Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hello! We will be arriving at the Boardwalk Inn for our first ever stay here on 8/12-8/21. I'm sure it is posted somewhere in this thread but what is the best way to put in a room request that actually works sometimes? I totally understand that nothing is guaranteed also. I'm just paying for a standard room but would love a full balcony first. Secondly we'd (my wife and 2 daughters ages 18 and 20) really enjoy some kind of view of the lake or to look across and see the Beach or Yacht Club. Beach Club has always been our favorite but we are very excited to try the Boardwalk Inn for the first time. Is there somewhere besides on the Disney site that only offers a king bed and near the elevator as request options that we could trying asking for a balcony or lake view? I'll take any tips of suggestions you might have! Also, any other tips that are musts from all of you Boardwalk pros would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to any and all of your replies!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly
Your requests have problems and some are simply not likely to not possible
Lake view is not a request, it's a category you book. You can request it but it would be asking for a free upgrade and while they can happen they are not common. There are a few Standard rooms with a partial lake view. Use the room finder at Touring Plans and look around at the different options that come up when you enter Standard as your room category and pick one that you like. They offer a room request service you can use
99.99% of the rooms at BWI have a balcony w/chairs. I believe there is 1 room on each floor without one, it's sort of in a corner where there's no space for one. So 3 total, if memory serves. Not really a thing you need to request but you can if you want.
If there are 4 of you can't get a King bed with a Standard room category. The day bed on the room won't sleep 2, so you'd have no where for the 4th person to sleep. Deluxe rooms have a pull out sofa but again, different room category, not something found in a Standard room and would be asking for a free upgrade. And it's Club Level too. Very unlikely they'd offer you an upgrade to Deluxe Club Level. There are only 10 of these rooms in the entire resort and almost always booked

Wow, you want a lot of stuff. First, if you only have one room then don’t request a King size bed. The pull out bed on the couch is only a single. I assume you and your wife would want a bed, and your adult daughters also probably each need their own bed. So get the regular room with two queens and request a room with a sofa bed.

Second, it is unlikely you’ll have any sort of water view with a standard room. If you want that then change your room type.

In terms of the balcony, research the room type you reserved to see what types of balconies are available for those rooms then request the area of the resort that will have your desired balcony layout. Touring plans has a lot of information about specific rooms. We stayed in a garden view ground floor room this last time, near the quiet pool, and really liked it. The patio was large because it was ground level. That also made it really easy to go to and from the quiet pool.
I really appreciate your reply! I know I was asking a lot but honestly I'm realistic about the results. We'll be fine with whatever room we get! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out out any BW secrets with all of you gurus! Thanks you again! Leaving tomorrow...Woot!!!

A look at BoardWalk Deli construction as its opening nears on Disney's BoardWalk

F8AB28C3-3DE6-47E3-953E-FA77675FC386.jpeg

So, the Boardwalk Bakery had a few breakfast options, soda, coffee, and a few sandwiches for lunch/dinner. The *new* Boardwalk Deli will have a few breakfast options, soda, coffee, and a few sandwiches for lunch/dinner. It looks like they aren't even bothering to redo the whole sign, just painting over Bakery to add Deli, right? Maybe they're starting there and making their way left?

With what seem to be such minor changes, I don't understand why they didn't just treat this as a Bakery menu overhaul. Did someone in marketing tell them that people don't think to go to a Bakery for sandwiches but they won't mind going to a Deli for their coffee cake? I'm really curious how different this location is going to be when it reopens.

With what seem to be such minor changes, I don't understand why they didn't just treat this as a Bakery menu overhaul. Did someone in marketing tell them that people don't think to go to a Bakery for sandwiches but they won't mind going to a Deli for their coffee cake? I'm really curious how different this location is going to be when it reopens.
I would not be surprised if the concept for it was entirely different and then the penny pinchers came in and whacked the budget to almost non-existent 🙄

We decided to book boardwalk for 4th of July. Right now we are booked 7/2 - 7/8 2023. We have stayed at beach club before and I’m excited to try boardwalk. We loved the location.

