and such. I noticed that POP and AoA are close. Is it possible to walk from the south end of CBR to POP? Thought that may be much faster than taking a bus to one of the parks, then another bus back.

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to trip.

You really can't walk to any other resorts from CBR. You can use the buses to a park and then park to resort or uber to them. Personally, I don't find the values worth a trip to explore though. Some of the deluxes are definitely worthwhile.

As for requests, there is a bus at every village so nothing is really far from transportation. We usually request the village we want and ask for Jamaica or Aruba typically. There are no elevators so if you want or need first floor that's another common request.

You can use the buses to a park and then park to resort or uber to them.

Why would you do that? Just drive to the resort. I've never had an issue with doing that... even to Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Wilderness Lodge. For those I had a reason to be there (reservation) but when I wanted to get beignets at Sassagoula, I just told the guard that's where we're going and he let us right in. Just have a reason to be there and the guard should let you go. Though I think for the deluxe resorts they actually confirmed my reservation on their list before letting me pass.

Why would you do that? Just drive to the resort. I've never had an issue with doing that... even to Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Wilderness Lodge. For those I had a reason to be there (reservation) but when I wanted to get beignets at Sassagoula, I just told the guard that's where we're going and he let us right in. Just have a reason to be there and the guard should let you go. Though I think for the deluxe resorts they actually confirmed my reservation on their list before letting me pass.
That's the most efficient plan if you have a car. For those who don't have their own transportation, getting between value/mod resorts can be time consuming.

We are flying in, and are not renting a car. We will be doing some other resort hopping for meals and shows (Grand Floridian, Poly, and Fort Wilderness), but planned in the transport time. Last trip, my kids liked the decorations at the AS Movies, so thought about hitting POP and AoA on our arrival day. We fly in early, and are not hitting the parks til the next day. Plus I have heard the pool bar at AoA has the Rum Dole Whips that my wife really wants to try.

First was room preference. We are in a standard room that sleeps five. What would be a good request? First priority is probably close to transportation for the families weary feet at the end of the day. 2nd would be close to one of the Free Style machine.
I would request Jamaica 43-the Island Market and Freestyle Machine for Jamaica are located in 43 and 43 is close to the Jamaica Bus Stop and Jamaica is the FIRST stop when returning from the Parks!:)

PP didn't say they had a car and I assumed they didn't since they wanted to be close to transportation. If they do then yes driving would be another option.

I keep hearing about Jamaica in relation to the bus stop order, dare I ask where in the order is Trinidad South? I have a feeling it's at the end of the line, last, finito, lol. What are we pirate: room people to do :worship:

I keep hearing about Jamaica in relation to the bus stop order, dare I ask where in the order is Trinidad South? I have a feeling it's at the end of the line, last, finito, lol. What are we pirate: room people to do :worship:
Look at it this way-They save the best for last!lol:)

We were in Aruba 51. Both my room and my parent's connecting room were standard rooms sleeping 5. It was a great location. Close to the bridge (can access drinks in food tent there), close to the parking and bus stops as well. We were actually closer to the Jamaica bus stop instead of Aruba. I would recommend it.

Here now...

We booked a standard room AFTER the discounts/gift card offers ended. We are in room 2508 in Martinique; the marketplace is in 2509 (just across the hall), & the freestyle machine is right around the corner. So far, we have not been disturbed at all by market traffic (it's open from 7am to 10pm). The bus stop is a short walk,that even weary feet can handle at the end of the day.

Oh, and we had a small insulated tote waiting for us when we got here with some cereal, milk, bottled water, and other misc. snacks.

Here now...

We booked a standard room AFTER the discounts/gift card offers ended. We are in room 2508 in Martinique; the marketplace is in 2509 (just across the hall), & the freestyle machine is right around the corner. So far, we have not been disturbed at all by market traffic (it's open from 7am to 10pm). The bus stop is a short walk,that even weary feet can handle at the end of the day.

Oh, and we had a small insulated tote waiting for us when we got here with some cereal, milk, bottled water, and other misc. snacks.
Sounds good and have fun :flower1:

Here now...

So is there a marketplace in a guest room?

Just added Friday night so I'll be there 11/3-11/10! Now I can run the W&D 10K and hopefully volunteer at the half with running friend @MommaoffherRocker (who just stayed here last month)! Super excited to stay again and see the refurbed rooms. Haven't been there since 8/14!!

Quick check in. We got in really late on Wednesday (really wee hours of Thursday morning)
Preferred room, requested nothing other than a fold down bed.
We got room 3131 in building 31.
Love room, location perfect to everything, bus, food, concierge, got a fold down bed. Couldn't be better. We sat at the beach area last night and watched Illuminations and then 30 min later, Star Wars Fireworks, all while listening to the pirate musicians entertaining us. Grabs beers from the beer/drink truck. We had dinner at the buffet. I will agree this is a one and done for us but even if it was a food court it would be. We aren't a fan of those either. Food was great though.
Honestly, once we get to the room you can't tell there is construction. I don't get why folks would even complain about it, honestly. We see the fences when driving in but once at the room, you don't see it. Or hear anything. DH arrived a couple days after we did and while we sat with beers watching fireworks last night I asked him if he was bothered by all the construction that I'd read so many complaints about and he looked at me like I had 3 heads
Got our gift card at check in and cooler bag was in the room upon arrival.

Curious but not surprising. Nobody can figure out how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who doesn't. Your experience just drives that point home and shows that it is still a crap shoot. Hope you have an awesome trip!
Just getting my first chance to update. I got my room number about the same time ME had noted our plane was due to arrive. This is the 3rd trip in a row that it notified me of my room at about the same time my flight was due, so I wonder if there is some connection

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts