Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Our 1 week stay at boardwalk villa studio is getting close (Feb 2023), and I have a few questions
1. What type of coffee machine do they have in the room? Keurig? Drip ?
2. Does the mini fridge fit a gallon of milk or should I get half gallon?
3. What about dishware? Is it disposable?
4. Glasses for wine? Do they have in the room?
5. I heard there is a gas station convenience store across boardwalk. How close is it to go by foot? Just looking for minor things such as milk, water, cereal, few snacks. Still debating if I should do a Amazon prime delivery, go to convenience store or just buy at the boardwalk store (which is more expensive I was told).

1. We have nearly always had the standard 8-12 cup Mr. Coffee drip which uses flat bottom filters. We bring our own coffeee and filters.
2. It will fit a gallon, but will be taking up a good bit of space.
3. All disposable--no glass or ceramic, merely paper, plastic and foam products.
4. No wine glasses in a studio--no glass at all in fact.
5. Speedway is convenient although it is a "convenience" store with limited selection.

Enjoy your stay!

So just stayed at the Boardwalk for the first time. Never really liked the vibe (so I thought). Was nervous because I had seen some not great things about it being run down. We were on the hotel side and WOW I just fell in love with this resort. I always thought the Boardwalk would make it loud in the hotel. I never saw the backside of the hotel. We were in a room all the way in the back by the quiet pool. The room Was huge! I asked if all the rooms were this big and was told since we had 2 queens and were on a little bit of a corner it was slight bigger. Walking thru the hotel was a loooooong walk but we found a way out down a staircase alongside the quite pool and up a huge outdoor staircase that put us right near the lobby. Belllvue lounge so much fun for such an out of the way oddly placed lounge. Chip and Dale were in the lobby taking pictures (I know this is a new thing at resorts and it’s a nice touch that people appreciate and is an easy thing for Disney). They were lying on the couch it was so fun. Roasting marshmallows (again I know a lot of resorts do this) but on that lawn with a Christmas tree overlooking the lake, beautiful! Walking home from Epcot at night and seeing all that entertainment on the Boardwalk and can sit and enjoy or walk right by but having the option of it is great. I just fell in love with this place. The detail all over with the pictures and old time Knick knacks all over the theming is fantastic. Loved the pool area dare I say maybe as much or more as BWV, it felt more private than being on display at Beach Club
Did I say I love this resort!
so now my question. What are the chances of getting into a studio at 7 months out if you don’t own there?
Also, with the DVC side scheduled for a refurb would I still have enjoyed the stay as much if it was my first time and stayed at the DVC side instead of the hotel side? considering trying to waitlist a night or two in February.

So just stayed at the Boardwalk for the first time. Never really liked the vibe (so I thought). Was nervous because I had seen some not great things about it being run down. We were on the hotel side and WOW I just fell in love with this resort. I always thought the Boardwalk would make it loud in the hotel. I never saw the backside of the hotel. We were in a room all the way in the back by the quiet pool. The room Was huge! I asked if all the rooms were this big and was told since we had 2 queens and were on a little bit of a corner it was slight bigger. Walking thru the hotel was a loooooong walk but we found a way out down a staircase alongside the quite pool and up a huge outdoor staircase that put us right near the lobby. Belllvue lounge so much fun for such an out of the way oddly placed lounge. Chip and Dale were in the lobby taking pictures (I know this is a new thing at resorts and it’s a nice touch that people appreciate and is an easy thing for Disney). They were lying on the couch it was so fun. Roasting marshmallows (again I know a lot of resorts do this) but on that lawn with a Christmas tree overlooking the lake, beautiful! Walking home from Epcot at night and seeing all that entertainment on the Boardwalk and can sit and enjoy or walk right by but having the option of it is great. I just fell in love with this place. The detail all over with the pictures and old time Knick knacks all over the theming is fantastic. Loved the pool area dare I say maybe as much or more as BWV, it felt more private than being on display at Beach Club
Did I say I love this resort!
so now my question. What are the chances of getting into a studio at 7 months out if you don’t own there?
Also, with the DVC side scheduled for a refurb would I still have enjoyed the stay as much if it was my first time and stayed at the DVC side instead of the hotel side? considering trying to waitlist a night or two in February.
Pool and garden view isn’t too difficult to book depending on the time of year. Sept-Dec would be more difficult than the rest of the year.

We're thinking of staying at the Boardwalk next November. Has anyone seen or heard anything that might indicate when the construction will be over? I'm hoping the upgrades will be complete by then. :-) TIA

We're thinking of staying at the Boardwalk next November. Has anyone seen or heard anything that might indicate when the construction will be over? I'm hoping the upgrades will be complete by then. :-) TIA
Inn side or Villa side?
Inn side, most likely
Villa side, not likely
based on the most recent dates floating around
Assuming you are referring to room remodel.
Resort, non-room is due to be complete before fall
Needless to say "construction at Boardwalk" is a broad term these days with a lot going on so hard to answer without more details

Well, I'm just going on what I read on the WDW website which wasn't very specific. We were thinking villa side but aren't sure. What are the dates you've heard floating around? Thanks.

Well, I'm just going on what I read on the WDW website which wasn't very specific. We were thinking villa side but aren't sure. What are the dates you've heard floating around? Thanks.
Spring for inn
after that for villa
by fall for resort
it’s not very specific beside they don’t have specific dates set yet

Does anyone know when they will post the January activity calendar?

Also, anyone there, can you confirm if ceramics are still an option in Community Hall?

We're arriving exactly on January 1.

Thank you and can't wait!

Does anyone know when they will post the January activity calendar?

Also, anyone there, can you confirm if ceramics are still an option in Community Hall?

We're arriving exactly on January 1.

Thank you and can't wait!
The activity calendar isn't posted until the first of each month, so you'll need to look for that when you arrive. Yes, they definitely still offer ceramics in the Community Hall!

We are renting DVC points in Feb. - studio w/ garden/pool view!! Can't wait - bucket list resort!! Will we be able to take advantage of the Extended Park Hours even if we are just renting?

We are renting DVC points in Feb. - studio w/ garden/pool view!! Can't wait - bucket list resort!! Will we be able to take advantage of the Extended Park Hours even if we are just renting?
Yes, we did this just a few weeks ago. Rented a confirmed reservation and got the extended hours with no issue.

We're checking in on NYE, has anyone ever run into issues parking at the BW during busy times? Debating if we should drive to our dinner ADR to avoid waiting extra long for Disney transportation, I don't want to return to find out the parking is full. I know the MK resorts get extra strict about who can park there during busy times, but I've never heard about the Epcot resorts doing the same. Seems like the BW would be a popular place on NYE.

Also, is it business as usual NYE with performers/entertainers out and/or are there typically other fun things going on?

We're checking in on NYE, has anyone ever run into issues parking at the BW during busy times? Debating if we should drive to our dinner ADR to avoid waiting extra long for Disney transportation, I don't want to return to find out the parking is full. I know the MK resorts get extra strict about who can park there during busy times, but I've never heard about the Epcot resorts doing the same. Seems like the BW would be a popular place on NYE.

Also, is it business as usual NYE with performers/entertainers out and/or are there typically other fun things going on?
We did not have any issues using our car last year Christmas week. NYE was great at BW!

Not only were the entertainers out, but there was also a DJ on the Village Green! He was giving out New Year’s hats to everyone. The kids had a blast!! I didn’t take any pictures past this, but this was taken around 7 o’clock at night, and the DJ was just starting up. You could see him in the far back corner behind the people on the right. We are staying at another resort this trip, but I hope you enjoy it!

159B1F40-C9DF-4DEB-99BB-0502C3E0DEA2.jpeg8E0B4D01-A9C1-428A-A4EC-C6F387BE5D1B.jpeg

The Boardwalk will be enforcing the parking rules on NYE. But your biggest issue will be all the other Resort Guests on all the roads. You can expect periods of Gridlock.

Roadways at the Walt Disney World Resort are extremely busy on New Year's Eve. It is important to plan extra travel time and to pay close attention to road signs, as road closures and redirects are typically in place across the entire property on December 31st.

source:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/new-years-eve.htm

Where is your ADR for NYE you might want to consider switching to one of the Epcot resorts around Crescent lake?

Activities at the Boardwalk:

Multiple dining locations and bar options, live entertainment, and a disco on the lawn, there is something for everyone to enjoy on New Year’s Eve. And also Atlantic Dance Hall and Jellyrolls. Free offeriing from CMs include hats, blowers, and hair bands. Feel free to bring your own or pick up one from the give-out points around the Walt Disney World Resort.

Dave

Last edited:
I saw this on Twitter on 12/20/2022, not from an official site:

Effective today, Walt Disney World Resort hotel parking restrictions have now been extended to all resorts over the holiday season. Only guests staying at that particular resort or with a confirmed dining reservation are allowed to park. However, this parking privilege does not apply to guests who have placed a mobile order or who intend to eat at a quick service location.

This policy, which happens every year around this time, is in effect throughout the year at select resort hotels. Enforcement depends on the security Cast Members. Some of the resorts that enforce it on a more regular basis include Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn.

If you do not meet the parking requirements for one of the Walt Disney World hotels, it is recommended to park at Disney Springs, which offers free parking, and take Disney transportation to the resort hotel. Another option is to park at a theme park and take Disney transportation from there, although this may incur parking fees if you are not an Annual Passholder with free parking benefits.

Is boardwalk villas studio, Standard view room, able to accommodate 3 adults and 2 kids (2&5)?
Yes, the BWV studios capacity is 5. Even if capacity were 4, the 2 year old would be allowed as “one child under 3 in a crib.” The studios have a queen bed, a queen sleeper sofa, and a single Murphy bed.

It will be somewhat crowded with all the beds open, but it’s entirely fine.

Is boardwalk villas studio, Standard view room, able to accommodate 3 adults and 2 kids (2&5)?

From the Disney World website:
Sleeps up to 5 Adults

But the bed situation is:
1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Single Pull Down Bed

Not sure who plans to sleep with whom in your group.

If you have the sofa bed open and the pull-down bed open, there isn't going to be a lot of room to walk around. If you are planning to put a stroller in there, it will be even harder to walk around. If you plan to put the two-year-old in a pack & plan, your floor space is really going to be limited.

Able to accommodate your group? Yes.

Able to accommodate your group comfortably? That's a different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter