Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are headed to BWI on Wednesday. Yay! Can someone tell me if the coffeemakers in the room are Keurig brand? Also, what kind of fridge in just a standard room?

According to the WDW site:

BWI - no fridge of any kind. Just states Coffee Maker.

If your meant the DVC BWV, then a mini fridge/freezer and a standard Mr. Coffee like machine.

We will be at BWI for two nights. Five adults in one room. Do all rooms with 2 queen beds have the 5th sleeper from the TV stand and/or couch or do only some rooms accommodate this number of guests?

Last edited:
Do all rooms with 2 queen beds have the 5th sleeper from the TV stand and/or couch or do only some rooms accommodate this number of guests?
Short answer is no.

The fold down 5th sleeper (smaller than a twin) bed under the TV is only in the BWV (DVC) side of the resort.

On the BWI side not all 2 Queen bed rooms sleep 5. Some don't have a day bed. However if you have 5 on your reservation you should get a room with a day bed at the BWI by default. If you just want the separate sleeping surface you can make a "request" but reservations with 5 will have first priority.

Dave

Hi all.

I've posted this a few times but never get any takers... so I'll keep trying. :goodvibes

We are in need of a new "keeper" (or should I say, Innkeeper?) of the BWI thread. The links/photos/info on Page 1 have become quite stale/outdated. If you would like to volunteer to start a new thread, please let me know.

IMO these threads do not need to be the all encompassing/cover every possible piece of info they once were in the era before YouTube and abundant Disney blog content. But it can be helpful to have someone with a passion/knowledge of BWI to maintain the basic info and help steer the thread.

Feel free to PM if interested. Thanks!

Best view! 3257, deluxe room. Got the room ready text at 11am! We went right to the room. Yes, rooms need a refresh but nothing beats this people watching perch.
Did you do online check in inside of MDE? Or can you just wait and you'll get the text on the day of check in? I don't want to overwrite my room request by checking in too early.

Did you do online check in inside of MDE? Or can you just wait and you'll get the text on the day of check in? I don't want to overwrite my room request by checking in too early.
My understanding is that you won’t get a room assignment text unless you do online checkin (or after you check in at the front desk, if your room isn’t ready at that time). If you submitted a room request by contacting Disney, just skip that section of online checkin and your request will remain as submitted.

Honestly, I checked in at the airport, waiting for the 6:20am flight.

We usually stay in a water view room at BWI. But this time when we booked using the AP discount, none were available so we booked garden view. What are y’all thoughts on the garden views?

We usually stay in a water view room at BWI. But this time when we booked using the AP discount, none were available so we booked garden view. What are y’all thoughts on the garden views?

Personally, I love them! Quiet and peaceful. While this is an older photo, the view remains the same. This is at the far end of floor 2 and it overlooks the fountain with the leisure/quiet pool in the background. The room was huge and odd shaped, but we joked about the closet being the size of a small bedroom. Wish I could remember the number but sadly my memory isn't that great and it has been 10 years since this particular photo was taken.

Last edited:

Just got back a couple of weeks ago, had garden view room 3204. Like the above poster said quiet and peaceful. This was my view.

Attachments

• 20211127_095928.jpg
    20211127_095928.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 52
Just got back from BWI Deluxe Room. Room 3257, great views. We saw several weddings and I will try to attach a short video of what I'm sure proved to be quite an expensive wedding:). It wasn't the only time a car drove the bride to the wedding pavilion. We saw an old Lincoln convertible but I couldn't find my phone quick enough.

Club staff was amazing as usual. Lene and Matthew did an amazing job of keeping things moving. The highlight of the week were 2 nights of shrimp scampi...it was amazing! Plenty of food every night. I love small desserts so the tarts were perfect to end the evening, along with a strong Kahlua and cream. I may or may not have enjoyed a bottle or 2 or 3 of the Riesling...took me a week to do it but someone had to take one for the team:)

Yes, the room was tired but the housekeeping staff made sure it was clean with plenty of towels and sundries... our room was refreshed every day!

Soft rant...the masking on/off got quite annoying by the end of the week. Hopefully by next Christmas the country will be in a better place. Rant over.

We're already book for next December and maybe by then, I'll get a handle on Genie + and LL. It's a learning process.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter