Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from a six night stay.
I booked after the GC cut-off date but got the gift card anyway. Never asked for it so it was a welcome surprise.
I booked a 6 night stay at Old Key West on 3/21 for 5/12-18. We wanted to stay at CBR but no rooms were available. On 4/1 we saw that pirate rooms (at 25% off for the Spring deal) became available and switched over to that. At some point after that we saw that standard rooms were available (albeit without any discount) and switched to a standard room at rack rate.
At check-in we were handed an envelope with a $450 refurbishment gift card.

Some other observations from our stay:
-no cooler bag. Maybe because we accidentally left the Do Not Disturb on our door for the first day after arriving in the middle of the night, but not sure. Not complaining, we didn't really care, just noting it here because I saw that others got them
-I only went to Centertown once, to try the breakfast buffet. It was pretty low-rent in my opinion. The tent, the tables, the handwritten identifiers on the sneezeguard (is it that hard to print cards?)... On the one hand the value is decent at $13.99, but on the other hand, pre-refurb I would have been able to get a bounty platter with everything I wanted for a few bucks less. I would have mentioned something about it, but since we got gift cards i didn't.
-I visited the concierge in 3109 one day and can't help but wonder what it would be like to stay in a room next to that or one of the express markets.
-we were at the parks all day and never used the pool so we noticed fairly little of the construction beyond the fenced off areas and construction equipment.

I would have mentioned something about it, but since we got gift cards i didn't.

Which is exactly why many feel EVERYONE staying at CBR during the Refurb should get the GCs-this is not a "normal" Refurb where a Food Court is down OR a Restaurant is down OR a Merchandise Shop is down OR a Pool Bar is down(the regular Bar will be replaced by a temporary one soon) OR major building construction is taking place.

CBR has ALL of these going on at ONCE.

I have a question for those staying there right now. I thought about sending an email to ask, but figured I'd get a quicker response here. I remember reading the Calypso trading post had a pin board that was open at night I want to say around 7 or 7:30 for trading. I know the trading post is gone, but does anyone know if they happened to move the board to somewhere else at the resort? I've searched online and haven't been able to find anything on it.
Yesterday it was right near the buffet entrance.

I am here now. I apologize if some or all of this is duplicative.

We are in Aruba. I think Aruba or Jamaica would be fine if you have a standard room.

Construction a lot more than I had anticipated. Barbados is walled up and the buildings are gutted. Workers in hard hats all over inside gates and around Custom House.

Coffee available at the guest rooms previously talked about and at the big tent by the pool where you can get the buffet.

A lot of food trucks around main pool area.

The pool bar is there. Just surrounded on all sides by the construction fencing.

Today at the main pool they had Donald, Goofy, and Minnie doing the pool party.

There are the freestyle coke machines but they are not by all of the ice machines. They can be kind of tricky and hard to find (at least they were for us).

This trip is with my 3 girls and my folks. We did get connecting rooms. I didn't do online check in because wanted gift card. In hindsight I wish I had and just went and got the gift card later. They had it in the back in an envelope with name on it. Amount predetermined and on letter in envelope. Our check in process was not great. My parents have the dining plan and all the information was not even explained. They still don't have charging privileges on their room. It wasn't offered at check in and it is a hassle to get over there.

We are here until early Tuesday morning if anyone has specific questions I can try to find out.

I love CBR, but I got this room with the AP discount and gift card. If I didn't have that incentive I don't know that I would be here. It is definitely a construction zone.

There is actually only one food truck,a bar trailer and a Merch trailer.

Thank you for taking the time to update! Appreciate the honest feedback.

Are the multiple food trucks serving different menus?

Is there iced tea anywhere for refilling mugs?

What building of Aruba? How much noise are you hearing? How much do you see coming and going from room?

I thought there were at least 2 food trucks but I could be mistaken. I don't get the appeal of food trucks and could be wrong. Yesterday though there was a message left on our phone to check them out.

I haven't seen ice tea. I will look specifically a little harder, but I don't think so. The food tent trailer with the buffet has a similar set up as the beverage stations at the regular resort food court, but just not as big.

We are in building 5127 facing the parking lot. It is a good location; either that or Jamaica are best by far. Not really any construction noise so far. There is a huge semi trailer in the parking lot though, so I don't know if they have future plans or not. I would go out of my way to NOT stay in Martinique. It is surrounded by fencing as you have to around the whole area around the pool and Port Royale. The detours around it are around the Martinique buildings themselves. This weekend has been better during the week as far as general construction noise. The workers must have the weekend off.

They now have the freestyle locations listed on the CBR maps.:)

Yes I saw that...I guess I am just directionally challenged. Even with the maps it is a little hard. For some reason I thought they would be by ALL the ice machines. Which makes it a little harder. I am still glad they have them.

You don't have to go back to Custom House for that-just go to Trinidad North-Room 3109(Concierge).:)

I didn't realize about Trinidad North until after the fact. Trinidad North though is sufficiently far from us in Aruba though that we might have just gone to the Custom House anyway.

Can you get the GC at Concierge after check in? or is that just at Custom house?

I mentioned in original post that they have the gift card in an envelope in the back. So I am pretty sure they are just at the Custom House. My parents are in the connecting room on the dining package. They never did receive the package paperwork (coupons etc). It was delivered into their room the second day. It is possible that they would get you the gift card by delivery...but I am the paranoid sort and wouldn't want to risk it getting lost in the shuffle.

Probably really off topic, but I was wondering if anyone here has stayed at CBR during a RunDisney weekend, and if the Expo/Race buses pick up outside of the Custom House or at the regular bus stops? TIA.

I mentioned in original post that they have the gift card in an envelope in the back. So I am pretty sure they are just at the Custom House. It is possible that they would get you the gift card by delivery...but I am the paranoid sort and wouldn't want to risk it getting lost in the shuffle.
Good Thinking.... Murphy's Law and all that. Thanks

Trinidad North though is sufficiently far from us in Aruba though that we might have just gone to the Custom House anyway.

3109 is very close to Centertown so I "think" it would be much easier to take the short walk from Aruba across the bridge to Centertown rather than walk to the Aruba Bus Stop,wait for the Internal Shuttle,ride the Shuttle to Custom House,wait for the Shuttle at Custom House to return and walk back from the Aruba Bus Stop(walking to Custom House is no longer possible).:)

Just got back from a six night stay.
I booked after the GC cut-off date but got the gift card anyway.

I must say, I expected a bigger reaction over this. I booked my trip on 3/21 but didn't book CBR until April 1st and still got $450 in gift cards for 6 days. Curious whether others who booked after 3/19 also are getting gift cards.

I must say, I expected a bigger reaction over this. I booked my trip on 3/21 but didn't book CBR until April 1st and still got $450 in gift cards for 6 days. Curious whether others who booked after 3/19 also are getting gift cards.

Interesting. We already got moved to POR, but would have considered staying if this was made clear. Oh well...

I booked my trip on 3/21 but didn't book CBR until April 1st and still got $450 in gift cards for 6 days. Curious whether others who booked after 3/19 also are getting gift cards.
Interesting.

We haven't talked to any Guests who DIDN'T get the GC,BUT everyone we've talked to said they did book before the (assumed)cutoff.

Wait what? What's this I'm hearing about no ice tea, why on earth don't they have ice tea on the premises? :scared1: I like soda, but don't drink that much of it, maybe at nite. CBR, you need to work on the ice tea thing :drinking1
CBR-Please bring back the tea for non-soda drinkers!!!! Some of us need our tea!!!
Because I'd be shocked if there is no tea anywhere. Is it possible? Well, yes, anything is possible. But PP said they hadn't specifically sought it out so it is very possible they did overlook it. I am not sure I'd start a campaign to bring it back till it's determined it's gone
It could be in the FreeStyle machine

Because I'd be shocked if there is no tea anywhere. Is it possible? Well, yes, anything is possible. But PP said they hadn't specifically sought it out so it is very possible they did overlook it. I am not sure I'd start a campaign to bring it back till it's determined it's gone
It could be in the FreeStyle machine
Lets's hope! Lol this is what my Dniece calls a First World problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter