Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We stayed at BWV one time a few years ago and the Luna park pool and slide was closed (maybe this was when they were removing the clown)… and they did let us go to SAB. They even had a guy in a golf cart drive you over if you wanted. We are heading to BWI on 3/16 for our second visit and I can’t believe the pool is gonna be closed again- my kids will be disappointed as they really want to try the slide!
During the slide refurb in 2020-2021, the Luna Pool itself was still open, so they were not allowing pool hopping to SAB. This looks like another slide refurb for some reason. Not sure pool hopping will be allowed. But I really have no solid info on that.

I was thinking it was fairly recent.
Wonder why it's needing downtime again? Something wrong?
I wish I knew. Blogs just say ‘refurbishment.’ I won’t be back at BW for a few months, since we just canceled our upcoming trip, so I can’t even ask a CM. Maybe if someone is heading there soon they could do some detective work for us! I’ll post if I find anything out in the meantime.

I wish I knew. Blogs just say ‘refurbishment.’ I won’t be back at BW for a few months, since we just canceled our upcoming trip, so I can’t even ask a CM. Maybe if someone is heading there soon they could do some detective work for us! I’ll post if I find anything out in the meantime.
Maybe I'll text Lene to see if she knows.
I typically try to avoid bothering her with non trip related stuff but I do have another question for her that is related to a trip in March

Maybe I'll text Lene to see if she knows.
I typically try to avoid bothering her with non trip related stuff but I do have another question for her that is related to a trip in March
Sounds good! Please keep us posted!

We will be there in over a week. I’m actually glad the slide is closed because my thrill seeking water loving but not strong swimmer three year old will want to go down it and that’s just not happening and now I don’t have to have that fight. I do hope they let us use the SAB slide because she can use the small kiddie slide there. She loves it.

During the slide refurb in 2020-2021, the Luna Pool itself was still open, so they were not allowing pool hopping to SAB. This looks like another slide refurb for some reason. Not sure pool hopping will be allowed. But I really have no solid info on that.
Just looked at my photos- it was Feb 2017 that we stayed when pool was closed and were allowed to use SAB. I guess it was longer than a few years ago!! Times does fly

We have a garden view room booked for April 6-14. Can anyone hazard a guess as to whether we'll have a refurbed room or not? I always request a view of the Inn side quiet pool. Is that still a good idea w/ the refurbs going on?
TIA!

All the speculation is that it’s 6 weeks with two wets. If they are doing a batch now then the second should either be in the process or maybe even complete then if i did some adding right. So I’d say good chance unless they need to take 2-3 months on the first set.

We have a garden view room booked for April 6-14. Can anyone hazard a guess as to whether we'll have a refurbed room or not? I always request a view of the Inn side quiet pool. Is that still a good idea w/ the refurbs going on?
TIA!
It will be a refurbed room no matter what
The first half is closed to refurb it now
When it’s done the 2nd half will be closed, refurbed part open
When the 2nd half is done, all will be refurbed.
So, in April, the only room you can be placed in will be refurbed.
What you may not get is the half towards the lake. If that half isn’t done in April. Odds are it won’t be since it’s not due to start till 3/11

It will be a refurbed room no matter what
The first half is closed to refurb it now
When it’s done the 2nd half will be closed, refurbed part open
When the 2nd half is done, all will be refurbed.
So, in April, the only room you can be placed in will be refurbed.
What you may not get is the half towards the lake. If that half isn’t done in April. Odds are it won’t be since it’s not due to start till 3/11
Super excited every time I read something about the refurb (will be there end of May). Really interested to see what they do with the club level and deluxe rooms/suites. For me, the state of the rooms was the one thing keeping BWI from being a top 3 WDW resort.

Super excited every time I read something about the refurb (will be there end of May). Really interested to see what they do with the club level and deluxe rooms/suites. For me, the state of the rooms was the one thing keeping BWI from being a top 3 WDW resort.
Agreed
I can’t wait to see what they do
my number one question is, will they be keeping the Minnie lamp
if they don’t I want to buy at least 1

Lobby Restrooms Closed as Refurbishment Continues at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn

1675616059909.jpeg
1675616091033.jpeg
A sign directs guests to the restrooms inside Trattoria al Forno and near Side Show Games Arcade.
boardwalk inn restroom refurb 8553

Quick questions: We will be arriving at Boardwalk Villa on Feb 11th for a week vacation. I rented DVC points. We should be arriving at BWV around 1:30-2pm

1. Can I place an order for walmart grocery delivery for Feb 11th around 1pm, so by the time I get there, Bell services will have it available? Or do I need to have an assigned room to be able to receive groceries? It would be much better to check in and get the groceries, so we don't waste time waiting the delivery which sometimes is delayed

2. Walmart prices are actually much better than amazon fresh. I assume walmart is ok for groceries?

3. when can I online check in the app?

Thanks

Agreed
I can’t wait to see what they do
my number one question is, will they be keeping the Minnie lamp
if they don’t I want to buy at least 1
I doubt they will keep it considering there are already several for sale on eBay. There must be a lot of folks who want them - they are priced at $500!

Planning a last-minute stay for early March (week of the 5th) and considering a studio at Boardwalk. I saw the pool closure, but I'm wondering if anyone could give further insight into how disruptive the refurb will be. I'm seeing 590/night on Disney's site for the dates in question, which is more costly than what I'd pay for a garden wing room at Contemporary through UT. I'd like the location of Boardwalk better and have never been there so curious to try it, but just wondering if it's a dunce move to pay that much for a resort where I might be surrounded by construction and noise constantly.

Quick questions: We will be arriving at Boardwalk Villa on Feb 11th for a week vacation. I rented DVC points. We should be arriving at BWV around 1:30-2pm

1. Can I place an order for walmart grocery delivery for Feb 11th around 1pm, so by the time I get there, Bell services will have it available? Or do I need to have an assigned room to be able to receive groceries? It would be much better to check in and get the groceries, so we don't waste time waiting the delivery which sometimes is delayed

2. Walmart prices are actually much better than amazon fresh. I assume walmart is ok for groceries?

3. when can I online check in the app?

Thanks
Yes you can, and Bell services will hold your groceries. The one catch here is, you very well may not have a room at that time. I rarely get into a room before 4 anymore, and sometimes even later. They will still hold your order, just wanted you to know you may not be able to get into your room right when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter