Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I saw the coconuts in the gift shop at OPR, but didn't realize you could mail them. I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of that. My kids would've loved to send those to friends instead of regular postcards

Where did you find regular postcards? I've been looking everywhere for some with characters.

It's almost time for our CBR adventure! I have been re-reading posts so that I can make sure that I have a room request game plan. Just checking on timing - would you suggest calling in to make those requests 7 days ahead of time? I am getting SUPER excited!!!

Requests can be noted on your reservation anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that timeframe makes zero difference. Hope you have a Magical Trip!

We just changed our resort to AS Movies - got it for a LOT less $$$! Never stayed at a value before, so I am a little nervous - but we typically don't spend any time at the resort (other than to sleep/shower), so I guess it really shouldn't matter. Thank you all for the info, though.. We'll use the money saved to eat at some extra special places :)

I hope you have a great time. I've never stayed at any of the value resorts, only at CBR. You'll have to report back with a review of them.

We just changed our resort to AS Movies - got it for a LOT less $$$! Never stayed at a value before, so I am a little nervous - but we typically don't spend any time at the resort (other than to sleep/shower), so I guess it really shouldn't matter. Thank you all for the info, though.. We'll use the money saved to eat at some extra special places

All Star Movies was the first Disney resort we stayed at and we liked it. Our second was POFQ which we LOVED, this time its CBR saving me over $500 if I had rebooked with POFQ. That being said, I had the same mindset, sleep and shower is all you need, but I do love the queen size beds at the moderates. that may be something you might or might not miss.

so I have done a touring plans room request and did online check in (no conflicting requests) what happens if I don't get the location or general location I want, can I just go to the custom house and request a different location?

so I have done a touring plans room request and did online check in (no conflicting requests) what happens if I don't get the location or general location I want, can I just go to the custom house and request a different location?

Yup.

All Star Movies was the first Disney resort we stayed at and we liked it. Our second was POFQ which we LOVED, this time its CBR saving me over $500 if I had rebooked with POFQ. That being said, I had the same mindset, sleep and shower is all you need, but I do love the queen size beds at the moderates. that may be something you might or might not miss.
The queen size beds are one of the biggest reasons I just changed our upcoming All-Star Sports/CBR split stay to all CBR. I hate sleeping in a double bed.

That was a deal breaker for me on the values. That and combined shampoo/conditioner! (It doesn't agree with my hair! LOL) But if I have to share a bed I need a queen. I can't do the doubles.

We have Monorail Resorts-"looks" like we will now be having Gondola Resorts!:)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...gondola-system-about-to-become-a-reality-.htm

Interesting...

Its just my daughter and I, so I think the double beds will be ok. I'm willing to give it a shot! Like I said - we saved a ton by switching. This will allow us a few more special meals, or money to blow elsewhere :) We are going specifically to see Wishes one last time before its gone.

The queen size beds are one of the biggest reasons I just changed our upcoming All-Star Sports/CBR split stay to all CBR. I hate sleeping in a double bed.

When we stay value there are a few things we definitely miss from the Mods, but the BIGGEST are the queen beds. I did not think it would matter much but it did.

This is going to be interesting. Capacity and time? I'm not a fan of heights, not sure how I would feel about riding in them. I like the idea though.

If this does happen, I think it's a great idea. It'll help disperse bus crowds at these large resorts which will be key when DHS opens Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land.

I just read that CBR was "the lowest rated Disney resort" in the Unofficial Guide to WDW's 2017 reader survey. This makes me anxious as we have reservations for this April. We've stayed at other Disney resorts (values, moderates, and Deluxe), but never CBR. I'm especially surprised because I understand that the resort has recently undergone a full renovation. I've read that some guests find the size of the grounds to be too large and the food court offerings mediocre. Any other reasons for such poor ratings? Many thanks!

I just read that CBR was "the lowest rated Disney resort" in the Unofficial Guide to WDW's 2017 reader survey. This makes me anxious as we have reservations for this April. We've stayed at other Disney resorts (values, moderates, and Deluxe), but never CBR. I'm especially surprised because I understand that the resort has recently undergone a full renovation. I've read that some guests find the size of the grounds to be too large and the food court offerings mediocre. Any other reasons for such poor ratings? Many thanks!

I have never been able to truly figure out why the Unofficial Guide has had such an issue with CBR. It is our favorite Moderate by far and our 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW right behind the Boardwalk Inn. Unless you are staying in a Pirate Themed Room, the rest of CBR is the same size as CSR and POR. The furthest non Pirate Themed rooms are the same distance from the Main Feature Pool and the Food Court as the furthest rooms are at POR. We feel the food court is the best out of the ones we have tried. And we have tried them every food court on property except the one at CSR.

My theory is that CBR got a bad rep when it opened because it was the first non-deluxe resort built on property. It was designed and built to be a lower cost alternative to the Poly, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian. So of course it was not as nice as the original resorts, was more spread out, etc. I don't think it ever recovered from that. CBR was our favorite Moderate even when it was the only one without queen beds. And now that they have installed the queen beds, it's even more so.

I understand your feelings though. We were very big fans or POR and POFQ until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago. We too read the horrible reviews/ranking for CBR and almost cancelled or switched back to POR. We are so glad we didn't. My whole family kept saying "did these people really stay here?" I couldn't understand it. We have recommended CBR to a whole bunch of our friends and family. Every one of them came back with glowing reviews and all have now had multiple stays at CBR.

We have been to CBR when it is at capacity and it never feels like it. We always feel like we're the only guests in our building even though we know we're not. It has such a laid back, relaxed atmosphere that is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks.

But shhh.....let's just keep this here in the CBR Thread. I don't want it getting out and making CBR more popular which will raise the price.

What made you decide to book CBR?

We decided to stay at CBR this past January and regretted it. I did think the grounds were too large. it might not have been such a problem if I hadn't had to go to the customs house so much, which is an anomaly, but it did happen. And yes, the food court was mediocre at best and SHOCKINGLY bad compared to POR. So, if you plan to eat at the resort quick service much, I would recommend looking elsewhere. That's my honest opinion.

However, if you don't plan to eat there much and don't mind a little extra walking, the rooms themselves were pretty good, though we found the mousekeeping to be less than stellar, which might have just been our luck.

It's so strange when you love something (Us/CBR) and read about other people's disappointment with their stays. Obviously all their points raised were totally valid, to them, and I wouldn't dispute them for a moment. Why would anyone bother to take the trouble to post a comment, if they didn't feel strongly about something. It's just I can't understand how we can have such wonderful stays, no problem with size of resort (and we are totally unfit seniors!) more than happy with the food court, love the laid back atmosphere and design, have always received stellar service, and yet others feel their hard earned cash has been wasted on a poor trip. I know it's different strokes for different folks but still.......:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!