Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm sure this has been asked throughout this thread. I know I could search for it but I'm asking because my baby's nap time is almost up and I'm planning on borrowed time ;-)

This will be our first time staying at CBR. There's a lot of bus stops for this large resort! Any suggestions on what village to stay in? I want to be convenient to the main pool and food court but don't mind a short walk. I would like to spend the least amount of time on the bus at night and would prefer to be one of the first drop offs. We will be spending most evenings in Epcot since we will be there during Food and Wine.

I'm leaning towards Jamaica since it seems like a manageable walk to the common area. It also seems to be half way through the pick ups and first drop off based on my initial internet research. But I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

THANKS!!!

UG

I'm sure this has been asked throughout this thread. I know I could search for it but I'm asking because my baby's nap time is almost up and I'm planning on borrowed time ;-)

This will be our first time staying at CBR. There's a lot of bus stops for this large resort! Any suggestions on what village to stay in? I want to be convenient to the main pool and food court but don't mind a short walk. I would like to spend the least amount of time on the bus at night and would prefer to be one of the first drop offs. We will be spending most evenings in Epcot since we will be there during Food and Wine.

I'm leaning towards Jamaica since it seems like a manageable walk to the common area. It also seems to be half way through the pick ups and first drop off based on my initial internet research. But I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

THANKS!!!

UG

We have stayed in Jamaica and Aruba now. Both were a convenient walk to OPR and the bus in Jamaica was the 1st stop the majority of both trips (with Aruba being the second). We changed between the two stops regularly on our last trip. On some return trips they started out in Martinique which left us as the 5th stop dropping off, but it only added a few minutes to the trip. Also keep in mind there is a bus stop at OPR so we would sometimes go there for food or a drink heading to or from the parks and just use that stop for convenience.

Thanks for all the comments about the pirate rooms, we are super excited about it..re a previous post about mailing stuff...I have to tell you last year as an experiment and for fun I mailed a coconut to my Mom in Scotland! not thinking it would even get there. I just put a ton of stamps on it and mailed it..4 months later Mom calls me in Houston from Scotland to say she got a coconut!! The mail man about died! As you know we have letterboxes in the Uk and he had to knock the door to deliver it, apparently it had been passed round the whole mail depot in Scotland, they were in awe hahaha So hey! who knows where those coconuts can make it to!

We have stayed in Jamaica and Aruba now. Both were a convenient walk to OPR and the bus in Jamaica was the 1st stop the majority of both trips (with Aruba being the second). We changed between the two stops regularly on our last trip. On some return trips they started out in Martinique which left us as the 5th stop dropping off, but it only added a few minutes to the trip. Also keep in mind there is a bus stop at OPR so we would sometimes go there for food or a drink heading to or from the parks and just use that stop for convenience.

Thank you! This info is incredibly helpful!

I just got back from staying at Caribbean Beach last week. Third time staying there. It's a great resort with lots of ground to cover. If you want to be by OPR, Trinidad North is close. In terms of bus stops, I noticed that if you're on a theme park bus, the route begins by Jamaica and Aruba, with the final stop at Trinidad South. If going to Disney Springs, the route begins at Martinique and ends at Barbados. Hopefully, that might help in decicing on where to catch your bus from. Have a great trip!

So has anyone stayed in the pirate rooms before? Every year my little boy asks to stay in one and we can never afford it. He will be 8 this year and was begging us so we are making it happen..only thing is I heard bad stuff about the beds? We wont be changing our minds but just lay it on me what they are like so I know what to expect. This will be our 9th time at CBR so I know where they are distance wise...that dosnt bother me one bit. Thanks :)

I haven't stayed in a pirate room since 2009, but my son (who was 9, almost 10, at the time) LOVED it! The theming was phenomenal. And besides being a bit squished I didn't mind the beds, but they have since replaced the mattresses. I think it's worth the experience if you're pirate fans!

I just got back from staying at Caribbean Beach last week. Third time staying there. It's a great resort with lots of ground to cover. If you want to be by OPR, Trinidad North is close. In terms of bus stops, I noticed that if you're on a theme park bus, the route begins by Jamaica and Aruba, with the final stop at Trinidad South. If going to Disney Springs, the route begins at Martinique and ends at Barbados. Hopefully, that might help in decicing on where to catch your bus from. Have a great trip!

Thank you! I really appreciate this helpful information!

About the upcoming construction...
I'm wondering if the reason they are beginning on that particular area is that the Pirate Rooms don't get a lot of love from guests. Not because they are not fabulous with theming, but because of the double (no queen size) bed situation as well as how they are the farthest from OPR.
I hate the thought of my absolute favorite resort changing! I truly feel it is a quiet peaceful oasis that I can return to at the end of a hectic day and be soothed by the serenity there.
My only wish is that when they finish, is that CBR has not lost it's ambiance.
Shutters is pretty darn awesome as well. I love walking over the bridge from Aruba, enjoying a late evening dinner and strolling back to my room. It is always just so lovely!
(Omygoodness, I'm getting teary eyed!)
I cry every single time we drive up to the gate and the CM says, "Welcome Home!" I know that no matter how crazy busy my day has been, it is now going to become calm and restful and I can recharge for my next day's adventure!
Ahhhh Disney Gurus who are watching and reading... Please be kind and keep CBR the oasis it has always been!

About the upcoming construction...
I'm wondering if the reason they are beginning on that particular area is that the Pirate Rooms don't get a lot of love from guests. Not because they are not fabulous with theming, but because of the double (no queen size) bed situation as well as how they are the farthest from OPR.
I hate the thought of my absolute favorite resort changing! I truly feel it is a quiet peaceful oasis that I can return to at the end of a hectic day and be soothed by the serenity there.
My only wish is that when they finish, is that CBR has not lost it's ambiance.
Shutters is pretty darn awesome as well. I love walking over the bridge from Aruba, enjoying a late evening dinner and strolling back to my room. It is always just so lovely!
(Omygoodness, I'm getting teary eyed!)
I cry every single time we drive up to the gate and the CM says, "Welcome Home!" I know that no matter how crazy busy my day has been, it is now going to become calm and restful and I can recharge for my next day's adventure!
Ahhhh Disney Gurus who are watching and reading... Please be kind and keep CBR the oasis it has always been!
We were worried about the same thing...its the relaxing atmosphere that brings us back time and time again...we too pray it does not lose that. :(

Will be there next week.Yay!!!! My question is my return home flight is on Monday the 20th at 7 am. How long would it take by uber to get to the airport between 5:45 and 6? Thought about the DME but would have to deal with luggage from room to customs house to get on bus. Wife not thrilled at all about getting up at 3am and then lugging suitcases from North Trinidad to the customs house. Anyone else take uber to airport?
35-45 minutes...$60. Did it in August. WDW took our luggage to the airport 3 hours early and my 80 year-old mom didn't want to take the bus back to MCO.

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to figure out if I should book the hotel now through the UK site or wait for the US free dining offer that's likely to be available soon.

My stay is 24/8/17-7/9/17 for 2 adults and 2 children under 10.

The UK price is currently £3300 ($4100ish) with 14 day tickets (park hopper, water parks etc... included) for a pirate room.

What is the likely price in the US free dining sale for 14 nights and 10 days tickets with hopping and water parks?

Thanks.

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to figure out if I should book the hotel now through the UK site or wait for the US free dining offer that's likely to be available soon.

My stay is 24/8/17-7/9/17 for 2 adults and 2 children under 10.

The UK price is currently £3300 ($4100ish) with 14 day tickets (park hopper, water parks etc... included) for a pirate room.

What is the likely price in the US free dining sale for 14 nights and 10 days tickets with hopping and water parks?

Thanks.
As of today a package for 2 adults, 2 under 10, Aug. 24 - Sept. 7 in a standard pirate room, 10 day hoppers/WPM, without dining (assuming you will have free dining for those dates) is $6174.59. At that rate I'd jump on the UK deal, as it's $2000 less with more park days.

As of today a package for 2 adults, 2 under 10, Aug. 24 - Sept. 7 in a standard pirate room, 10 day hoppers/WPM, without dining (assuming you will have free dining for those dates) is $6174.59. At that rate I'd jump on the UK deal, as it's $2000 less with more park days.

Thanks, we're not big eaters so there's no way we'd get $2000 worth of food from the free dining!

I saw the coconuts in the gift shop at OPR, but didn't realize you could mail them. I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of that. My kids would've loved to send those to friends instead of regular postcards

DSC_0011.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!