Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are always freezing at BWV, even my husband. We turn the air on to the warmest we can get it, without turning on the heat. I also use an extra blanket. When it's hot, it's hard, because the rooms are so humid, but I can't stand shivering while in my room.

Sorry, the villas are due for refurbishment in 2023 as well. No dates have been announced yet, though, and they have to finish BRV first, so they may still have the old analog colder/warmer thermostats when you visit.

I will add though that we stayed in SSR (newly refurbished) this past June, and the digital thermostat was quite capable of making the room warmer as well as cooler!
Wow, cool. They sure need it. Last I heard they were NOT on the list

The many DVC resorts that have the sensors do not allow going ‘up’ for base temp the same as going ‘down’ (staying put at desired temps) for those desiring Cool/cold constant air.

I can’t stand the resorts like Poly DVC (which I own) where each time you use that 2nd washroom (a ‘half’ washroom really)…and suddenly cold air kicks on with stong fan blowing cold air on me. Jolts me up and can’t go back to sleep.
Daughter and husband also complain.

I realuze everyone is different and deserves to be. Just wish WE could control the heat/cold. There has to be a better way. We have a NEST at home and leave one temp. We don’t want a ‘schedule’. We feel differently on different days.
That's too bad. Makes me very glad we don't stay DVC

That's too bad. Makes me very glad we don't stay DVC
As per my post above, we had no trouble warming up our 1BR villa at SSR this past July. In fact, a couple of times we made it too warm and had to adjust the thermostat setting.

Wow, cool. They sure need it. Last I heard they were NOT on the list
Well, that’s why I said “due for”! :cutie: DVC has been pretty tight-lipped when it comes to announcing or listing an actual refurbishment schedule, and they pushed Poly and VGF ahead of BRV last year >:( then started the BRV refurb before announcing it.

Work begins on a new coffee shop in the lobby at Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Work is now underway on the first of several updates coming to Disney's BoardWalk Inn lobby.

BoardWalk Inn lobby coffee shop construction - October 4 2022

Dundy's Sundries is now closed and will soon become a new coffee shop. The new coffee bar will serve artisanal beverages and quick bites, available to-go or in newly refreshed seating spaces inside or outdoors.
I wonder when this will open? Hopefully by the end of the month. I know it’s in my dreams. Lol!

With all the airline issues we decided to fly into Disney the afternoon before our trip starts. I booked the Swan (yay points). Can we walk over to BWI with our luggage in the morning? All the times we’ve stayed at BWI we’ve never walked to Swan/Dolphin. I know the friendship boats run between them but that we can’t take our luggage on Disney transportation.

With all the airline issues we decided to fly into Disney the afternoon before our trip starts. I booked the Swan (yay points). Can we walk over to BWI with our luggage in the morning? All the times we’ve stayed at BWI we’ve never walked to Swan/Dolphin. I know the friendship boats run between them but that we can’t take our luggage on Disney transportation.
We added one night at the Dolphin at beginning of our trip the other week. We wheeled our suitcases to the BW in the morning before we entered Epcot.

We did that exact thing just before 4th of July. Walked over with our bags. We walked from Swan Reserve.

Is there a place to get a latte in the morning? I would to sit on my balcony with a hot cup. ☺️

Belle Vue Lounge Furniture Refresh Brings New Look to Disney’s BoardWalk Resort

We’re gearing up to make a seaside splash at Disney’s BoardWalk! Over the next few years, we’ll be bringing new enhancements and offerings to life along this beloved, turn-of-the-century promenade – from a charming new lobby design and nearby coffee bar to delectable dining options, refreshed guest rooms and other special touches.

Through the doors of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, light and airy touches will reinvigorate the lobby, lounge and guest rooms, carrying the seaside breeze right inside. Just off the lobby, a new coffee bar with artisanal beverages and quick bites will be available to-go or in newly refreshed seating spaces inside or outdoors.
Disney World announcement

Here’s a look at the refreshed Belle Vue Lounge at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort!

Availability Suggests September 2023 BoardWalk Villa Refurbishment

Disney Vacation Club has not revealed a timeline for the anticipated guest room refurbishment work at Disney's BoardWalk Villas but current room availability is pointing toward the fall of 2023.
Disney has made no secret of the fact that Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas will be undergoing a number of updates in the coming months. One of those projects includes a full renovation of the Disney Vacation Club villa rooms which have not been refurbished since a small-scale refresh back in 2016.

Availability of DVC rooms suggests that a large portion of the BoardWalk Villas will be updated beginning in September 2023. The DVC member booking website currently shows that all BoardWalk View rooms are unavailablity beginning on September 9, 2023. This includes all BoardWalkView One Bedroom villas as illustrated below. One Bedroom villas tend to be the slowest DVC room size to book. In the screen shot, the One Bedroom BoardWalk View rooms are unavailable from September 9 through at least September 17, the latest date members can currently book.

1665501601818.png

Do they have MagicBand 2’s on sell at BWI? I ordered a new one and it’s a + and I just want a regular one.

Availability Suggests September 2023 BoardWalk Villa Refurbishment

Disney Vacation Club has not revealed a timeline for the anticipated guest room refurbishment work at Disney's BoardWalk Villas but current room availability is pointing toward the fall of 2023.
Disney has made no secret of the fact that Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas will be undergoing a number of updates in the coming months. One of those projects includes a full renovation of the Disney Vacation Club villa rooms which have not been refurbished since a small-scale refresh back in 2016.

Availability of DVC rooms suggests that a large portion of the BoardWalk Villas will be updated beginning in September 2023. The DVC member booking website currently shows that all BoardWalk View rooms are unavailablity beginning on September 9, 2023. This includes all BoardWalkView One Bedroom villas as illustrated below. One Bedroom villas tend to be the slowest DVC room size to book. In the screen shot, the One Bedroom BoardWalk View rooms are unavailable from September 9 through at least September 17, the latest date members can currently book.

View attachment 709997
Interesting. I am currently booked on the Inn side, but was hoping to rent points at either Boardwalk or Beach Club. I was hoping the refurb would be done prior to our October 2023 trip, but it looks unlikely. Hopefully, I’ll be able to rent at Beach Club.

Are Inn Room refurbs to begin in 2023?
Does anyone know when the new coffee shop is to open?
thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter