Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Trying to decide if BWV is the right resort for a 3 year old?

We will stay 16 days next June. the last 8 at AKV ( Jambo ) and the first 8 are not booked.

Hope i can get a Studio or 1 BR at BWV but never stayed there. Are the pools kid friendly and is there a splash zone or a kiddie pool?

We will stay 16 days next June. the last 8 at AKV ( Jambo ) and the first 8 are not booked.

Hope i can get a Studio or 1 BR at BWV but never stayed there. Are the pools kid friendly and is there a splash zone or a kiddie pool?
We stayed at the BWI last June with 2 1/2 yr old twins and didn’t care for the pools with regards to them. The main pool doesn’t have zero entry so we had to carry them in and the entire time they were in the water. We only swam one day, and we didn’t see or find any kind of kiddie pool or splash zone, so I’m assuming there isn’t one. We didn’t ask though, I just presumed, so if there is something we missed it. There was a regular playground. Most, if not all other deluxes have either a zero entry pool, and kids splash type area, or both so this was our least favorite resort for swimming and pool time.

We stayed at the BWI last June with 2 1/2 yr old twins and didn’t care for the pools with regards to them. The main pool doesn’t have zero entry so we had to carry them in and the entire time they were in the water. We only swam one day, and we didn’t see or find any kind of kiddie pool or splash zone, so I’m assuming there isn’t one. We didn’t ask though, I just presumed, so if there is something we missed it. There was a regular playground. Most, if not all other deluxes have either a zero entry pool, and kids splash type area, or both so this was our least favorite resort for swimming and pool time.
There isn't a splash pad, but pretty sure there is a kiddie pool.

Thought it would be helpful to see the pool:

The kiddie pool and play area are at the bottom left. Otherwise, the pool is certainly not kid friendly from an independent standpoint. There are, however, plenty of life jackets available to them.

There isn't a splash pad, but pretty sure there is a kiddie pool.
We should have just asked, but it was sprinkling and we kind of figured if we looked around the main pool and didn’t see it there must not be one. I had thought I had read there was a kiddie pool like the little one at POR or Pop, but we’re either blind and missed the obvious, it’s kind of hidden, it’s gone, or there just plain wasn’t one lol. Even with a little kiddie pool it would be our least favorite deluxe pool and pool area- not bad by any means, just our least favorite. The worst of the best I guess 😊.

Thought it would be helpful to see the pool:

View attachment 453580

The kiddie pool and play area are at the bottom left. Otherwise, the pool is certainly not kid friendly from an independent standpoint. There are, however, plenty of life jackets available to them.
You must have been posting while I was writing. Yep, there is a kiddie pool we missed unless that’s an old photo. Now we know if we go back! I don’t know how we didn’t see that.

There’s a kiddie pool and playground next to the main pool, which is Luna Park on the BWV side. I think it might be somewhat hidden from immediate view by the landscaping when you enter the area from the lobby side.

Ok thank you.

We have to wait a few days before we can book. Still thinking of the right place :-)

Sorry if this was already asked and answered, but I couldn’t find this when doing a search.
Can I get suggestions of the best BWV studio standard room? Looking for a nice view and relatively quite.

TIA

Sorry if this was already asked and answered, but I couldn’t find this when doing a search.
Can I get suggestions of the best BWV studio standard room? Looking for a nice view and relatively quite.

TIA
Are you booking for cash via Disney's Central Reservation System or renting points from a DVC member?

If it's a cash reservation, standard view is the same as pool/garden view for DVC members, and I'd ask for a view of the quiet pool. The Village Green can be noisy since it's almost a Boardwalk view, and the Luna Park pool can be noisy when everyone is swimming and especially during the afternoon activities (the CMs use microphones that are LOUD).

If you're renting DVC points, standard view looks out onto the front entrance and the parking lot. In that case, I'd ask for a view of the tennis courts - it's away from the noise of the front entrance and is also closer to the walkway to the Studios (if you take the stairs instead of the elevator).

In either case, ask for a high floor - farther away from the noisemakers no matter what the view is!

Are you booking for cash via Disney's Central Reservation System or renting points from a DVC member?

If it's a cash reservation, standard view is the same as pool/garden view for DVC members, and I'd ask for a view of the quiet pool. The Village Green can be noisy since it's almost a Boardwalk view, and the Luna Park pool can be noisy when everyone is swimming and especially during the afternoon activities (the CMs use microphones that are LOUD).

If you're renting DVC points, standard view looks out onto the front entrance and the parking lot. In that case, I'd ask for a view of the tennis courts - it's away from the noise of the front entrance and is also closer to the walkway to the Studios (if you take the stairs instead of the elevator).

In either case, ask for a high floor - farther away from the noisemakers no matter what the view is!
Thank you thank you for the quick and detailed information. I really appreciate it!!

Thank you thank you for the quick and detailed information. I really appreciate it!!

If you post which “standard view” you have booked, you’ll get more recommendations and more details too. :)

We have almost always booked Boardwalk view and have only stayed DVC pool/garden once and DVC standard view once, so there might be some additional worthwhile advice out there for you!

Apologies in advance from ( reasonably old non digital) longtime BW member since 1997??. First post. Great forum but having no luck with my problem. I am finding it impossible to make my desired reservation our last few trips. My wife and I prefer a standard view studio to save on points But they are NEVER available even when I make the reservation exactly 11 months ahead and at exactly 8am. The first night is already listed as UNAVAILABLE and Im pushed to a garden or BW view. Anyone have this same issue? Am I doing something wrong? Very frustrated as we have had to cut back on our trips since we are using up more points. WDW really has not been much help. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is the wrong forum

Eric Z

We bought 13-13 years ago. It was easier to book in May anyway when we bought in. I had problems booking our December 2019 last January, at 11 months, sitting at the computer at exactly 8 am. Walking seems necessary for a BW or standard studio at least during fall through early January these days. I didn’t understand how to walk so I booked the stay day to day, picking up days when walkers dropped days. It was a big pain but I got the 10 consecutive days in a BW studio I wanted after messing with it for more than 10 days. We have a December use year and I was using current year points so I don’t think I could have really walked the trip anyway. We are taking some time off from staying DVC after the trip and banking points. When we stay DVC again we will not book December and just stay non DVC if we decide to stay in December again.

Apologies in advance from ( reasonably old non digital) longtime BW member since 1997??. First post. Great forum but having no luck with my problem. I am finding it impossible to make my desired reservation our last few trips. My wife and I prefer a standard view studio to save on points But they are NEVER available even when I make the reservation exactly 11 months ahead and at exactly 8am. The first night is already listed as UNAVAILABLE and Im pushed to a garden or BW view. Anyone have this same issue? Am I doing something wrong? Very frustrated as we have had to cut back on our trips since we are using up more points. WDW really has not been much help. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is the wrong forum

Eric Z
You’ll get some good advice here, but I would also post your question in the DVC section of these boards! I think you’ll get more input from more members there, and from people who maybe don’t stay BW but still can help with your questions since they relate to all harder to get DVC reservations 😊.

Eric Z
Yes. We also purchased in 1997 and find also that standard view studios are no longer easily available at 8:00:01. Any that were available a second earlier are grabbed up in that one second, but generally they are grabbed up by those booking 10 day visits 10 days earlier.

For individual one night stays we've had some success waitlisting the standard view studio for that one night. It doesn't always come in but sometimes it does.

Standard studios on points make up about 7-10% of the resort. Plus, with the change to booking by check in date from booking by checkout day, the guest who booked the day or week before, may have gotten that studio you wanted. You may need to consider walking your reservation. I was able to book a standard one bedroom in May at seven months out (must have been a reservation change by another member). Stalk the member website to see if your studio comes available the day after you try to book right at 11 months out. Or try later in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter