Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

This is what we were told also...we got fastpasses, $75 off our room per night and was also told $25 gift card upon check in so it will be interesting to see what happens
Do you know why you and others are being offered the $75 off per night and the $25 (some states $75) gc? I booked in August of 2016 for August of 2017 and only received the email for the $75 gc per night. Sometimes Disney and other emails don't always come through to my email account. We are staying 12 nights so having $900 off our price and then another $300 (possibly even $900) in gc would be very beneficial as I would prefer money off my trip rather than gc to use upon arrival. Thank you!

Last edited:
Do you know why you and others are being offered the $75 off per night and the $25 gc? I booked in August of 2016 for August of 2017 and only received the email for the $75 gc per night. Sometimes Disney and other emails don't always come through to my email account. We are staying 12 nights so having $900 off our price and then another $300 in gc would be very beneficial as I would prefer money off my trip rather than gc to use upon arrival. Thank you!

The $75 credit and $25 GC were both offered at different points before Disney really made up their mind what they were going to do to make up for the construction inconveniences. Some people were moved to other resorts at their own expense instead of being offered any compensation for staying at CBR, and some people were moved at no additional cost. Also, some UK travel agents are the ones offering a credit on top of the Disney GC, so you would need to be booked through them to get it.

Just wanted to let people know that I made a reservation at CBR in January (so I was eligible for the GC's) for a trip this December. While trying to book a FD deal, I wasn't able to find any that were the exact same dates we had originally booked so I ended up booking a second reservation that included FD for the same amount of days, just pushed back a few days. I called tonight and was transferred to Guest Services and had a very helpful CM that was able to basically combine my reservations so that I would still be eligible for the GC's, but had Free Dining. She modified the dates on my original reservation and then moved it over to the second reservation...even though my confirmation number changed, she assured me that it shows my original booking date of January and that I would be getting the gift cards. Yay!!!

pixiedust: I was feeling the pixie dust tonight!! Woo Hoo!!

Do you know why you and others are being offered the $75 off per night and the $25 (some states $75) gc? I booked in August of 2016 for August of 2017 and only received the email for the $75 gc per night. Sometimes Disney and other emails don't always come through to my email account. We are staying 12 nights so having $900 off our price and then another $300 (possibly even $900) in gc would be very beneficial as I would prefer money off my trip rather than gc to use upon arrival. Thank you!
The people getting the money off called in about the construction and were offered the money off. After lots of calls Disney offered the $25 gc to everyone, then changed it to $75 for everyone. So I would assume you are also getting the $75 gc.

Does anyone know what type of dinning credits the temporary restaurant will take. Will it accept Quick Service Credits?

Breaking Island Market news(courtesy of OTPN).:)

To ensure Guests have convenient access to an array of Food & Beverage offerings throughout Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, the resort will be opening three “island markets” in Martinique, Jamaica, and Aruba. All of these locations will operate from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily, offering a selection of grab & go foods (Coke Freestyle Machines will also be available). Breakfast items include cereal, pastries, yogurt, and more. For lunch and dinner, a variety of sandwiches, wraps, and salads will be available.

The resort will offer Guest soft openings for select locations on the following days:
Thursday, April 27, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
  • Martinique: Building 25, Room 2509
Friday, April 28, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
  • Jamaica: Building 43, Room 4308
Saturday, April 29, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
  • Jamaica: Building 43, Room 4308
  • Aruba: Building 55, Room 5524
These new locations are expected to be fully operational beginning Sunday, April 30.

Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will soon be able to use their refillable resort mugs to experience more than 100 unique beverage flavors at new Coca-Cola Freestyle machines across the resort. Once complete, these Coca-Cola Freestyle machines will be located in the vending areas on the first floor at:

• Martinique: Building 25
  • Trinidad North: Building 31
  • Trinidad South: Buildings 34 and 38
  • Jamaica: Buildings 43 and 46
  • Aruba: Buildings 52 and 54

We are staying at CBR in June and just completed the online check-in; the choices were very limited with the only village choice being Martinique. I checked it over a chance for a water view but unsure if that was the right choice. Any advise?

We are staying at CBR in June and just completed the online check-in; the choices were very limited with the only village choice being Martinique. I checked it over a chance for a water view but unsure if that was the right choice. Any advise?

Martinique has always been the only village option - it's a glitch in the system

For those of you doing online check-in, would you please make a screenshot of what requests/options are available? I would like to update the informational posts. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter