Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Howdy! I'm a long-time lurker but a first-time poster. We have been to Disney 3 times before; this will be our 4th time and 2nd at CBR. We don't spend a ton of time at the resort, so we are okay with the construction. We have a preferred room 9/1-9/10, and were able to get FD. I snagged it in a standard room and then called and they were able to move the FD over to the preferred room we had booked back in January. However, I'm a little nervous because the system would not allow guest services to modify the reservation. They had to force our new reservation into a preferred room. In order to keep our gift cards, they made copious notes on our reservation and, she said, on the resort side as well. She reassured us several times that we would not lose the GCs, and made a note of our original reservation number and date. So, we will see--I'm hopeful there are no issues but we are prepared to be firm if it happens. I kept my original e-mail and will be sure to bring that with us printed out, just in case! Anyway, just wanted to say hi to fellow CBR guests!

We have stayed at WL during construction several times. Didn't impact us at all. Matter of fact I thought it was better. Less rooms means fewer guests

Awesome! Thanks so much! I went ahead and switched to CBR this evening. I'm super excited! The resort looks so big, I think there will be plenty of space to get away from the construction. :cool1:

Haven't verified this myself yet, and maybe it was already mentioned here, but someone on another site commented that they called Guest Services and were told that the breakfast/dinner buffet that is temporarily being set up at CBR will qualify as a QS credit on the dining plan. The commenter stated that that the buffet will be open to CBR guests only.
This would be great!

I just got back from our stay at CBR. I received a text message before even getting on my plane that our room was ready. Our room was 2nd floor, which was disappointing since I had requested ground floor. And running 22 miles this weekend I didn't feel like walking up stairs. (And it would prove to be challenging with my stress fracture I figured.) Upon arrival we went to the online check in desk and asked if a ground floor room was available. She called and offered us Martinique Building 23, room 2327. (vs Martinique 24 2436) We gladly took that room in exchange for a refund in the difference between preferred and this room. So we got a nice credit on our room to use for the week. (Our options were that or to have it refunded to our card.) 2327 did have a Murphy bed and was a handicap room, but still had the full tub/shower combo. The bathroom was all room vs. the tub/toilet having it's own door. The walk to OPR wasn't bad and the bus stop was super close and convenient. We were on the courtyard/smoking area and I only saw someone smoking in it once late at night so that was nice. The second day we had a ton of small, gnat type bugs in our room. At first we thought it was a fluke and mousekeeping had propped the door open, but there seemed to be more in the morning and they all congregated in the bathroom. We called and they said they would send pest control, but they were still a problem the whole trip. Normally I would have walked up to the front desk about it, but honestly it was a pain to get to the customs house so I didn't.

I have to say that OPR annoyed me. We would come back from the parks and couldn't refill our mugs or something because it was closed. I have no clue what time it even closed as the hours posted only say when it opens. I found this inconvenient.

Running wise, the buses seemed to have their staging area or start from Martinique so we always had a bus waiting for us when we walked out which was a nice perk as some stops had huge crowds and we always walked right on a bus and normally sat in the front row.

I'm not sure I'd stay again, but maybe with construction they'll remedy the lack of ability to refill your mugs unless OPR is open. The resort is really beautiful and relaxing so if that could be fixed it would be considered for a family stay.

Thanks-great info about the Buffet being a QS credit!:)

Not on a dining plan this time, so we are paying OOP... Has anyone heard what the price will be for a buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner? Please post info if/when you find out! TIA

I'm super excited! The resort looks so big, I think there will be plenty of space to get away from the construction. :cool1:
Disney is the best in the business at "minimizing" construction inconveniences.

I'm sure the temporary "dining hall" will be as nice as they can make it as will be the 3 Markets,etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney tries to add some little "extras" along the way-maybe some live music,Character appearances,etc.

They already have one little "extra" with the unique "Construction Mickey" GC.:)

I'm sure the temporary "dining hall" will be as nice as they can make it as will be the 3 Markets,etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney tries to add some little "extras" along the way-maybe some live music,Character appearances,etc.

They already have one little "extra" with the unique "Construction Mickey" GC.:)

Thank you! I'm wondering if they will have a special "construction" pin? I thought I read that WL had one during their construction process.

Thank you! I'm wondering if they will have a special "construction" pin? I thought I read that WL had one during their construction process.
They did. A set of 3 pins actually. We got our 2nd set of them last week. I'd love a set for CBR too

We have stayed at WL during construction several times. Didn't impact us at all. Matter of fact I thought it was better. Less rooms means fewer guests

Yup! Last year we stayed at an all inclusive in Mexico, and it was undergoing refurbishment in the buildings right next to where we were staying. We could hear noise when we were in the pool or lazy river near our room (never at night or early morning though). While it wasn't great to have some extra noise or certain walkways shut down, it was SO much nicer having fewer people there. Short waits for restaurants, lots fewer people at the beaches and pools. We both agreed we would happily go again during construction as the fewer people around was worth more than the inconvenience of the construction. I'm hoping that holds true for our CBR stay.

First few posts updated to include links to the email received by one of the Disers and the pic of the construction of the temporary dining area. Also updated the list of rooms with murphy beds. Please continue to post any pictures that you take while there and your room number if it has a murphy bed or is a connecting room.

It's so helpful to read something like this and be reminded of why I love Disney in such a positive manner. I think sometimes I tend to get bogged down by the negativity that can be found on the boards. Rather than sitting here worrying about how I might be impacted by the construction I am going to assume the best. If it turns out to be a problem, I will deal with it at the time. :)

Just curious, has anyone who was able to get the 75$/night refund, and the email for the 75$/night gift card checked in yet and gotten the gift cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter