Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Question from dh: does the fitness center have showers?

The ladies' locker room in the BWI fitness center has showers. I haven't been in the men's locker room.

I don't know if they re-opened post-COVID (or whatever we call the period we're in now, when the hotels shut but then re-opened).

Debating whether to change our reservation from Poly to BWI. I like the idea of multiple transportation and food/activities for when we are back from the parks. We are going from 10/27-11/4 and are worried about the upcoming renovations.

Any idea if that would dampen the experience? We stayed at CBR last time and it was too big for us.

Hi,

Does anyone have an update on the renovations? Really hoping that they don’t turn Belle Vue into yet another coffee bar.

Debating whether to change our reservation from Poly to BWI. I like the idea of multiple transportation and food/activities for when we are back from the parks. We are going from 10/27-11/4 and are worried about the upcoming renovations.

Any idea if that would dampen the experience? We stayed at CBR last time and it was too big for us.
For that date range, I would keep Poly (at least for the first part of the stay) for the MK Halloween fireworks viewing. Given the length of your stay, you could do a split stay and stay the first few nights at Poly and catch the MK Halloween fireworks from the resort (if you aren't going to the party) and then do the last part of your stay at BWI. We do this type of split stay a lot and it works out really well for us (though we don't have kids, so the move day is easy for us).

For that date range, I would keep Poly (at least for the first part of the stay) for the MK Halloween fireworks viewing. Given the length of your stay, you could do a split stay and stay the first few nights at Poly and catch the MK Halloween fireworks from the resort (if you aren't going to the party) and then do the last part of your stay at BWI. We do this type of split stay a lot and it works out really well for us (though we don't have kids, so the move day is easy for us).
Do they know a date for refurb?

I like the MK/EP area split but I’d reverse the split and do EP first for that date range because it’s Wine & Dine Marathon weekend.

@MEC004

Heading back to the BWI in less than 2 weeks! :cool1: Any signs of construction on the boardwalk yet? Does the Bakery have a closing date? I've been a bit out of the loop with the changes coming so I'd appreciate any info! :D

Heading back to the BWI in less than 2 weeks! :cool1: Any signs of construction on the boardwalk yet? Does the Bakery have a closing date? I've been a bit out of the loop with the changes coming so I'd appreciate any info! :D
We just returned from a wonderful week at BWV and my parents were at BWI. No sign of contruction that I could see. It should still look the same when you arrive. Enjoy!

Staying at BWV in early June - any info on whether or not the Buskers have returned?
Do you mean people that perform on the Boardwalk at nighttime? We saw jugglers and hula hoop artists while we were staying there. Sorry I don't know more details - we often went to bed fairly early but I did see crowds gathered around performers a few nights we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter