Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I was wondering if the rooms in the 2 floors wing facing the quiet pool have balconies? And on the first floor if they have patios? TY

We are staying at BWI standard room for our first trip back to WDW in 6 years. Traveling with my 2 teenage boys. This will be our first BW stay. Any and all tips greatly appreciated!!

Do you mean people that perform on the Boardwalk at nighttime? We saw jugglers and hula hoop artists while we were staying there. Sorry I don't know more details - we often went to bed fairly early but I did see crowds gathered around performers a few nights we were there.
This is exactly the info I came here to find, thank you!

I saw someone ask this on another post but it was not answered. Do grocery deliveries have to be made after 4 pm at Boardwalk Inn?

Heading back to the BWI in less than 2 weeks! :cool1: Any signs of construction on the boardwalk yet? Does the Bakery have a closing date? I've been a bit out of the loop with the changes coming so I'd appreciate any info! :D
I just spoke at length to the CL assistant manager Sunday night about this.
There is no info give to them on a start to rooms. There are samples on the 5th floor that you can see
They have made it sound to them that the reno to the new restaurant areas will be done before rooms are started.
They are actively working down on the spaces but nothing can be heard or seen at this time. She only confirmed it was being worked on.
No closing dates as of Sunday at least, and she made it sound like they'll not get a heads up
I know we were without water in the wee hours of Tuesday morning and I have a feeling it was related to work down there.
For now, everything is open

I saw someone ask this on another post but it was not answered. Do grocery deliveries have to be made after 4 pm at Boardwalk Inn?
I highly doubt it. Bell Services at the Boardwalk Resort is open 24/7, so there's no reason that grocery deliveries would be restricted to after 4 PM. If the guest's room isn't ready at the time of delivery, they'll store the groceries appropriately (refrigerated/frozen).

At one point, after the resorts re-opened from the Pandemic, Garden Grocer would only deliver to Boardwalk/YC/BC/BCV after 4:00 pm. But I don't see any such thing on their website today.

I highly doubt it. Bell Services at the Boardwalk Resort is open 24/7, so there's no reason that grocery deliveries would be restricted to after 4 PM. If the guest's room isn't ready at the time of delivery, they'll store the groceries appropriately (refrigerated/frozen).
Thank you!

Are there photos of the sample rooms anywhere? I'd love to see what direction the refurb is taking when it does start up.

Can’t wait to see what room we are going to get. I know of the few we asked for for handicapped which are which but I’m wondering which one it’ll be!

At one point, after the resorts re-opened from the Pandemic, Garden Grocer would only deliver to Boardwalk/YC/BC/BCV after 4:00 pm. But I don't see any such thing on their website today.
Garden Grocer always (at least for the 5 years pre pandemic that I used them) had after 4:00 PM as the only delivery option for Boardwalk Inn and Villas. I would always select the day prior to our arrival for my delivery so that it would be there when we arrived early the next day.

Are there photos of the sample rooms anywhere? I'd love to see what direction the refurb is taking when it does start up.
Didn't sound like there was a room done yet from the conversation I had. Just the hall stuff. I know the CM I spoke to hadn't seen a room at the least. She said she wasn't worried seeing how great the hall looked though, in addition to other resorts done so far. She'd just come from SSR and loved what was done there.

I was going to walk up to the 5th floor but ran out of time. We are back next week and I'm going to try then. Doubt I'll see a room if there is one but the carpet and wall colors.

Didn't sound like there was a room done yet from the conversation I had. Just the hall stuff. I know the CM I spoke to hadn't seen a room at the least. She said she wasn't worried seeing how great the hall looked though, in addition to other resorts done so far. She'd just come from SSR and loved what was done there.

I was going to walk up to the 5th floor but ran out of time. We are back next week and I'm going to try then. Doubt I'll see a room if there is one but the carpet and wall colors.
Enjoy your return! I'm eager to see any of what they have started. I am trying to be optimistic. I do hope the whimsy remains even in the carpets and walls. I really liked the circus whimsy of the original.

Enjoy your return! I'm eager to see any of what they have started. I am trying to be optimistic. I do hope the whimsy remains even in the carpets and walls. I really liked the circus whimsy of the original.
I was telling her how much I like their current carpet and how well it fits the theme. That's when she told me it was gone for certain and that if you were to wander the 5th floor you'd see the new stuff.

I was wondering if the rooms in the 2 floors wing facing the quiet pool have balconies? And on the first floor if they have patios? TY
I have had a 2nd floor gv room twice and yes they do.

I believe all if not like 99% of BWI has a balcony or patio.

They do come in different sizes. Some are small but still can sit out there and a few are quite large.

Stayed standard view 3rd floor last week. They were repainting the white trim & doors white. One morning a note was slipped under our door “wet paint on your door” & we came out to a half a dozen painters painting the trim & doors. Why would they repaint the trim & doors if they were about to get replaced or scratched to kingdom come in a remodel?…

In general stuff… this was my first BWI stay. I’ve stayed BC, YC and Swan. I enjoyed the BWI location the most. I’m all about the boat because I hate walking any extra on a Disney vacation than I have to and I felt they were running a decent amount of boats and the boat dock was conveniently located at BWI. The location was also great for walking as it beat the pants off walking to Swolphin the night the boats weren’t running from EP due to storms!

The rooms need a remodel, just feel really outdated. The bathroom door needs to be a pocket door desperately. Our shower sprayed water like a foot to either side of the tub so thank goodness for shower curtains 😆 but the pseudo-rain showers they’ve been putting in elsewhere would be a nice upgrade. Can we talk AC a moment? I LOVED THE AC. It was almost as quiet as a mouse. I hope they don’t touch that in the remodel, it was perfection (especially because we came from POFQ where the AC made an absolute racket).

Stayed standard view 3rd floor last week. They were repainting the white trim & doors white. One morning a note was slipped under our door “wet paint on your door” & we came out to a half a dozen painters painting the trim & doors. Why would they repaint the trim & doors if they were about to get replaced or scratched to kingdom come in a remodel?…

In general stuff… this was my first BWI stay. I’ve stayed BC, YC and Swan. I enjoyed the BWI location the most. I’m all about the boat because I hate walking any extra on a Disney vacation than I have to and I felt they were running a decent amount of boats and the boat dock was conveniently located at BWI. The location was also great for walking as it beat the pants off walking to Swolphin the night the boats weren’t running from EP due to storms!

The rooms need a remodel, just feel really outdated. The bathroom door needs to be a pocket door desperately. Our shower sprayed water like a foot to either side of the tub so thank goodness for shower curtains 😆 but the pseudo-rain showers they’ve been putting in elsewhere would be a nice upgrade. Can we talk AC a moment? I LOVED THE AC. It was almost as quiet as a mouse. I hope they don’t touch that in the remodel, it was perfection (especially because we came from POFQ where the AC made an absolute racket).
As we were departing last week I noticed someone with paint sample strips around the lobby doors checking colors. I wonder if they were testing colors to go with the remodel?
or
In your case I wonder if important guests will be on hand for the Guardians opening and they want to make sure it looks sharp for them. We were around when GE opened and they were cleaning all the carpets and even replaced a few areas that were particularly bad to get it ready

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter