Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Can I park at BWI for a dinner reservation for Big River Grille made through Open Table? We would just be parking for dinner only but I am not sure if they only let you park with MDE reservations which Big River only uses open table.

Can I park at BWI for a dinner reservation for Big River Grille made through Open Table? We would just be parking for dinner only but I am not sure if they only let you park with MDE reservations which Big River only uses open table.
They should, since you can tell them you have a reservation. I’d have my Open Table app ready with reservation showing just in case they ask, but that’s me.

Hello! We will be arriving at the Boardwalk Inn for our first ever stay here on 8/12-8/21. I'm sure it is posted somewhere in this thread but what is the best way to put in a room request that actually works sometimes? I totally understand that nothing is guaranteed also. I'm just paying for a standard room but would love a full balcony first. Secondly we'd (my wife and 2 daughters ages 18 and 20) really enjoy some kind of view of the lake or to look across and see the Beach or Yacht Club. Beach Club has always been our favorite but we are very excited to try the Boardwalk Inn for the first time. Is there somewhere besides on the Disney site that only offers a king bed and near the elevator as request options that we could trying asking for a balcony or lake view? I'll take any tips of suggestions you might have! Also, any other tips that are musts from all of you Boardwalk pros would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to any and all of your replies!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

I wonder if the sandwiches at the new Bakery will be premade or if they make them "on the fly" like Panera Bread? I ask because the Italian Sandwich on the menu looks great but provolon cheese is no beuno for Dairy allergy

Hello! We will be arriving at the Boardwalk Inn for our first ever stay here on 8/12-8/21. I'm sure it is posted somewhere in this thread but what is the best way to put in a room request that actually works sometimes? I totally understand that nothing is guaranteed also. I'm just paying for a standard room but would love a full balcony first. Secondly we'd (my wife and 2 daughters ages 18 and 20) really enjoy some kind of view of the lake or to look across and see the Beach or Yacht Club. Beach Club has always been our favorite but we are very excited to try the Boardwalk Inn for the first time. Is there somewhere besides on the Disney site that only offers a king bed and near the elevator as request options that we could trying asking for a balcony or lake view? I'll take any tips of suggestions you might have! Also, any other tips that are musts from all of you Boardwalk pros would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to any and all of your replies!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly
Wow, you want a lot of stuff. First, if you only have one room then don’t request a King size bed. The pull out bed on the couch is only a single. I assume you and your wife would want a bed, and your adult daughters also probably each need their own bed. So get the regular room with two queens and request a room with a sofa bed.

Second, it is unlikely you’ll have any sort of water view with a standard room. If you want that then change your room type.

In terms of the balcony, research the room type you reserved to see what types of balconies are available for those rooms then request the area of the resort that will have your desired balcony layout. Touring plans has a lot of information about specific rooms. We stayed in a garden view ground floor room this last time, near the quiet pool, and really liked it. The patio was large because it was ground level. That also made it really easy to go to and from the quiet pool.

Wow, you want a lot of stuff. First, if you only have one room then don’t request a King size bed. The pull out bed on the couch is only a single. I assume you and your wife would want a bed, and your adult daughters also probably each need their own bed. So get the regular room with two queens and request a room with a sofa bed.

Second, it is unlikely you’ll have any sort of water view with a standard room. If you want that then change your room type.

In terms of the balcony, research the room type you reserved to see what types of balconies are available for those rooms then request the area of the resort that will have your desired balcony layout. Touring plans has a lot of information about specific rooms. We stayed in a garden view ground floor room this last time, near the quiet pool, and really liked it. The patio was large because it was ground level. That also made it really easy to go to and from the quiet pool.
right??? lol

Let us know if you had any issues with this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!