Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just remember that rooms with the balconies are by request only, so it's doubtful that you will get one as there are only three of them. We have booked and requested the balconies twice now and didn't receive them either time.

I would imagine everyone that books that room category has the same "chance" at getting one of the 3 balcony rooms, whether you request them or not. As mentioned, there are only 14 rooms in this category, with 3 having balconies. I'll do as you've done..I'll request a balcony..but I'm sure they don't save them just for those who request them:). Did you enjoy the rooms that you did get? Any particular room you did or didn't like?

I
I would imagine everyone that books that room category has the same "chance" at getting one of the 3 balcony rooms, whether you request them or not. As mentioned, there are only 14 rooms in this category, with 3 having balconies. I'll do as you've done..I'll request a balcony..but I'm sure they don't save them just for those who request them:). Did you enjoy the rooms that you did get? Any particular room you did or didn't like?
l like being upstairs on the same floor as the lounge actually. room 14 is over behind the pool so to speak and is the farthest away. Room number 1 is closest to the stairway that brings you upstairs to the lounge and just a short walk to the elevators that you can use as well. Actually there are two sets of stairs that you can use to go to the fourth floor, the other one is tucked into the corner farther down. I truly love the BWI CL so to me any room at the Inn is a nice room.

We just got back from our vacation at BWI and our room was great! I had changed my reservation to a Water View and we were in room 3223 which was above and very near the Boardwalk Bakery with a great view of the Yacht Club. We had a patio as well and it was nice to stand out on periodically to look around and take in everything.

2 queen beds, sleeper sofa, a ceiling fan which worked really well after coming back from the parks hot and tired, and best of all, individual bottles of toiletries in the bathroom! Keurig with coffee, green tea, and English Breakfast tea. Oh, and the desk had a smaller table that fit under it, which was interesting.

I'd write a trip report but I didn't take many pictures as I was preoccupied with enjoying the moment.

We just got back from our vacation at BWI and our room was great! I had changed my reservation to a Water View and we were in room 3223 which was above and very near the Boardwalk Bakery with a great view of the Yacht Club. We had a patio as well and it was nice to stand out on periodically to look around and take in everything.

2 queen beds, sleeper sofa, a ceiling fan which worked really well after coming back from the parks hot and tired, and best of all, individual bottles of toiletries in the bathroom! Keurig with coffee, green tea, and English Breakfast tea. Oh, and the desk had a smaller table that fit under it, which was interesting.

I'd write a trip report but I didn't take many pictures as I was preoccupied with enjoying the moment.
Glad you enjoyed your visit.
Those little tables are designed for laptops, just as a FYI. Pretty common in lots of hotels these days.

Glad you had a great trip! :wizard:

Well after 4 resort switches and our package payment being due today we have changed to the Boardwalk. We are excited to finally stay here. We are staying in a Garden View so not expecting much since we have an action pack 5 days anyway. Now just have 30 days to wait. Can't come fast enough.

Fun bonus for smokers: one smoking area is over by ESPN and at night, if there's not much going on at the Boardwalk, you can hear the singing from Jellyrolls. You can't hear everything, but enough to get an idea of what song they're doing. I remember hearing "Bohemian Rhapsody" and I lol'd when I recognized the cover of Ginuwine "Pony" :rotfl:

There is a smoking area by Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls, but my room was over near ESPN so I sat there. It's very peaceful at night when nearly everything is closed.

Just paid deposit for BWV Studio in June! So excited, have been wanting to stay there ever since we were at BC and stopped over there 1 night and saw how amazing it was.

I’ve been reading this post and saw issues with buses to MK, when we were at BC they ran great. If buses become a problem, what do you think of going over to BC and taking that one?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks, YO

Just paid deposit for BWV Studio in June! So excited, have been wanting to stay there ever since we were at BC and stopped over there 1 night and saw how amazing it was.

I’ve been reading this post and saw issues with buses to MK, when we were at BC they ran great. If buses become a problem, what do you think of going over to BC and taking that one?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks, YO
No idea what problems there were
They are direct most times
However, no place has perfect bus service so you may well walk to BC and right in to a delay.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks, YO
You can, but by the time you walk all the way over you could have probably gotten a bus to MK at BW. I've had bad bus service at least once at every resort I've stayed at, including YC/BC, usually due to traffic and/or bad timing. I usually hear other people from others resorts talking about bad buses when I have also had a hard time, it happens, and it's usually not just one resort at a time. I'd save the steps and just get a bus from BW.

Well after 4 resort switches and our package payment being due today we have changed to the Boardwalk. We are excited to finally stay here. We are staying in a Garden View so not expecting much since we have an action pack 5 days anyway. Now just have 30 days to wait. Can't come fast enough.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

You can, but by the time you walk all the way over you could have probably gotten a bus to MK at BW.

I agree ;).

Just back from a 5 night stay at BWI. We were booked in a garden view room and I had put in a request for a room on the 5th floor. We were assigned room 5302 which was great. It overlooks the garden area so it was nice and quiet but also it was great to sit on our balcony at night and see the fireworks at Epco.

Does anyone know if there are any standalone studio villas and don’t connect to another room? What about the Inn - do all 2 queen rooms have a connecting door to another room?

Thank you. If you’ve stayed in both the villas and the Inn, do you prefer one over the other?
I have stayed in both and vastly prefer the Inn side
I have no use for a kitchen, even a mini version
I like 2 real beds in the room and full on housekeeping (unless you pay cash direct to Disney, then you get it on both sides)
and more importantly, we ADORE with a great big puffy heart, CL at BWI. Which you can't get on the Villa side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!