Any tips? I have 4 day park tickets right now because we wanted to do the water park for a day. Hopefully we love the boardwalk

We decided to book boardwalk for 4th of July. Right now we are booked 7/2 - 7/8 2023. We have stayed at beach club before and I’m excited to try boardwalk. We loved the location.

Any tips? I have 4 day park tickets right now because we wanted to do the water park for a day. Hopefully we love the boardwalk
We had gone to beach club numerous times and when we decided to do boardwalk this year. We loved it. Loved the food and quiet pool too. Only thing we didn’t like was the only refill station was at the boardwalk bakery. To fill up when you are at the pool really becomes annoying. Wish there was fill ups at pools like beach club, Poly, grand Floridian, and Saratoga. But I think you’ll have an amazing time!

We had gone to beach club numerous times and when we decided to do boardwalk this year. We loved it. Loved the food and quiet pool too. Only thing we didn’t like was the only refill station was at the boardwalk bakery. To fill up when you are at the pool really becomes annoying. Wish there was fill ups at pools like beach club, Poly, grand Floridian, and Saratoga. But I think you’ll have an amazing time!
You can refill at Leaping Horse Libations at the main pool, as well. But if you’re hanging at the quiet pool on the inn side, that’s a trek.

Oh that stinks. They should definitely add something. We ended up only getting 4 day tickets for now since we are going in February as well and I wanted to go to the water park one day. So we will probably spend more time at the hotel pool.

Oh that stinks. They should definitely add something. We ended up only getting 4 day tickets for now since we are going in February as well and I wanted to go to the water park one day. So we will probably spend more time at the hotel pool.
You can also refill at BelleVue Lounge (while the bakery is being remodeled - don’t know if they’ll keep this after it reopens as the deli. There were mixed reports of refills at BelleVue when the bakery was still open) and at Leaping Horse Libations - the main pool bar.

I was denied refills on two separate trips at the pool prior to covid. So just be aware ymmv.
It happened twice? Was it the same CM both times? It is 100% a refill station. Before Covid and after. If you were denied it was an error. Once twice or however many times. Does you little good now of course but next time you need to mention it to someone in management. Someone working has bad instructions

It happened twice? Was it the same CM both times? It is 100% a refill station. Before Covid and after. If you were denied it was an error. Once twice or however many times. Does you little good now of course but next time you need to mention it to someone in management. Someone working has bad instructions

I don’t remember if it was the same CM. It was two separate trips (I think? It was back in 2018 or 2019) and I never made a note of their name. We have since stopped buying the resort refill mugs.

You can also refill at BelleVue Lounge (while the bakery is being remodeled - don’t know if they’ll keep this after it reopens as the deli. There were mixed reports of refills at BelleVue when the bakery was still open) and at Leaping Horse Libations - the main pool bar.
I can confirm that you can get a refill at Belle Vue, as I just got one 10 minutes ago there. It's not self-serve, and they put it in a paper cup instead of refilling the actual mug.

BoardWalk Deli Now Open, Replaces BoardWalk Bakery at Disney’s BoardWalk

The BoardWalk Deli opened this morning at 7am, welcoming guests in for breakfast. BoardWalk Deli replaces BoardWalk Bakery and still aims to be the quick-grab spot of choice at Disney’s BoardWalk. Located between BoardWalk Ice Cream and Trattoria al Forno, BoardWalk Deli is a small grab-and-go location with a variety of options for you whether you want to dine on the BoardWalk or grab something on the way to EPCOT.
BoardWalk Deli offers breakfast from 7am to 11am before switching over to lunch/dinner from 11am to 10pm. Here’s a look around the space, and at some food offerings. We’ll have a review of breakfast and lunch a little bit later.

boardwalk-deli-1.jpg

46E64A09-7030-4D64-BBAB-90A6174902D2.jpeg

More Food Pics HERE

More Food Pics HERE

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!